Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2004, 14:19   #31

Re: grooming

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
The smoke is clearing..................

The term grooming is stupid it does not convey the real meaning.....

If someone is chatting up your women make it CLEAR that it is not welcome... Then if he/she persist's Kick there head in simple.........There is a line not to cross and if you cross it you may get hurt..Old fashioned maybe...But true.

Nasty buisness ...
I agree with ya there simon!!! sometimes its the only way.
I know of people who have been threatened with death for seeing another mans wife!!! And the bloke doing the threatening was a copper!!

People work for money!
If you want loyalty, get a dog!!!
WINGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2004, 14:24   #32
Member.

.................................................. .................................................. ..........

Last edited by Doug; 30-07-2004 at 22:39.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 14:29   #33
God Member

Come on.. You can see my point surely ?
Old 25-07-2004, 14:31   #34

So what was said in the chatroom then????? and by who????

People work for money!
Old 25-07-2004, 14:35   #35
Senior Member+

good point Wingy....... If its out in open lets know it all
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 14:35   #36
Member.

.................................................. .................................................. .........

Old 25-07-2004, 14:39   #37
Member.

.................................................. .................................................. ........

Old 25-07-2004, 14:41   #38
Len
God Member

I think grooming was the correct word, (I’m no expert of coarse) because I ‘m sure that anyone who has lost there partner to some one else will probably know that it went on for weeks/months even years so you cant really say that they where chatted up. They must have been seeing, wooing, having an affair etc in that period. None of which would have made a good title for a thread.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 14:46   #39

I'm with you on that Len.
I ain't heard it called Grooming before but i think its a good word IMHO

People work for money!
Old 25-07-2004, 15:01   #40
Len
God Member

It was the nastiest, most fitting word I could think of because when something like this happens to a person you feel like being nasty. (Short term hopefully) lol
I hadn’t realized that no one had ever heard of it.

And no one yet has come up with any answers .
Old 25-07-2004, 15:04   #41
Member.

.................................................. .................................................. .........

Last edited by Doug; 30-07-2004 at 22:40.
Old 25-07-2004, 15:19   #42
Caz
God Member

Quote:
Why is it that some women fall so easily to grooming
Whichever word you use, the original post seemed to infer that you think the person involved is either gullible, hasn't got a mind of their own or can easily be led - does it not?

Using the word "grooming" makes it sound even worse!

As adults we are all responsible for our own actions I thought.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 17:20   #43
Len
God Member

Good point.
But I did say some women, not all. I was only really thinking of one. I suppose one does tend to think the worst of the whole situation. I would not be surprised if she had not even been groomed at all maybe she just got sick of the sight of me and decided to legged it. lol
Old 25-07-2004, 17:34   #44
Resident Waffler

I thought grooming only referred to an adult who chatted up a young person on the internet in a way which miseld them into thinking they were talking with another young person until they totally trusted them enough to agree to meet them in real life. Children can be more easily misled than an adult and more trusting.

When it comes to flirting between two adults it depends where the line is drawn. If someone worked for a long time at leading someone away from their spouse it goes deeper than just flirting. It almost sounds as if the woman had no control over what happened.

Sadly relationships don't always last and people do move on. When you are the one left behind it must hurt.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2004, 17:51   #45
God Member

Quote:
I thought grooming only referred to an adult who chatted up a young person on the internet in a way which miseld them into thinking they were talking with another young person until they totally trusted them enough to agree to meet them in real life
Thats it... thats where I have seen the term grooming... thats why it sounds so offensve..good find willow

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..