Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2010, 10:27   #1
Resting in Peace

Heroes receive awards

BBC News - UK armed forces in Afghanistan honoured for bravery

Members of the armed forces who have been injured on duty received awards, in a low key ceremony yesterday. I heard about this on BBC Breakfast this morning, my first question was why low key, we should be shouting their heroics from he rooftops
Old 24-09-2010, 10:37   #2

Re: Heroes receive awards

The race to become the new leader of the Labour Party has had more publication than this. It is about time the "leaders" got their priorities right. It is disgusting. Our Armed Forces do a better and more dangerous job than the Government.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2010, 11:22   #3
Senior Member+

Surely the Military Cross and the Distinguished Flying Cross justifies, that at the lowest level, the Prince of Wales should have been making the awards????????????
Old 24-09-2010, 12:14   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Surely the Military Cross and the Distinguished Flying Cross justifies, that at the lowest level, the Prince of Wales should have been making the awards????????????
ya aint read it barrie. to be presented at a later date by senior Royals it says, so much as i love knocking em i can't. n nor can you when ya learn to read.
Old 24-09-2010, 13:31   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ya aint read it barrie. to be presented at a later date by senior Royals it says, so much as i love knocking em i can't. n nor can you when ya learn to read.
You are right Cashy - I didn't read the article, just what I picked up on the TV News and I didn't hear any mention of the Royals.
Old 24-09-2010, 17:48   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
You are right Cashy - I didn't read the article, just what I picked up on the TV News and I didn't hear any mention of the Royals.
Nor did I Barrie, but that's the BBC for you only giving half a story, no mention of Royals but did say it was a low key ceremony
Old 27-09-2010, 06:12   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Still it typifies the Lads & Lasses we have serving, they get on with a hard & difficult job to the best of their abilities without any hooha or fanfare. Modestly "Just doing their job", unlike some who could be mentioned, who think the world needs to know about everything they do, contemptible.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..