Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2005, 21:24   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Unhappy Here We Go Again!!

RED MEAT CANCER WARNING!!

it is now saying that,people who eat a diet high in red and processed meat increase their risk of bowel cancer by much of a third! past studies have highlighted a possible link between eating large amounts of red meat and a greater risk of bowel cancer. WHATEVER NEXT??
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mad_cow.jpg (28.9 KB, 60 views)
Old 15-06-2005, 22:24   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Here We Go Again!!

not surprising really,over the years we have been informed by( experts) that eggs,bacon,the list is endless,and if we heeded all these warnings,mr.geldof and his cronies would be doing concerts for us not g8,i just ignore this drivel and use commonsense,anything in excess is likely to be harmful,moderation gives you better odds.
Old 15-06-2005, 22:48   #3
God Member

how about breathing pure oxygen may damage your lungs???? Liked the thumbnail panther

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2005, 23:02   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther
RED MEAT CANCER WARNING!!

it is now saying that,people who eat a diet high in red and processed meat increase their risk of bowel cancer by much of a third! past studies have highlighted a possible link between eating large amounts of red meat and a greater risk of bowel cancer. WHATEVER NEXT??
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't Panic!
It's just a typo it should read as much as a Turd!

In other words so long as you don't give a s*it red meat is perfectly all right!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2005, 23:59   #5
I am Banned

OMG OMG OMG red meat gives you bowel cancer

bollox most bowel cancer is hereditry

bad diet can give you pollips which can turn cancerous but your genetic build decides that not red meat
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 00:14   #6
land of hope and glory

Give Me A Bit Of Rump Anytime :d
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 03:14   #7
I am Banned

carefull what you ask for garinda may well provide you with some lol
Old 16-06-2005, 11:50   #8

If we stopped eating everything they say is bad for you we would starve. They say eat veg but how can that be good for you now with all the chemicals used when growing it. I know people will say 'eat organic' but the price of it means many of us can't afford it. Eat what you like, enjoy it & to hell with it, when it's your turn you will die regardless of what you eat.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 13:38   #9
Senior Member+

Reminds of the old saying - if you give up drink, smoking and sex you won't live longer, it just feels like it!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 14:16   #10
I am Banned

if anything could cause cancer in food i would put my money on it been the chemicals they put in food rather than the meat its self
Old 16-06-2005, 19:02   #11
Beacon of light

We've all got to go sometime.......we might as well go having enjoyed life.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 20:07   #12
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Here We Go Again!!

If you listen to scientists you will probably die of paranoia.

Another two years and I’ll have done my three score years and ten so phreee to the boffins. I’ll eat what I fancy when I fancy it. In moderation of course.

I’ve tried a balanced diet but I could never get the cream cake to balance the plate of fish and chips.
Old 16-06-2005, 21:22   #13

Well I personally will eat what I want, when I want and I will bloody well enjoy it
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 09:29   #14
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Being a true carnivore this news isn't really news. This has been known for years. I remember when I was doing my nurse training in the late 80's being told that red meat and processed food played a big part in the development of bowel cancers. When they compared bowel cancer rates from western countries UK and USA in particular with bowel cancer rates in some Far Eastern countries, they found that the western diet was a massive contributary factor. At the time of the study the staple diets of the Far Eastern countries studied were rice and fish. Their bowel cancer rates were extremely low.

This is not a new cancer scare, it's an old one recycled....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 11:34   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie

This is not a new cancer scare, it's an old one recycled....
does the cancerous colon go in the blue box or the white bag....?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..