Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2006, 18:30   #1
Senior Member+

The Police being caught in a catch 22 situation...

Just watching the news about the gloucester police force which has been sued by a white guy for rejecting him on the basis he was white...

the police however say they're not to blame as the strict quota's set by the home office for ethnic minority and female police cant be met if they dont do so.

the met say they have to be 25% non white male by 2010 and if they didnt positivly discriminate that quota wud never be met until 2030

so whaddya think of the whole situation?
Old 22-09-2006, 18:35   #2
I am Banned

Re: The Police being caught in a catch 22 situation...

teh best person for teh job shoudl get the job regardless of colour , race or religeon but that would be teh sensible thing to do so until its sorted we will have to make do with how good a copper looks to the PC brigade ( excuse the pun) rather than how good a person is as a copper
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 18:40   #3
Senior Member+

he was saying how the law was changed for northern ireland when their police force needed more catholics and accordingly the law was amended and it shud b here till the quota's are met and then changed back
Old 22-09-2006, 19:09   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I agree with Jason. Best person for job irrespective of sex, colour or religion
Old 22-09-2006, 20:02   #5

Ditto Neil.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 21:06   #6
God Member

but there have been quota's before..from the 1950's to the 70's all white males!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 21:11   #7
Resident Waffler

I'd hate to think I got a job because I'm female and filling a quota rather than because I was the best applicant. I think quotas are counterproductive and lead to resentment.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 22:31   #8
God Member

Yes best person for the job should get it as its been stated here. This is a good example of how the politically correct ideas are interfering with important matters. If they are to follow this rule of 3-1 then the police force is going to get smaller as to meet it means a recruiting shortfall.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 03:10   #9
God Member

Would have thought that if the local police force is supposed to reflect the local community the Gloucester Police would be made up of the sons and daughters of white pig farmers, was allways under the impression Gloucestershire was a rural/agricultural county
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 03:31   #10
Senior Member+

i think every force has a certain level they need to reach - and the amounts vary depending on counties - eg the met has the highest quota i think

ok sayin best man for the job - y was it so ness for the ulster force to have a law changed for its recruitment policy?
Old 23-09-2006, 11:05   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
i think every force has a certain level they need to reach - and the amounts vary depending on counties - eg the met has the highest quota i think

ok sayin best man for the job - y was it so ness for the ulster force to have a law changed for its recruitment policy?
Basically because old RUC and its sucessor were always prodestant as they did not trust catholics. In their eyes all catholics wanted to kill prodestants and supported the IRA and therefore could not trusted.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 11:11   #12
I am Band

Bollox to race, creed, colour & government quotas!
The only criteria used when selecting new recruits should be, "Are they the best candidates & are they trustworthy?"

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2006, 23:06   #13

Look you can't be racist or sexist therefore you must discriminate agaisnt white males. Stupid fools.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2006, 10:29   #14

Quote:
Bollox to race, creed, colour & government quotas!
The only criteria used when selecting new recruits should be, "Are they the best candidates & are they trustworthy?"
Agree completely. Best candidates should get the job.
kash is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..