Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2008, 12:42   #76
God Member

Re: Get it sorted.

All this talk of poo in the house has reminded me of a programme I watched a couple of years ago.

It was called Are You Being Serviced and it was all about council workers in Blackburn.

In this particular episode the council guys had been called to a house in Blackburn. The tenants had left and they were cleaning it up for the next occupants. I'll never forget this....

In the corner of every room....living room, dining room, kitchen, bedrooms were piles of human poo and the carpets were soaked with human wee. Needless to say the stench was gut wrenching.

There was a perfectly fully functioning bathroom upstairs which had never been used. The two adults and their 3 children that lived there never used the toilet. They just squatted in the corner of whatever room they were in and just deposited all their business there and left it!

Now what's that all about? Why would anyone do that?

P.S.... Lettie, you and your colleagues deserve an M.B.E.

I can only imagine the horror of having to examine the private parts of the great unwashed, especially during the hot summer weather. I bet it makes you want to throw up.

Good on your colleague who told the stinky beggars to familiarise themselves with soap and water.
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2008, 12:49   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Thanks onlyme, didnt want to name and shame but seen as you have admitted it........... lol

I cant say anything, my 2 were to blame for messing up your house that day lol
and theyre welcome to do it again, whenever they feel the need lol

Besides, stop blaming the kids, it was balloon animals i keep finding all over the place lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 13:31   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post

Besides, stop blaming the kids, it was balloon animals i keep finding all over the place lol
Hey, what can I say, I was in demand that day. Ive finally found my true vocation in life!!
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 14:24   #79
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
P.S.... Lettie, you and your colleagues deserve an M.B.E.

I can only imagine the horror of having to examine the private parts of the great unwashed, especially during the hot summer weather. I bet it makes you want to throw up.

Good on your colleague who told the stinky beggars to familiarise themselves with soap and water.

It seems to have got worse over the last few years Lilly. Gone are the days when 2 Hattie Jacques lookalike nurses used to sweeney march smelly clients into the bath. It is so P.C. these days that patients complain when you tell them the truth. It's amazing how many people will not have a shower or bath before an operation or after childbirth.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 14:25   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post

Hahaha we played more with those balloon animals than we played with avon stuff that day.....in fact i think the kids acted more like adults than us as well

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 14:26   #81
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
It's amazing how many people will not have a shower or bath before an operation or after childbirth.

EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
No way.

Old 19-04-2008, 14:29   #82
God Member

Quote:
It seems to have got worse over the last few years Lilly. Gone are the days when 2 Hattie Jacques lookalike nurses used to sweeney march smelly clients into the bath. It is so P.C. these days that patients complain when you tell them the truth. It's amazing how many people will not have a shower or bath before an operation or after childbirth.
What on earth is wrong with these people? They don't even seem to have any idea about basic hygiene. There is no need for it.
Old 19-04-2008, 14:35   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
I spent most of the time in the bath when i was in labour... eased the pain
straight afterwards i had a shower, which was very strange.. it was a cubical and i was half the size i was before and didnt have a bump to balance me lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2008, 17:17   #84
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I dont have pets or smoke, and i think people who do, thier house do tend to smell a bit, but thats understandable, but to have **** in the carpet and not clean it and have dirty sticky floors...well......yuk!

My son came up to me the this morning and gave me a cuddle, but he kept going away and coming back to give me yet another cuddle....well i was thinking whats up...hes clingy........so i asked why he keeps giving me cuddles.....he said ...because I smell nice....LOL...AHHHH
Old 19-04-2008, 18:30   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
I dont have pets or smoke, and i think people who do, thier house do tend to smell a bit, but thats understandable,
I think i notice peoples 'house smell' more because i dont have pets or smoke either.....and i find when i get home i can still smell their 'house smell' on my clothes.Not saying they are manky but weird how when im at theirs i dont really notice it till i walk out and then its REALLY strong.

Old 19-04-2008, 18:39   #86
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

I know what ya mean misskitty, when iv been to my mothers etc... and they smoke, i get home i stink of fags!...not very nice
Old 20-04-2008, 16:50   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
There was an air freshener advert on T.V. not long ago, It started,

Do you smell like fish?

The parents and child looked into the camera in horror from the Sofa they lounged upon, and (from what I remember), were advised, buy this plug and it in, (no mention of get of your backside and clean up),

next clip showed them sat happily together with the freshener plugged in.

Excuse me? You smell like fish? Ever considered a regular change of underwear and a wash of your essentials?

I did a google to see if I could find the Ad' no success, maybe someone else can find it?

Was it this one you were thinking about?
Febreze Range - AOL Video

Old 20-04-2008, 19:13   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
I use saop, just am unfortunate to have sweaty feet lol, think it might be these fluffy boots that are to blame but i do wash my feet twice a day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Fortunately BO is something I don't suffer from. I do sweat a lot when I am working but don't smell.

Unless some of you want to tell me otherwise.
Two different, but very valid opinions here..... One who cannot spell "soap", and one who mentions another four letter word - "work". I suspect that most of the BO offenders have no experience of either of these...
andystanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..