Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2006, 23:30   #16
Senior Member+

Re: hahahaha

I only get cold callers if some dipstick leaves the main door open but I am being plagued by some strange woman who seems to have written me off!

On answering the phone I get this soft, sticky sweet voice asking me if I´ve arranged my funeral! If she came out with ´hello mate, how are the funeral arrangements going?´ it wouldn´t be so bad but she makes me feel like the whole family is already grieving.

It makes me chuckle and I can easily get rid of her but imagine some elderly lady receiving a call like that.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2006, 03:25   #17
Yank in King Art's Court!

For phone calls, I just let the answering machine screen the calls (mostly for my kids anyhow).

I haven't seen a salesperson in ages. A German Shepard dog or two works wonders on em. They also work well on Jehovah witnesses!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 15:37   #18
Resting in peace

Quote:
lancsyorksyankee I haven't seen a salesperson in ages. A German Shepard dog or two works wonders on em. They also work well on Jehovah witnesses!
What's the difference between a Lada car and a Jehovas Witness? You can shut the door on a Jehovas Witness.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 18:13   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
What's the difference between a Lada car and a Jehovas Witness? You can shut the door on a Jehovas Witness.

And I thought my jokes were bad.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2006, 19:24   #20
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
And I thought my jokes were bad.
Not half as bad as that car was!
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2006, 16:28   #21
I am Banned

This wasn't talk talk was it MK??

Just had a scottish sales woman at the door another one who cant read & doesn't understand what sales is it goes

We're upgrading your phone lines in 2 weeks

Me: oh so u are BT are u?

Well yes we are providing a free service for BT?

Me: so u dont actually work for bt then ?

errr no our service is talk talk, have u seen our ads about this?

Me: no cant say i take much notice, ahhhh so u are from talk talk wanting me to convert my service to bt & its not free u just trying to undercut bt, so basically selling me something then? pointing to the sign on the door!

err no its a free service can i take your details ?

Me no why do u want my details if its free?

to set up your account & so u save a big amount on your rental?

Me: well not free then is it & im not interested sod off!

Door shut!

Normally its door shut 1st thing but hey i wanted her sales patter for my own amusement & it amused me a hell of a lot than her - dont u love script readers!! hehehehehe
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2006, 16:31   #22
Senior Member+

yeah mel was talktalk-sounds like your conversation started extremely similar to mine!

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2006, 21:56   #23
Senior Member+

i hate them,i went out to the car about 2 months ago now,and one of my neighbours shouted out how much are you paying for your pay per view tv pw i said i aint got a pay per view tv she said pointing at the sales man he said you do,he walked away very red faced when i shouted that i dont get nout on credit and why are you using me as a sales pitch,i didnt get no answer but he didnt get no custom oh well his loss,AND AS FOR SALES MEN/WOMEN IVE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY IF I WANT IT I WILL GET IT MYSELF,AND WHY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD NO (DUH)
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2006, 22:21   #24
Resident Waffler

OOOh I hate it when they say your neighbours have got this that or the other. You just know they're tellng porkies.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..