Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2005, 15:49   #1
Senior Member+

Blue Box Bungee!

My blue box for recycling tins was today returned to me with an attractive bungee cord around it! An orange slip of paper informs me that this is method being "trialled" around Hyndburn.The idea is that you stick the tops of your white and blue sacks inside the bungee and the stuff doesn't escape and blow all over the place;also when your box is emptied the recycling chaps tuck the sacks back in the bungee again so they don't blow away.
It sounds an excellent plan in theory BUT how much has this revolutionary bit of thinking cost?? Someone has spent an awful long time up and down Accy today strapping bungees round boxes,the bungees don't look cheap and isn't this yet another case of shutting the door after the horse has disappeared into the distance????
Old 16-06-2005, 15:52   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Blue Box Bungee!

well at least its an idea lindsey,its not often you can accuse HBC of having one lol
Old 16-06-2005, 15:58   #3
Senior Member+

Oh it's an idea alright Cashman,but so was giving everyone lids to the boxes in the first place! You could have tucked the ends of the sacks in there and kept the stuff in the box dry.....maybe that's a bit too simple for HBC
Old 16-06-2005, 16:00   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

but lids would have been a GOOD IDEA, thats a bit rich.
Old 16-06-2005, 18:54   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I refused to use my blue box. I told them that I was not putting tins in the box where my little one could take them out and cut his fingers off on the sharp edges. Thay mentioned the lid, the lid that falls off by itself I replied. Instead I now have 2 small wheelie bins. One for plastic bottles and one for tins. The boys cant get at them because they are too tall so are safe. I also told HBC that I would not wash out the tins unless they took responsibility if I cut myself while washing them. I was told they could not, so I don't wash them.
Old 16-06-2005, 21:27   #6

Well my blue box makes a great toy box.............
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 21:41   #7
Senior Member+

They will only be great until they get pinched.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 21:47   #8

Won't be a great loss........ lol
Old 16-06-2005, 22:04   #9
Senior Member+

All the Window cleaners in Accy will have nice new bungee's holding there ladders down by now
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 22:28   #10

What the hell will they think of next?
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 22:37   #11
God Member

I'm all for recycling as the waste we produce is getting a bit out of control but I am getting mighty fed up of all these bins, sacks and now flippin bungee thingies, aaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh when will it all end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 00:04   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

how about recycling HBC,we might just get some sensible ones then
Old 17-06-2005, 10:01   #13

The best idea I've heard yet
Old 17-06-2005, 12:42   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

We should have just 2 bins. 1 for recyclable and 1 for non-recyclable. They should seperate the recyclable items elsewhere not on the street like they do now.
Old 17-06-2005, 13:16   #15
Resident Waffler

I prefer the idea of as bungee to all the plastic bottles which end up wandering down Willows Lane. Our recycling day isn't until next week so I hope I get one then. What happens when they break? Will we get new ones? I have a lid for my box but HBC told me t ut it out with the lid on because the lids get stolen. I have it in the yard with the lid on and held down by something placed on top because th lid doesn't fit properly. It works though, in its own little way (a bit like HyndborgBC?)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..