Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2006, 20:47   #1
God Member

Frogs

About this time every year we get a load of little frogs (could be toads) stuck in our back garden. There are steps down to our back door from the garden and it's a blocked off area where once a frog gets stuck it can't get out.

Last year one of the little hoppers got a bit frisky and hopped into our kitchen when the door opened - obviousy it had decided that it couldn't get up the steps so was going to try a different route. Anyway, I probably frightened it so it hopped under the dishwasher and ended up being stuck there for a few days till it got up the nerve to hop out when I caught it and evicted it.

Tonight when we got back from our day trip we found the biggest frog ever (well compared to other ones that have got trapped) in the back but by the time we'd settled in the house and I'd popped back out it had disappeared - hope it's not hopped into the house.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-07-2006, 20:51   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Frogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle

Tonight when we got back from our day trip we found the biggest frog ever (well compared to other ones that have got trapped) in the back but by the time we'd settled in the house and I'd popped back out it had disappeared - hope it's not hopped into the house.
Hey, funny you should say that .. Monday, after picking grandaughter up from 'Prom' was a huge frog/toad on my doorstep, haven't seen one as big for years, usually only the tiny ones you have mentioned.

Anything going on, you reckon ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 20:54   #3
God Member

Hot wet weather I guess?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 20:55   #4
God Member

My lovely little youngest has a mad obsession with collecting frogs. Little known to me she'd brought one into the house. Oblivious to my uninvited guest I'd sent her to bed and was sat quietly watching TV, when, from under the TV unit out pops the biggest ugliest frog ever. I nearly crapped in my pants and screamed so loud for her to get her backside downstairs and get it out! Little sod lol!
Old 02-07-2006, 21:01   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
My lovely little youngest has a mad obsession with collecting frogs. Little known to me she'd brought one into the house. Oblivious to my uninvited guest I'd sent her to bed and was sat quietly watching TV, when, from under the TV unit out pops the biggest ugliest frog ever. I nearly crapped in my pants and screamed so loud for her to get her backside downstairs and get it out! Little sod lol!
Love to meet this kid, tempted to say 'Met your match then?', but of course I won't.. tee hee.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 21:08   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Love to meet this kid, tempted to say 'Met your match then?', but of course I won't.. tee hee.
YES!!! Met my match, thrown in the towel and accepted defeat!

Most scary thing is, those than know her say she's a mini-me, I don't know whether that's good or bad!
Old 02-07-2006, 23:04   #7
Give, give, give member

My neice has just released a whole load of frogs into my Mum's pond.

Hopefully they won't all jump through the hedge and be a plague of Biblical proportions for Gayle's Mum and Dad.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 23:08   #8
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
YES!!! Met my match, thrown in the towel and accepted defeat!

Most scary thing is, those than know her say she's a mini-me, I don't know whether that's good or bad!
No, please don't say that I feel for her, I really do

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..