Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2006, 14:41   #16
God Member

Re: Good morning or should I say good afternoon.

we played that port starboard thing at cubs.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-07-2006, 14:43   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by magily
If we were lucky and I mean lucky you had chalk to play arrows if not lollipop sticks were good. I can't remember the name of the game where someone would be in the middle of the road and shout port or starboard and you had to get to the other side. I am sure there was other ones as well. My all time favourite was ralleyo, spent many night running around Trinity st in Ossy playing that one.
Ralleyo is that a type of hide and seek but in bigger numbers?I see your from Ossy I was brought up on Rhyddings st.Small world
Old 14-07-2006, 14:48   #18

Yes, many happy memories of Ossy. It has changed so much now though, I do enjoy going to Ossy mills when I am home. I went to St mary's and then onto Holy family. Yes ralleyo was a variation of hide and seek.
magily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2006, 14:51   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes, many happy memories of Ossy. It has changed so much now though, I do enjoy going to Ossy mills when I am home. I went to St mary's and then onto Holy family. Yes ralleyo was a variation of hide and seek.
Wouldn't be surprised if we know each other.I went to St.Mary's to.But went to St.Mary's College after.Did you ever build the carts aswell with old bits of wood and pram wheels?
Old 14-07-2006, 14:54   #20

Oh yes now that bring back memories. We must have been in the same year at St Mary;s reading your proflie. You must have been one of the clever ones who passed their 11 +.
Old 14-07-2006, 14:59   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Oh yes now that bring back memories. We must have been in the same year at St Mary;s reading your proflie. You must have been one of the clever ones who passed their 11 +.
Yeah possibly,Cleverer ones????I hated going there always wished Id gone to Holy Family myself,all my good mates went there.
Old 14-07-2006, 15:04   #22

Yes I didn't try at the 11+, my brother and sister were already at Holy Family so I wanted to go there. Did you used to go to the New Era disco on a Wed night, I used to live for that.
Old 14-07-2006, 15:10   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes I didn't try at the 11+, my brother and sister were already at Holy Family so I wanted to go there. Did you used to go to the New Era disco on a Wed night, I used to live for that.
Yeah used to go there with mates from Holy Family,St Mary's College & a few from Rhyddings.You've got me trying to guess who you are now from St.Mary's junior school.Its really strange on here only found out one of my old mates from years ago is on here and been on for ages.Where you the same year as Hughesie and Fegs.Im using nicknames i dont know if your supposed to use peoples names thats not on here?
Old 14-07-2006, 15:17   #24

Yes I was. One of my good friends bought the farm were Fegs used to live.
Old 14-07-2006, 15:19   #25

New to this. Send me a private message, hopefully I should be able to respond and all will be revealed.
Old 14-07-2006, 15:20   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes I was. One of my good friends bought the farm were Fegs used to live.
Then yes you were the same year as me.My first names Ian does that ring any bells with you?and my surname same as Paul that was in our year that went to Holy Family.
Old 14-07-2006, 15:22   #27

Yes I know you now, we sat next to each other at St Marys in Mr Murphy's class. Small world.
Old 14-07-2006, 15:24   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes I know you now, we sat next to each other at St Marys in Mr Murphy's class. Small world.
I take it your fist name might be Helen? If it is yes it is very small world...
Old 14-07-2006, 15:26   #29

we were the smallest in the class so always at the front.I guess I just lost my anonymity on this site.
Old 14-07-2006, 16:00   #30

So who knew a post saying good morning to you all would lead up to chatting with an old school pal. I guess it has been a good day.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..