Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2008, 20:09   #16
Senior Member+

Re: GCSE Results

Got my O levels about 30 odd years ago.Crap grades(all 3 of them) but would still be the equivilent of a Phd these days.Then onto the treadmill that is life.You GCSE'rs don't know you're born.Best of luck anyway,just don't re-re design my town.
Old 21-08-2008, 20:11   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Also drop to 3 subjects as soon as you can - you'll have more time to work on the other 3 subjects and uni's only look at 3 results - the reason colleges have you do 4 is they get more funding.
That made me laugh. You need to look at the differences between opinion and fact before spouting off.
Old 21-08-2008, 20:18   #18
Senior Member+

Oops Got It Wrong I Got ;

4 A*'s, 2 A's, 3 B's, 4 C's, 2 D's, 2 E's

Not Too Sure About When I Leave Uni/College Yet.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 20:21   #19
God Member

i know its a few years off yet but i hope you have something in mind so you can be aiming towards it
Old 21-08-2008, 20:30   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Also drop to 3 subjects as soon as you can - you'll have more time to work on the other 3 subjects and uni's only look at 3 results - the reason colleges have you do 4 is they get more funding.
Uni's will take into account all four if your aiming for the best uni's. Everyone knows that universities are struggling to pick out the best as it is without ignoring peoples results.

They only ignore the 4th if it is something like critical thinking/general studies etc, but even they can be taken into account if your three A levels just happen to miss the University's offer, so try hard in everything.

Also Nickelson, did school teach you to write sentences with every single word beginning with a capital letter? I don't really know how you can be bothered to do that!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 20:36   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Also Nickelson, did school teach you to write sentences with every single word beginning with a capital letter? I don't really know how you can be bothered to do that!
Nope , i just prefer to type like that.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 20:41   #22

excellent i wont bore you with what i got at school
but well done
you should be proud !!
Old 21-08-2008, 20:48   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Nope , i just prefer to type like that.
Any particular reason? I presume you do it with the shift key? I tried it just to see what it was like and it just ached my hands and seemed to make everything take longer than it should!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 21:40   #24

Congratulations Nick!
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 21:44   #25
Senior Member+

my biggest little sis got 4 a's 3 b's and 3 c's and has been hrd to get hold of today!! grrr....... well done Leah (thats my sis lol) and well done everyone

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 21:44   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i know its a few years off yet but i hope you have something in mind so you can be aiming towards it
disagree, think its best to have a few options, then ya can go the way ya fancy at the end of it.good luck whatever kid
Old 21-08-2008, 21:49   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
disagree, think its best to have a few options, then ya can go the way ya fancy at the end of it.good luck whatever kid

ok ok uncle cashy is right AGAIN

but you have to have at least 1 thing in mind surely? lol you cant just go to college and uni just for the sake of it....can you?
Old 21-08-2008, 21:54   #28
God Member

Well done, you must be very pleased.
Old 21-08-2008, 22:01   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
ok ok uncle cashy is right AGAIN

but you have to have at least 1 thing in mind surely? lol you cant just go to college and uni just for the sake of it....can you?
no not go fer the sake of it, but many different fields to choose from in many cases, n when ya become aware more of what ya thought ya wanted, ya may think no, n choose a different path. says the guy who really ballsed some good opertunitys up lol
Old 21-08-2008, 22:03   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
no not go fer the sake of it, but many different fields to choose from in many cases, n when ya become aware more of what ya thought ya wanted, ya may think no, n choose a different path.

WOAH that sounds scarily like my life

now stop being all philosophical Mr and bring uncle cashy back please

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..