Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-06-2005, 09:59   #1
God Member

HBC - self criticism???? Whatever next?

Here's a bit of a puzzler. In this weeks Observer (page 5) the Idiot-in-Chief is reported as complaining at some length on the evil doings of Traffic Wardens. Which is fair enough. Most of us agree that most of them are of dubious parentage. He goes on to complain that they are a significant obstacle to the promotion of Accrington Town Centre as Shopper Friendly. And really I suppose you cannot disagree with him on that point.

It occurred to me to wonder then, exactly which organisation or authority decided that the streets of our fair borough should be patrolled by these swine in peaked caps? Which authority was it which introduced and operates the Green Disk Parking Scheme of which the burbling fool is equally scathing in his opinion? Which Authority is it exactly who plans, passes and implements parking restrictions and Yellow Lines?

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 26-06-2005 at 10:00.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-06-2005, 10:21   #2
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: HBC - self criticism???? Whatever next?

Is that a trick question A-B????? Or is the answer HBC????

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2005, 10:33   #3
God Member

That depends on who you are.
Old 26-06-2005, 10:43   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I think Traffic Wardens are wonderful, the absolute salt of the earth, if they took part in that test of yours their score would prove them to be so superior to the rest of us that they would be re-classified as a new and greater species!

How can any-one blame them for the decline and fall of Accy as a shopping centre?

People would still come here to shop if we had a shopping centre worth visiting even if the traffic wardens out-numbered the shoppers, people don't come to Accrington to shop any more because it has had it's heart ripped out by our snivveling weasly, bitchy, sly, drivelling, wussy, mean winge-ing Buerocrats!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2005, 10:52   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its obviously designed to shift the blame from H.B.C. to the traffic wardens,which even they know most people despise, its also saying to me that the resident thickos won't relate it to us,in other words they think we are cretins.lol
Old 26-06-2005, 15:54   #6
I am Banned

gonna upset some people here i think lol

traffic wardens are a good idea and if anyone is parked illigaly they should get a ticket slammed on their windscreen as there are plenty of places to legaly park in accy

i would say the mojority of people who get tickets are the ones to who the idea of walking more than 2 mins to get to town center after parking legaly brings them out in a sweat so they take their chances and park illigaly then cry when they get a ticket

however

the current traffic wardens need a crash course in common sense and could learn to use a bit of discretion after some of the stories i have read on here and i the paper

if you park on double yellows or park in a no parking zone or park illigaly at all then expect a ticket

its not that we dont need traffic wardens we just need better ones

Last edited by chav1; 26-06-2005 at 15:57.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2005, 16:01   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

them comments don't upset me chav1
Old 27-06-2005, 09:24   #8
Senior Member+

I thought highways was governed by the County Council rather than at Borough level.

I have just had a quick look, and the Borough Council are responsible for car parks and parking enforcement.

However, it also says on the Council website that "On 1 April 2005 the County Council became responsible for delivering Kent's highways service creating three divisional offices and maintaining a central call centre for all enquiries."

Does this mean that when you do call them your enquiry will be routed to India, where everyone drives wherever they like?

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 11:40   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

if thats the case vorlon, its more than a good bet !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..