Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2008, 18:33   #1
God Member

Friends movie

There's some talk about there being a film made as a follow on to Friends. Sex and the City has just recently been released.

The X-Files film is due out soon too.

So there seems to be a bit of a trend of films being made to carry on a successful TV franchise. So which old programme should they bring back as a film?

Hubby wants the A-Team but I think they should made a film of The Little House on the Prairie. Of course, they'd have to hand out tissue paper along with the popcorn.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2008, 18:36   #2

Re: Friends movie

Airwolf!!!

Last edited by churchman phil; 11-07-2008 at 18:38.
churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 18:38   #3

Thankfully the Friends film has just been a vicious rumour...

Old 11-07-2008, 18:38   #4
God Member

We'll get a few suggestions in then I'll open a poll on it!

Old 12-07-2008, 09:47   #5
Resting in Peace

The only thing good about "Friends" was the theme tune
Old 12-07-2008, 16:16   #6
God Member

There should be a film made of that 1960's cult classic, "The Prisoner". No one could understand what it was all about -the characters did not have names, only numbers and the series was cancelled half-way through - so there was never an ending. Lovely special effects though, with a big balloon gobbling up someone practically every week. Yeah, we had proper TV in those days.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 16:35   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

would rather watch "Paint Dry" than a movie of Friends, i'm with tealeaf - the Prisoner will do fer me.
Old 12-07-2008, 16:40   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil View Post
Airwolf!!!
already did a film for that , they released a movie on vhs then aired the movie which was followed by the series

they should make a movie of mind your language , there were so many ethnic stereo types in that tv show there is no way in hell it would get by todays pc brigade

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 16:43   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Hubby wants the A-Team but I think they should made a film of The Little House on the Prairie. Of course, they'd have to hand out tissue paper along with the popcorn.
Tissues? What do you think your husband would be doing while watching Mr T?
Old 12-07-2008, 16:43   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
would rather watch "Paint Dry" than a movie of Friends, i'm with tealeaf - the Prisoner will do fer me.
Aye, that Friends is awful stuff. Is it any worse that other old rubbish we got fom the States - Sex and The City? Both of these should be avoided at all costs - it is male torture. Half an hour with your head in a bucket of pigeon vomit would be preferable.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 18:51   #11
God Member

Most of them are american twaddle, mel gibson was quick enough to do a couple of films in regard to british wars which were considered unfair, ie the patriot and braveheart, I would like to see him make a film about some of the american injustices, like the eviction of the native indians, (which was for greed, for gold and to make room for 'whites'), or the more recent greedy oil based wars, be far more interesting than the usual drivel from over the pond.
Old 12-07-2008, 18:56   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by churchman phil
Airwolf
already did a film for that , they released a movie on vhs then aired the movie which was followed by the series
That was the pilot movie for the series which was done with a lot of '80's TV series from Knight Rider to Streetrider. I'm talking about a modern version. A proper full on action flick

Old 12-07-2008, 19:17   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
There should be a film made of that 1960's cult classic, "The Prisoner". No one could understand what it was all about -the characters did not have names, only numbers and the series was cancelled half-way through - so there was never an ending. Lovely special effects though, with a big balloon gobbling up someone practically every week. Yeah, we had proper TV in those days.
I'd watch it but who would they get to star? Who would do it justice?

Old 12-07-2008, 19:41   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Most of them are american twaddle, mel gibson was quick enough to do a couple of films in regard to british wars which were considered unfair, ie the patriot and braveheart, I would like to see him make a film about some of the american injustices, like the eviction of the native indians, (which was for greed, for gold and to make room for 'whites'), or the more recent greedy oil based wars, be far more interesting than the usual drivel from over the pond.
And Gallipoli .... not bad in "We Were Soldiers," but in that one Sam Elliott, stole the show.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 19:50   #15
God Member

I agree that Hollywood tends to put out more crap than a Moose on ExLax ... but there were some old Brit movies just after WWll ... that were as bad as or worse than what Hollywood does .... Above Us the Clouds (or something like that), Cockellshell Heroes, Battle of the River Plate etc. Some things that were good on TV, just don't make it on the big screen .... Trailer Park Boys is great as a half hour show, but the movie version sucked ... In general, I don't think that most shows would not do wll on the big screen ... I did like X Files (the movie), and the fugitive wasn't all that bad .... but in general, if the only reason for putting out a movie of a tv show, which has already said all there is to say about very little, is to cash in on the general lack of taste of the average movie goer, then I don't want to see it. But as P T Barnum said: No one ever went broke by understimating peoples' taste."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..