Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2006, 08:15   #1
Senior Member+

Angry Front Page ...Observer

Troublesome Norfolk Grove and Meadoway. They forgot to put in the paper that in order to get to each destination they have to travel down Warwick Close or use our back gardens as a rat-run.

Had to laugh at the Letters To The Editor Page, a letter submitted saying it wasnt all the police fault about what is going on around here and that us the tennants should complain to our housing managers.

I guess the writer dosnt realise that the managers of Hyndburn Homes are the same ones as Hyndburn Borough Council who got the estates in this way in the first place. Has anybody tried to ring the managers of Church, if so you will now they are impossible to get hold of. They are either always in a meeting, out of the room,on leave, on a 3 hour lunch ,on sick, abducted by aliens,day off, etc, etc. You leave your concerns and telephone number BUT they never ring back. Total waste of space. One of our housing managers,who only seems to work every other week and has all school holidays off, you cant tell him anything as he goes to the people you have complained about and tells them who is complaining and what they have said. Then leaves you in the s**t. No such thing as confidential with him.

The other day we all recieved newsletters with usual brag of how much Hyndburn homes have to spend on the council houses etc, i noticed the newsletters was covered in photos of Ken Bury, Nigel Fenton happily smiling away cutting their congratulations cake ! They was saying how well they are responding now to tennants repairs etc, well thats funny cause im still waiting for an housing inspector to come and tell me my flat is safe to live in and ive been waiting a few months now. The roof is raining in, managed to get an inspector to look at that and was told in writing on the the 3rd April it was a routine repair that would be done within 20 days !!!!! .....still waiting.

Well in my opinion, since Hyndburn Homes took over, nothing has changed, if anything its just got worse. Mind you, what do you expect with the same idiots running the show.

jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-05-2006, 08:43   #2
mez
God Member

Re: Front Page ...Observer

ive got to agree with you there j/b. ive been waiting about 4yrs for them to repair my fencing at the back of my house its the chain link wire thing .....but kids have used it as a swing & its a right mess sooo..with delight at the take-over methinks; mmmm mabe get new fence now .........its only 4 panels .........so duly rang in all polite, inspector came round .."oo yes thats a repair i'll put a ticket in " i rang last week again 5 weeks later to be told that they are not doing repairs on fencing now ...........im fed up .....so its just cost me over £100 for new fencing .....am thinking off taking it with me too, when i die ........then they will HAVE to put a new one there .
Old 20-05-2006, 08:53   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
Well in my opinion, since Hyndburn Homes took over, nothing has changed, if anything its just got worse. Mind you, what do you expect with the same idiots running the show.

That is definately wrong. New maanagement should have been brought in after the changeover. Now all they can do is sack the managers they have for being incompetent. Can you not contact whoever is at the top of Hyndburn Homes now? Why not try and find out who their parent company is, if they have one.
Old 20-05-2006, 09:06   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
That is definately wrong. New maanagement should have been brought in after the changeover. Now all they can do is sack the managers they have for being incompetent. Can you not contact whoever is at the top of Hyndburn Homes now? Why not try and find out who their parent company is, if they have one.

The top of Hyndburn Homes is still the same person who was top of Hyndburn Borough Council .... Ken Bury......i think he has cement in his ears and no matter how loud you shout ... he cant hear you !
Old 20-05-2006, 09:22   #5
Give, give, give member

If CCTV can film what appears to be people dealing why can't they arrest the people filmed?

It must be a nightmare for decent people trying to get on with their lives with scum like that on their doorstep.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 10:16   #6
Senior Member+

I practically live in my bedroom at the back of the flat because of whats going on around here. That way no lights are on at the front of the flat and i cannot witness any dodgy dealings and have my windows put through if they think ive seen something i shouldnt have.
I get up during the night to look through the window to check the car, the gangs around here love to key your cars and kick your wing mirrors off.

The thing is, if you confront any of the youths you can kiss your windows goodbye and the council charge you over the odds to replace them. The council used to reglaze f.o.c. if you had a crime reference number if you was a victim of vandalismn, now they charge for it.

On a good note, the postman has just delivered a letter .....

According to this letter my property has been identified as one of the potential properties for this years financial year for home improvements.
It says 2 seperate visits will be needed, one from The Arcus Partnership and Airbourne Enviromental Consultants Limited for internal and external surveys .... i will keep you posted.
Old 20-05-2006, 10:56   #7
God Member

The pre requisits for being a council offcial are;

No good at the job.

Have a taste for good food and wine.

Capable of working 2 hours a day no more no less.

Not know how to use a phone.

Be able to BS you way through everything.

Talk the talk but not walk the walk.

Incapable of any kind of basic planning.

Stay alloof from the public.

Take pity on the employees below you if they get their hands dirty.

A degree in stupidity and networking.

Most important of all, KNOW WHO'S ARTHER TO KISS ON A REGULAR BASIS.

Unfortunately this leads to a lot of angry residents in the bourgh and they dont seem to give a Tom Tit.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..