Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2009, 15:40   #1
Junior Member+

Hollie Steel : will all this be good for her?

All of us from Accrington should be proud of those of our high achievers but, it has to be asked, will all this exposure be good for Hollie Steel?

As a doctor, I worry it may not.
JohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2009, 16:03   #2
God Member

Re: Hollie Steel : will all this be good for her?

what a very strange thread
Old 26-04-2009, 16:04   #3
Caz
God Member

Where's Lower Micklehurst?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 16:05   #4
Junior Member+

Why strange?

Would you put your 10 year old daughter through this?
Old 26-04-2009, 16:07   #5
God Member

you say your a doctor?

1...try the 'introduce yourself' section before posting strange threads
2...try writing something on your profile

that might stop us being warey of strange threads cropping up here there and everywhere
Old 26-04-2009, 16:07   #6
God Member

It's not "putting her through it" if she wants to do it
Old 26-04-2009, 16:09   #7
Junior Member+

Lower Micklehurst is close to Burnley

lower micklehurst + map - Google Maps
Old 26-04-2009, 16:10   #8
God Member

JohnD...you wouldnt happen to have an X in your surname would you?
Old 26-04-2009, 16:10   #9
Roy
Administrator

I can't really see how its a strange thread, its a link to a blog post which is an analysis of something that is going on currently with someone who is from accrington. Quite relevant to our forum, posted in the correct area, and asking an interesting question. Nothing out of the ordinary there...?
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 16:11   #10
God Member

yes Roy
Old 26-04-2009, 16:17   #11
Junior Member+

you say your a doctor?

1...try the 'introduce yourself' section before posting strange threads
2...try writing something on your profile

that might stop us being warey of strange threads cropping up here there and everywhere

Dear, oh Dear. What an odd, parochial comment. Where and why does it say I have to introduce myself before posting a comment? However, here goes.

I was born in Accrington, and my family - on both sides - have lived and worked there for longer than I can trace back. I went to primary school in Accrington. Miss Caufield's if anyone remembers her. The school was off to the right off Abbey Street (as you came down from Manchester Road) but has long been demolished. I lived on Hollins Lane and then on Manchester Road. I grew up playing in Oak Hill Park and occasionally Haworth Park, though I preferred Oak Hill. And sometimes I went to St George's playground. Bet that's been demolished too. And, as a student, I used to work at Calogen Foam. Does that still exist.

Will that do?

Thanks for the incredibly friendly reception!
Old 26-04-2009, 16:22   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
I can't really see how its a strange thread, its a link to a blog post which is an analysis of something that is going on currently with someone who is from accrington. Quite relevant to our forum, posted in the correct area, and asking an interesting question. Nothing out of the ordinary there...?
Disagree,i find it odd in the context of n opening post on the forum. being a very suspicious git. still thats what makes this place good craic.
Old 26-04-2009, 16:27   #13
Junior Member+

Dear oh Dear again

Look guys, I'm not trying to **** everyone off. I am from Accrington, and I have looked at this site a few times, but never contributed. However, having written an article on someone from Accrington, it seemed relevant, and it seemed interesting to see what everyone thought locally. Yep, sorry, I missed the perfectly reasonable request to put something on the introduction bit, so I will do that now.
Old 26-04-2009, 16:28   #14
God Member

If it makes `em all a bit of brass to escape the doom and gloom that is `accy` then good luck to `em.......if my kids were talented enough and WANTED to do it then i would certainly let them.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 16:32   #15
Caz
God Member

For each one that becomes a victim, there are many that don't. Bonnie Langford, Linda Robson, Pauline quirke, the Osmonds, just off the top of my head. Doing it because they want to and not because of pushy parents is the main thing.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..