Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2006, 19:51   #1
Resting in peace

Guantanamo Bay America's Shame.

British nationals among many others are incarcerated in an, out of sight
out of mind prison, tucked away in an off-shore base in Cuba, no trial is
offered to the unfortunate "prisoners", for five years our people along with
many others are suffering god knows what sort of conditions, torture ,
deprivied of sleep and lord knows what else.
How long are they to suffer in silence?
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2006, 19:59   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Guantanamo Bay America's Shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W.

and there they should rot the murdering bastards

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 20:14   #3
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER
and there they should rot the murdering bastards
So is that your vision of Amercan democracy,
inocent until proven guilty, no Sir,There but for the grace of god go you.
If this is the face of democracy that America seeks to portray to the rest
of the world, god save us all.
Old 18-09-2006, 20:21   #4
Senior Member+

couldnt give two hoots about america or democracy....

all i care about is those who are in there are there because They have been accused of terrorist-related activity. innocent or guilty i do not care, if it means that they are refrained from doing it again, i say keep em there

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 20:30   #5
God Member

Quote:
So is that your vision of Amercan democracy,
inocent until proven guilty, no Sir,There but for the grace of god go you.
If this is the face of democracy that America seeks to portray to the rest
of the world, god save us all.
If I were American i'd say that as it is in Cuba and not American soil, the American Constitution dosn't apply and therefore they have no rights.

Though I am not saying I think its right
Old 18-09-2006, 20:34   #6
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Ianto I'd be quite happy if someone had you tucked away in an off-shore base in Cuba then at least we wouldn't have to put up with your boring attempt at yet more provocation.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 20:42   #7
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Ianto I'd be quite happy if someone had you tucked away in an off-shore base in Cuba then at least we wouldn't have to put up with your boring attempt at yet more provocation.
Good god just
what have I to do, If you find the threads boring, don't read em, get back
to Emmerdale, or better still watch news at ten it's it's on there.
Old 18-09-2006, 21:24   #8
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Good god just
what have I to do, If you find the threads boring, don't read em,
You may be pleased to know Ianto that I do not find the thread boring - in fact, I find it very refreshing to read that many members feel the same as myself in that the Western forces had good cause to detain every person that is (or was) in Guatanamo Bay.

Regarding the "British Citizens," cast your mind back to the days after the Iraqi conflict when these people claimed their innocence. "Visiting my elderly mother" they and their relatives cried, or "just on holiday." The truth is, these people were not selected at random, they were caught fighting against western forces, trying to kill OUR soldiers! others were in "training camps learning how to kill.

America and Britain are still far too soft. If the situation was reversed, the prisoners would have been tortured and killed in the most inhumane way possible. Papers wouldn't dare report the facts, and the average middle eastern citizen would be blissfully unaware of the outcome (unless their execution was on national television.)

- - - and of course, if you criticised the government on the internet like you have slagged off the Americans, you would be in fear of your life and waiting for the troops to storm into your house and arrest YOU!!!
Old 18-09-2006, 21:57   #9
Resting in peace

Busman I always respect your opinion, this subgect need's discussion, it is
not my personal view, I have no opinions yet either way, I posted it to see what response it would gather, No posts no discussion!
Old 18-09-2006, 23:03   #10
God Member

EASY ANSWER IF YOU CANT DO THE TIME THEN DONT DO THE CRIME!!!

Its always the guilty that as a rule make the most noise about being innocent. Not sure if all there are guilty or wether it is supposed to be a terrorists deterrent but either way its there and there is SFA we can do about it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 23:23   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it might not be the ideal solution ianto but it beats the crap out of more of our troops/ citizens massacred. thats my 2 pennorth.
Old 18-09-2006, 23:56   #12
I am Banned

if you act like a piece of crap then be preppared to be treated like a piece of crap

these scumbags dont hold any value to our lives so why should we value their humanity because clearly they dont have any

even if the person arrested was only an associate of a terrorist or played teh smallest of parts in any ploy then they are just as guilty in my eyes

people would soon be up in arms if they let one go and he went on to behead a school full of children

you loonie dogooders with your high morals do my flippin head in lol , your tune would soon change if one of your loved ones was beheaded , blown to bits or had an airoplane dumped on their house

these people are not been held simply because they look lie terrorists they are been held because they are associating themselves with terrorists and acting like terrorists

yes some of them may be british but we have had people from blackburn joining alquiad forces so yes there are briish citizens willing to kill us and to be quite honest they should be executed for treason nevermind held in a prison

good on america i may not like bush but at least he has teh balls to protect his country
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 01:32   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
As normal you you are giving out misimformation, is it a windup or are you seriously so misimformed that you start beliving the crap you spew forth. Please start a thread with imformation that you actualy know is true and not half baked lies that you get from reading your morning sun or star newspaper. You are becoming the most tedious person on this website, as your profile says your new to commuting, Iwish the salesman had been new to selling when he convinced you to buy one.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 01:49   #14
Yank in King Art's Court!

Quote:
it is not my personal view, I have no opinions yet either way, I posted it to see what response it would gather, No posts no discussion!
Your thread title is very direct and straightforward. You are the Judge and jury and this is YOUR statement. To make an attempt to claim virtual innocensce at this being your opinion is quite Idiotic. Heck you could have changed it all by ending it with a ? rather then with a period.

I'm so glad to read all the strong, direct responses. I thought I was again gonna have to respond in the like on my own. It makes it tough 'cause then it seems that "all LYY does is wrap Old Glory around himself and climb on his soap box." That would be an uncomfortable and incorrect assumption. I have no problem stating my views but tend to have various thoughts on various topics!

I'm sorry, babbling again! Must be the merlot chinchincheroo!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2006, 07:52   #15
Super Moderator

Although I agree with the majority view expressed on here, once again we've ended up with a string of threads, all agreeing with each other. I thought that perhaps Ianto might give us an argument but, as with his Stanley thread, he's bottled out once the going gets tough.

So why don't some of the other members who are against Guantanamo Bay come on here and express their views? I would've thought that Graham and Gayle might have some strong opinions on the subject. And what about Greg Pope? The man who said "I have been a strong critic of the camp. I think it is a disgrace. As part of the war on terror you cannot hold people without trial. It should be closed at once." I'm sure we'd be interested in his response to our views.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..