Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2009, 00:04   #16
God Member

Re: Government proposals to stop benefits for Alcoholics & Drug Addicts.

job seekers allowance 60.50 per week

incapacity benefit Long-term basic rate: £89.80 plus DLA

D.L.A Weekly rate

Highest rate £70.35
Middle rate £47.10
Lowest rate £18.65

can you see now why people get annoyed that alcholics and drug addicts get so much more money than somone whos paid NI , preppared to work and not sit in a pub or shoot muck into tehir viens?

even without the disability living allowance they get £30 a week more than people on job seekers and with high rate allowance get £100 a week more than people on job seekers allowance

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 15-04-2009 at 00:09.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2009, 00:07   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
job seekers allowance 60.50 per week

incapacity benefit Long-term basic rate: £89.80 plus DLA

Care component Weekly rate
Highest rate £70.35
Middle rate £47.10
Lowest rate £18.65

can you see now why people get annoyed that alcholics and drug addicts get so much more money than somone whos paid NI , preppared to work and not sit in a pub or shoot muck intotehir viens?

even without the disability living allowance they get £30 a week more than people on job seekers

And that is why I think they have abolished incapacity benefit (plus you have quoted long term rates which you had to be on incap for a while before getting) for new claimants...its replacement ESA is at the same rate as JSA for the first 12 weeks whilst you have to go through a medical assessment period

plus you have quoted the old rates

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 00:10   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
I think they've "floated2 " this idea to divert us from the scandal of MPs expenses, they won't be stopping any benefits anytime soon.
So very true, just come up with a proposal that takes the scandalous amounts most of our MPs are claiming out of the lime light. Another idea they floated was to take "carers" off the wonderful sum they are allowed to claim and put them on "job seekers allowance". How the hell can you be a carer and a job seeker at the same time? It is a joke as are most policies proposed by this goverment and no doubt the next lot will be the same.
Get out into the real world and then come back with some real policies but won't hold my breath that any decent change will happen soon.
Old 15-04-2009, 00:10   #19
God Member

yeah they just altered but they still get more money than folk on job seekers which is the point i was trying to make lol

druggies and alcholics im refering to not people with good reason to be on DLA etc

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 15-04-2009 at 00:12.
Old 15-04-2009, 00:17   #20
God Member

if your too drunk to walk will they give you a car on mobility ?

hey you never know with this country lol

Old 15-04-2009, 00:18   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
yeah they just altered but they still get more money than folk on job seekers which is the point i was trying to make lol

druggies and alcholics im refering to not people with good reason to be on DLA etc
It has become a nightmare to claim DLA lately they have clamped down big time so you would have to have some serious medical problems to be able to get it now and just being an alcoholic/drug addict wouldn't work, you certainly wouldn't be able to get it due to falling over drunk or passing out high anyway!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 00:47   #22
God Member

DLA has always been a joke as far as I'm concerned, as I have mentioned before there was the case of Michael who was blind and had no hands(following an accident) who was refused DLA for many years. Ok so he was eventually rewarded it but why/who makes the decisions? They obviously have no idea about living with a disability but they make the decision of what a disability constitutes
And can I add that the adjudicators are about as clued up as idiots. When we learnt that Ian's mum had terminal cancer the form was filled in by professionals to make things easier but what was sent in return? Just a letter saying "as you have six months or less to live you are entitled to high rate DLA" Who appoints these so called "experts" for these jobs?
Old 15-04-2009, 09:27   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
And don't forget when an alcoholic spends £100 of benefits on booze the government get most of it back.Not like the people who squander it on food.
Every morning when I log on to Accy Web I know that at least one post from Beni is going to crack me up and put me in a good mood for the rest of the day
Old 15-04-2009, 09:43   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
DLA has always been a joke as far as I'm concerned, as I have mentioned before there was the case of Michael who was blind and had no hands(following an accident) who was refused DLA for many years. Or so he was eventually rewarded it but why/who makes the decisions? They obviously have no idea about living with a disability but they make the decision of what a disability constitutes
And can I add that the adjudicators are about as clued up as idiots. When we learnt that Ian's mum had terminal cancer the form was filled in by professionals to make things easier but what was sent in return? Just a letter saying "as you have six months or less to live you are entitled to high rate DLA" Who appoints these so called "experts" for these jobs?
Initial claims for DLA Bernie, are processed by people who have no clinical experience, it is only when you appeal and have to go in front of a medical tribunal that medical clinicians get involved. I would always suggest to any one being refused DLA that they appeal immediately, the best way is to seek the advice from Welfare Rites, who are very helpful and will advise on the best way forward
Old 15-04-2009, 10:04   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Initial claims for DLA Bernie, are processed by people who have no clinical experience, it is only when you appeal and have to go in front of a medical tribunal that medical clinicians get involved. I would always suggest to any one being refused DLA that they appeal immediately, the best way is to seek the advice from Welfare Rites, who are very helpful and will advise on the best way forward
Going through all this at the moment,I have seen three independent doctors appointed by the social and all agree I am not fit to work and need help. both to look after day to day activities and to get around as I can't walk very far,so far nothing.Waiting for the appeal.

By the way Jay Rites are what they give you on your way out are you trying to tell me something.It was bad enough when I got moved to live in between my doctors and the funeral directors.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..