Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should the UK give up its EU rebate?
Yeah, why not - we've already given up everything else. 1 4.35%
Don't give it up - spend the money on Africa. Thats just as rotten & corrupt. 0 0%
We'll have no choice. Blair will be forced to give it up. 1 4.35%
We'll efectively give it up by increasing our gross contribution 2 8.70%
We should'nt pay a penny more into the EU until the whole lot is reformed. 6 26.09%
It's to late to reform. Lets get the hell out now, while there is still time. 13 56.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2005, 16:42   #1
God Member

Should the EU rebate be ended?

It looks as though those garlic-munching slimeballs from across the channel are up to their old tricks again. This time, Chirac, having received the V sign on the constitution from his own people, now wants to end the UK "rebate".

I think Blair needs to remind those surrender monkeys exactly who pays for what in Europe. Its certainly not them - they, the Spaniards, the Micks and the kebab-eaters soak up two-thirds of all the spending in the "Common Market", and next to the Germans, it is us who pick up the bill. Without the rebate, we would be paying far more than the Germans. So do we give up the rebate? After all, we've already given away our borders, our legal system, our fish, our sovereignty and 'owt else thats not been nailed down.

However, I know there is at least one pro-euro do-gooder on these boards who would be quite happy to do so; let us have a poll, therefore.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 10-06-2005 at 17:13.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2005, 16:56   #2
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: Should the EU rebate be ended?

TO RIGHT, Mr T!

I've nothing more to add.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 17:09   #3
Roy
Administrator

Re: Should the EU rebate be ended?

Quote:
Without the rebate, the UK would pay the EU more than £5bn a year. Even with the rebate, the UK is the second-largest contributor to the EU.
5 billion a year into the EU without the rebate!! I am certain the advantages do not give value for money.... Of course we'll have to back down and give it up eventually, because the we always do back down and give in to the eu...
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 17:24   #4
I am Banned

giving in is the only way..

it is the british thing to do after all

funny how a country that lost 2 world wars and a country that surreneders at the first sighn of trouble can have so much influence in europe

Last edited by chav1; 10-06-2005 at 17:25.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 17:33   #5
God Member

Can I just say that I'm glad it's not just me who thinks that the French are a bunch of arrogant, whining weasles who think that the European Union exists to make life more profitable for them and for them alone. It is time that we told the Eurocrats where to stick their grandiose ideas of a supranational state.

The French have always been fair-weather friends at best. I haven't forgotten that it was another French President, De Gaulle, who did his damndest to keep us out of Europe until the end of the sixties. Funny how they were all over us just twenty five years before that when their current best buddies the Germans were occupying La belle France, and De Gaulle himself found sanctuary and support in the UK.

It's a bit rich of Chirac now to be asking for "a gesture of solidarity" for which you may read "we're in the merde and we want another handout"

I think we should take this golden opportunity to get out now! Let them keep their failing economies and rising unemployment. Britain is better off ploughing its own furrow.
Old 10-06-2005, 19:00   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I think that we should get the hell out before we are dragged down any further. We should re-claim our pounds and ounces, our laws and our fishing waters and.........

obtenez-perdu vous des whingers de manger d'ail au Français.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 19:11   #7
Senior Member+

Have to agree with Mr T too.I have been holidaying in Spain for over 15 years and since they got shut of the peseta and converted to the Euro everything is much more expensive.All the shop keepers and bar owners took the opportunity to "round everything up" to make it easier and have continued to do so ever since.I have no doubt that the same would happen here and the common folk would end up the worse off.

Last edited by lindsay ormerod; 10-06-2005 at 19:13. Reason: Lost grasp of English whilst away!
lindsay ormerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 19:38   #8
I am Banned

wasnt it the UK indipendance party that said they would pull out of europe if elected

i say get them in for one term it would be worth it just to say kiss my ass to the EU lol
Old 11-06-2005, 00:46   #9
land of hope and glory

GREAT BRITAIN THE LITTLE (BIG) proud country now holds its hands above its head and shakes its ass faster than an italian!!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 00:48   #10
I am Banned

isint it funny how the french can be called nasty names etc but as soon as you use the word asian your a racist

i guess the french are hated universaly by all including the loony do gooders lol
Old 11-06-2005, 01:12   #11
land of hope and glory

is that because we only have a majority of asians living in britain the frogs are 22 miles across the water but what would you rather see LOOK.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 04:27   #12
God Member

There is a handy little graphic in this mornings Times to explain who pays what into the EU budget and who gets the lions share of it...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...649491,00.html
Old 11-06-2005, 08:45   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
Have to agree with Mr T too.I have been holidaying in Spain for over 15 years and since they got shut of the peseta and converted to the Euro everything is much more expensive.All the shop keepers and bar owners took the opportunity to "round everything up" to make it easier and have continued to do so ever since.I have no doubt that the same would happen here and the common folk would end up the worse off.
not quite correct lindsey, the suppliers put the prices up,then the shopkeepers and bar owners adjusted accordingly,as your shop would have to in similar circumstances. as a bar owner during the change over that is fact.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:29   #14
God Member

Manger d'oignon français râleur, le béret porte des bâtards. Renoncer le remboursement, laissez-nous obtient juste l'enfer de là-bas, avant que nous obtenons traîné en bas même plus!

Anybody translate that for me
Old 11-06-2005, 12:43   #15
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Manger d'oignon français râleur, le béret porte des bâtards. Renoncer le remboursement, laissez-nous obtient juste l'enfer de là-bas, avant que nous obtenons traîné en bas même plus!

Anybody translate that for me
I can Tinks -

"Even though I am very small I am very loud and will kick you in the nads if you will stand next to a chair for me."

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..