Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2016, 22:10   #76
I am Banned

Re: Greater Accrington Heroes.

Just finished ruutin thro my Greater Accrington Heroes for them as won a medal, sumat our Rusty, the eldest doughter wanted tu know.

234 won a medal, of them 40 got the D.C.M. 17 of them got the M.M. as well, and 1 man got the D.C.M. the M.M. and a bar to his M.M. Most of em didn't like talking about what they did.
One of them, his mates were being hampered wi jerry snipers, so he crept out wi a few grenades, and his trusty rifle, killed all three.

Now them are lads you don't argue with.
Morecambe Ex Pat likes this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2016, 07:31   #77
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I doubt that very much, but you obviously know best.
It states that it will not be published, in previous posts, nothing to do with me knowing best.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:12   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
We are well aware how it works and Walter and his personal archive has proved time and time again to be a valuable resource for anyone doing research. Sadly this resource will cease to be available when Walter is unable to respond to enquiries.
Make all the excuses yeh want, Its available now if yeh ask walter and will no doubt be available when he aint, sod all to do wi publishing anything.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:28   #79
Full Member+

What is this about excuses?
Walter has stated quite clearly that his work will not be made public so when he is no longer able to provide answers, the source will no longer be accessible.

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Old 10-11-2016, 08:55   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
What is this about excuses?
Walter has stated quite clearly that his work will not be made public so when he is no longer able to provide answers, the source will no longer be accessible.
You know well walter helps and makes available any info about a relative if asked. so hows that not accessible. or are individuals not public to you?
Old 10-11-2016, 09:24   #81
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
so when he is no longer able to provide answers, the source will no longer be accessible.
I believe he mentioned that his family would be the holders & maintainers of this knowledge for future generations.
cashman and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:03   #82
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I believe he mentioned that his family would be the holders & maintainers of this knowledge for future generations.
Our Ali has said she will take over when I've taken over Satans job, in fact I have a big R-O-Hnr to the Pals, I designed it for Bill Turners 90th exhibition in 2006, I was gonna burn it, but Ali says she wants to put it up in her lobby when she's finished decorating, as for my books, they will go to Luke my grandson when he's old enough to appreciate them, Ali will be the guardian. If I thowt there was any danger of them going into the library for the gob ****es to abuse, I'd take em out back an burn em, an all the cries and woes, or other moans doesnt mean a thing to me, When I was a pattern maker by the end of my apprentice ship I had just about got used to seeing things I worked on so painstakingly, destroyed by cack handed indifferent moulders, I gioer bothering, whats finished is done, went tut gaffer fort next job.
I did all this for my entertainment as a HOBBY, how many times do I have to say it, hobby, I'm inquisitive and I wanted to know, not because you wanted to know, I have to solve puzzles and find answers. End off.

Last edited by Retlaw; 10-11-2016 at 11:08.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:55   #83

Can I just add, Walter no-one has any desire on you popping your clogs or meeting any makers, long may you enjoy your hobby.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:29   #84
Beacon of light

Walter....when I get where you are going, can I please be your apprentice?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 14:48   #85
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Walter....when I get where you are going, can I please be your apprentice?
Aye Margaret, I'm gonna have a special room set up for my best friends, I'tl be waist deep in diarohea, you will see them stood in it, when l allow them a drink of tea, when the've drunk it, you can be the one to shout all right you lot now back on yer heads.

Old 10-11-2016, 17:14   #86
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Aye Margaret, I'm gonna have a special room set up for my best friends, I'tl be waist deep in diarohea, you will see them stood in it, when l allow them a drink of tea, when the've drunk it, you can be the one to shout all right you lot now back on yer heads.

I assume your other friends will be downstairs clearing the drains.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..