Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2008, 14:44   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Gary Glitter aka Paul Gadd

I’m a bit surprised that no one has started a thread on GG so that they can vent their spleen.

The Home Secretary has announced new plans to restrict the movements of paedophiles in and out of Britain. So it took the GG issue to bring that on? Such a restriction should have been in place years ago.

GG has been release from a prison in Vietnam after serving 3 years for molesting under age girls and the authorities there put him on a plane to the UK.

A stopover at Bangkok enabled GG to first fake a heart attack and then refuse to board the plane for the UK. So he now sits in the transit lounge because the Thai authorities refuse to allow him into their country. The latest news is that if he doesn’t board a UK bound plane voluntarily the Thai authorities will use force to put him on.

The UK government wants him back here and indeed they have sent out a policeman to Bangkok to make sure that he does come back.

GG doesn’t want to come back to the UK and is quoted as stating that he prefers to stay out in the Far East. I don’t want him back here and I think that he should have his wish granted – er I think that North Korea would be a good place to send him.

It was also revealed on the wireless yesterday that one of his sources of income is some £150,000 annual royalties from one of his recordings that is played at US Football matches. You know the ones where they use a rugby ball and rarely actually kick the ball.

It’s no wonder that he can travel the world to satisfy his perverted ways. It’s time that the Yanks stopped using his records and thus cut off his royalties. I’d be inclined to cut off more than his royalties.
Old 20-08-2008, 14:49   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Gary Glitter aka Paul Gadd

whilst i have no wish to see him arrive back in the U.K. it begs the question,Why should another country accept him? the simplest solution would be for someone out there to Top Him. ........Problem Solved.
Old 20-08-2008, 15:56   #3
Senior Member+

well apparently the thai ppl have deffo deported him from the country.

i think convicted paedo's who have continually broken the law should be tagged and monitered 24/7

make them feel as uncomfortable as possible. random checks to make sure they're not somewhere they shouldnt be etc.
Old 20-08-2008, 16:00   #4
Senior Member+

Former pop star Gary Glitter has left Bangkok on a flight to Hong Kong, Thai police have said.

He was earlier deported from Vietnam after spending almost three years in jail for sexually abusing two girls.

Glitter, 64, real name Paul Francis Gadd, arrived in Bangkok, Thailand, to catch a connecting flight to the UK.

But he boarded a Thai Airways flight to the Chinese territory Hong Kong after refusing to leave Bangkok airport to return to the UK, police said.

Thai immigration officials had barred him from entering Thailand after he said he wanted to remain in the country or go to another Asian country.

The Home Office has confirmed Glitter was issued with a new British passport in recent months, which will make it easier for him to enter a third country.
Old 20-08-2008, 16:11   #5
Resting in Peace

It may be easier for him to enter a new country, but who the hell wants the pervert, no doubt he will end up back, but I don't think he'll be singing Its Good to be Back
Old 20-08-2008, 18:32   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
Former pop star Gary Glitter has left Bangkok on a flight to Hong Kong, Thai police have said.
Is he going to be singing at the Olympic closing ceremony in Peking?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 18:43   #7
Senior Member+

*LOL* i was gonna say that - he's gonna do a taksin shinawatra and pretend he's goin for the olympics and then run away somewhere else
Old 20-08-2008, 18:44   #8
God Member

I think he chose Hong Kong because corruption is endemic there, and all he needs is a sizeable backhander to the authorities. He still has royalties from his music I presume.

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/conten...00001/art00004
Abstract:
Corruption has been a perennial problem in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong of the post-war years represented what appeared to have become an intractable case of a society in which corruption was entrenched as part of political, economic and social life. .

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 18:55   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i reckon he chose Hong Kong margaret, cos he wants to remain in Asia n 19 other countries refused to have him, may possibly of had a bearing on his choice.
Old 20-08-2008, 19:06   #10
Super Moderator

Just been announced on TV that he's been refused entry in Hong Kong. Let's face it, he's going to end up back here, then he's going to start whining about feeling threatened, then he's going to get police protection, all paid for by us...

...sad but true.
Old 20-08-2008, 19:31   #11
God Member

I think he should have to come back here and if he pulls the I'm having an heart attack stunt they should shove him on regardless, why should another country have to put up with him? At least here he can be kept an eye on, signed on the register and all that, I still think paedo's should be chemically castrated.
Old 20-08-2008, 19:33   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

agree grego,apart from the chemical castration, should be done with a butchers knife.
Old 20-08-2008, 20:03   #13

If he does end up back here, I bet it wont be long before he starts bleating that his Human Rights are being violated ( urged on by some scumbag solicitor ) the Government will go “belly up” as per and allow him to take his case to the European Courts.
Old 20-08-2008, 21:37   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
I think he should have to come back here and if he pulls the I'm having an heart attack stunt they should shove him on regardless, why should another country have to put up with him? At least here he can be kept an eye on, signed on the register and all that, I still think paedo's should be chemically castrated.
Agree Grego, he is our responsibility after all. He's an extremely sick man, and maybe should have some sort of treatment to dampen his desires as you suggest.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 21:39   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Agree Grego, he is our responsibility after all. He's an extremely sick man, and maybe should have some sort of treatment to dampen his desires as you suggest.
whats wrong with my suggestion?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..