Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 14:19   #1
Resting in peace

Cool Holiday Nightmares 2007

Where have we not to go this year, nothing stays the same except Benidorm half of of Accringtons 'Twirlies' go nowhere else, a real boring crew. Anyone had a bad experience let's be knowing.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-08-2007, 15:17   #2
God Member

Re: Holiday Nightmares 2007

It all boils down to - 'you get what you pay for'
If you have a 7 day holiday abroad which costs the same as 7 day trips to Blackpool then you can't expect it to be wonderful.
The quality of the hotel makes or breaks the holiday experience for me, regardless of the weather. So since there are good and bad hotels in every resort, I recommend that you take fewer trips abroad but spend more on a better hotel when you do.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 15:18   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

not so much a bad experiance but have been to Benidorm once, when kids were in teens, and vowed never to return.
Old 05-08-2007, 16:12   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
If you have a 7 day holiday abroad which costs the same as 7 day trips to Blackpool then you can't expect it to be wonderful.

If I had 7 day trips to Blackpool I would be suicidal more than concerned about value for money
Old 05-08-2007, 17:49   #5
God Member

The term "You get what you pay for" isn't always true, last year we paid over 2 grand for a fortnight at Haven in Perranporth for a "Gold standard chalet", it was awful, needless to say we came home a few days early. Couldn't fault Cornwall itself that was the saving grace.
Old 05-08-2007, 18:48   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
The term "You get what you pay for" isn't always true, last year we paid over 2 grand for a fortnight at Haven in Perranporth for a "Gold standard chalet", it was awful, needless to say we came home a few days early. Couldn't fault Cornwall itself that was the saving grace.
My last trip abroad cost me a grand for one week (just me)- Christmas in Madiera 5 star- best holiday I ever had

Old 05-08-2007, 19:56   #7

I always book our trips online. I like to see photos of the facilities in question and read travelers' reviews. Both are very helpful. But it's the getting there that drives me crazy. Flying isn't fun any more. Too many hoops to jump through, not to mention delays.

Just returned from Rhode Island and Massachusetts, which we visit periodically. Flight delays at both ends. I felt fatigued for a week after returning home. But I appear to be a glutton for punishment, since I have already booked our next trip - England in September. Going to attend our nephew's art exhibition in Liverpool. Will spend a short time in Manchester. Unlikely to be heading Accy way. Maybe next time.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 22:21   #8
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
not so much a bad experiance but have been to Benidorm once, when kids were in teens, and vowed never to return.
Do you know cashy I have only been to Benidorm once when Bernies kids were little, they didn't like it either. What prompted me to raise this thread, and by the way my apologies to all if as is usually the case 'it's been done before', was every day in the 'Brooks Club' I have to put up with listening to my so called mates who never go anywhere else. All of them go for a month in October and three months in January. The daily conversation is thus "I wish I was in the Cheap and Cheerfull, or BBs,I wonder what 'Tricky Vicky' is up to, what a boring shower. If that's Benidorm they can stew in it. Can anyone recomend a decent destination, where we will not 'bump' into anyone from accy. If I get the all clear at the end of August we are away, money no object within reason. Thank's Ian.
Old 05-08-2007, 22:38   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
,I wonder what 'Tricky Vicky' is up to.
Lol you mean Sticky Vicky.Very well known in Benidorm, along with her daughter,Sexy Barbara.Never seen them myself but they are famous for firing ping pong balls and pulling bizarre objects such as Christmas trees out of their private parts
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 22:41   #10
God Member

Quote:
Do you know cashy I have only been to Benidorm once when Bernies kids were little, they didn't like it either. What prompted me to raise this thread, and by the way my apologies to all if as is usually the case 'it's been done before', was every day in the 'Brooks Club' I have to put up with listening to my so called mates who never go anywhere else. All of them go for a month in October and three months in January. The daily conversation is thus "I wish I was in the Cheap and Cheerfull, or BBs,I wonder what 'Tricky Vicky' is up to, what a boring shower. If that's Benidorm they can stew in it. Can anyone recomend a decent destination, where we will not 'bump' into anyone from accy. If I get the all clear at the end of August we are away, money no object within reason. Thank's Ian.
One of the reasons I have always avoided the hotspots of Spain is because of the image that the Brit-Pack conjures up.
Old 05-08-2007, 22:42   #11
God Member

Quote:
The med resorts are having severe heatwaves this year so you dont want your holiday spoilt by it. I suggest the northern end of Lake Garda Italy.
Ive been 3 times and never saw a pair of union jack shorts or boozed up brits. There are no beaches as such but a weekly ticket for the boats will take you out on the lake every day/midday where it is cooler, and you can explore all the small villages on the lakeside. The scenery at the north end is often compared to nordic fiords. A calming and sedate holiday - come back feeling rested

Old 05-08-2007, 22:45   #12
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Lol you mean Sticky Vicky.Very well known in Benidorm, along with her daughter,Sexy Barbara.Never seen them myself but they are famous for firing ping pong balls and pulling bizarre objects such as Christmas trees out of their private parts
And the razor blades, lightbulbs. Now that is what put's me off me beer!
Old 05-08-2007, 22:47   #13
God Member

Quote:
And the razor blades, lightbulbs. Now that is what put's me off me beer!
How the hell do they get a Christmas tree up there in the first place???
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 22:51   #14
God Member

Quote:
Take it out of the box
Old 05-08-2007, 22:53   #15
Resting in peace

Quote:
I'll ask the first wife, she was kicked out of the 'Waffen SS and the Gestapo for cruelty.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..