Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 12:25   #16

Re: Holidays

I'm not going away either. I've gone off holidays, it must be my age lol. I'd rather stay at home = boring or what lol

Last edited by bonny_tuesday; 09-08-2008 at 12:26. Reason: fumble fingers
bonny_tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2008, 13:43   #17
Senior Member+

we're going to Harlech in Sept..then back to
Benidorm.. in Oct

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 14:44   #18
Resting in Peace

No prizes for guessing where I'm going.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 15:25   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
No prizes for guessing where I'm going.
Would that be Homesvill Beni
Old 09-08-2008, 15:39   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Would that be Homesvill Beni
Yes indeed - May even bring some cheap Rum back
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 15:43   #21
God Member

I'm just a day tripper

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 15:45   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Yes indeed - May even bring some cheap Rum back
Put me down for some of that Beni
Old 09-08-2008, 16:37   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
On Saturday we,re driving 1500 miles north to Whitehorse in the Yukon, we,re taking it easy and doing it in three days, then on Tuesday we,re going another 500 miles to Haines Alaska. The next five days will be spent fishing for halibut and chinook salmon and of course putting out a few crab traps, camping by the sea and dining royally, I hope. I hear the bears will be competing for the river fishing but as far as I,m concerned it,s no contest, if they want the fish I,ll go to the chippy, if there is one. Anyway I,ll try and post a few photos of our adventure.
Sounds like a great time .... and it's always no contest with those cute and cuddly bears around Seems like you guys are paying more for gas than we are; I got it for $1.14 a litre in Gananoque yesterday. But the price is up and down And there's nothing like fishing to relax you This year I decided to have a "staycation" ... I guess that's the new buzz word for having a holiday at home .... I'm trying to enjoy Kingston as a tourist rather than a resident, and it's not too bad .... went to the Military Communications Museum the other day (CFB Kinston is the home of the Canadian Signals Regiment) and it was great. And I will take my time and do other local things .... Fishing, of course, manily Bass and Lake Trout .... I'll take in a Blue Jays game or two .... hopefully the Yankees will be in town (have to check the schedule) ... lots of things to do right here around home (well, within a 300 km radius) .... but I envy you your trip to the north .... beautiful country up there .... enjoy, look forward to seeing the pics
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 21:15   #24

Went to Egypt in February, wouldn't go back in a hurry unless it was a freebie or very, very cheap. Then had a brilliant week in Hisaronu, Turkey beginning of July. That was the first holiday in 20 odd years that we had on our own without any kids. Have booked a fortnight in Goa for next Feb, with the kids. I know i'm been greedy but have got a week of in September and wish i was going away, but think that is wishful thinking.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 21:19   #25
God Member

I've been to Centerparcs in Cumbria.

It's the third time we've been and we always have a good time.
Old 09-08-2008, 21:22   #26
God Member

Was hoping to go to Ireland with my sis and her hubby as a treat for Mum but had to put it on hold. Hopefully get there later in the year
Old 09-08-2008, 21:27   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

did spain in march, going again october, then cruise in jan.
Old 26-08-2008, 04:25   #28

Well off we went and drove just over 700 miles north on the first day to Dawson Creek, the only four legged creature we saw was a lonely deer somewhere around Prince George. Dawson Creek is mile zero of the Alaska Highway, I have put a photo of me in my Stanley shirt at the marker on "photo albums" but don,t have a clue how to add it to this post. Help someone. I have more photos but can,t download them.
ossykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 19:41   #29

Sorry, still don,t know how to add photo,s. Off to Cuba in a couple of weeks, first time to that part of the world. They say it,s a very poor country and I see they,ve just had another dumb hurricane pass through there. Maybe I should pack my tent with me? Reports say to take things like pencils and books to give to the kids, sounds different. Any advice?
ossykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 21:01   #30
God Member

I'm going hunting .... Bambi beware
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..