Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2005, 15:22   #1
I am Banned

Exclamation how clean is your keyboard??

Okay firstly i would like to dedicate this thread to my dad!
Today the 26th august there is a newspaper article in the sun on page 35! it tells you that your keyboard holds more than 3,295 germs per square inch and is much more dirtier than your loo seat and kitchen bin! it also mentions that scientists have uncovered a vile assortment of bugs and viruses festering on keyboards across the uk at workplaces and homes. the keys that you have to watch out for are the space bar and vowel keys which they class as the dirty hotspots.
There are some illnesses which can be transmitted from the keyboard include skin diseases, rashes, eczema,fungal infections,diphtheria,thrush, herpes,gastroenteritis, gum disorders,pneumonia,hepoatitus c and blood poisoning!!

My dad a few weeks ago posted a thread asking how to get curry out of the keyboard?
Im telling you now dad you are not eating at this computer anymore!!
just how dirty do you think your keyboard is and do you believe any of the jargon the newspaper says?
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2005, 16:51   #2
Beacon of light

Re: how clean is your keyboard??

Yes.......I do believe what they say about computer keyboards being more of a health hazard than your toilet seat or your kitchen bin.

I NEVER eat while I am working on my computer. The only saving grace is that there is only me uses the keyboard......so the bugs are MINE......all MINE.
I do clean my keyboard with alcohol wipes......now whether this makes any difference or not I wouldn't like to say.

Other unhygienic places are banister rails and door handles.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 16:54   #3
I am Banned

the only alcohol that ever sees our keyboard is joseph holts!!!!
Old 26-08-2005, 17:13   #4

well ive never eaten off my keyboard or my toilet seat!!! i do wash my hands before touching food. but i also think that some germs are good for you...they help build up your immune system. i think that sometimes people go OTT! everything in moderation, and that includes germs
Old 26-08-2005, 17:31   #5
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
Okay firstly i would like to dedicate this thread to my dad!
Today the 26th august there is a newspaper article in the sun on page 35! it tells you that your keyboard holds more than 3,295 germs per square inch and is much more dirtier than your loo seat and kitchen bin! it also mentions that scientists have uncovered a vile assortment of bugs and viruses festering on keyboards across the uk at workplaces and homes. the keys that you have to watch out for are the space bar and vowel keys which they class as the dirty hotspots.
There are some illnesses which can be transmitted from the keyboard include skin diseases, rashes, eczema,fungal infections,diphtheria,thrush, herpes,gastroenteritis, gum disorders,pneumonia,hepoatitus c and blood poisoning!!

My dad a few weeks ago posted a thread asking how to get curry out of the keyboard?
Im telling you now dad you are not eating at this computer anymore!!
just how dirty do you think your keyboard is and do you believe any of the jargon the newspaper says?
dont jump on the band wagon boo and pinch my threads!the curry in the keyboard will be gone tomorrow night after the meeting, i just hope the same can be said about YOUR........................washing up.
P.S i hope you havent infected the curry for tomorrow.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 18:46   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

oh do you clean your keyboards? pmsl
Old 26-08-2005, 20:09   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
dont jump on the band wagon boo and pinch my threads!the curry in the keyboard will be gone tomorrow night after the meeting, i just hope the same can be said about YOUR........................washing up.
P.S i hope you havent infected the curry for tomorrow.
im not actually jumping on the band wagon at all this thread im more bothered about my health thank you, and no i wont stay of the computer, yes the washing up is done.
Old 26-08-2005, 21:32   #8
God Member

I dont eat at my keyboard, well its a laptop I use, but I've never cleaned it either, it looks ok and I too are of the belief that a few germs are good for you.
Please dont put the curry from the keyboard in tomorrow night curry though
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 00:52   #9
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo
im not actually jumping on the band wagon at all this thread im more bothered about my health thank you, and no i wont stay of the computer, yes the washing up is done.
and they say miracles never happen?and you are jumping on the band wagon because this thread was opened weeks ago, on questions and answers does dad have to spell it out?if you are bothered about your health get a fitness job.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 10:23   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
Yes.......I do believe what they say about computer keyboards being more of a health hazard than your toilet seat or your kitchen bin.

I NEVER eat while I am working on my computer. The only saving grace is that there is only me uses the keyboard......so the bugs are MINE......all MINE.
I do clean my keyboard with alcohol wipes......now whether this makes any difference or not I wouldn't like to say.

Other unhygienic places are banister rails and door handles.
Well if aclcohol or isp wipes dont work then I'm in trouble as I eat at my keyboard and laptop daily , so luck must be on my side or it works

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 10:59   #11
Give, give, give member

I've never cleaned my keyboard either.

I do give it the occasional blow to get rid of hairs, which are long and 'winter blond', rather than short and curly!!!

I'm with Gem, I think some germs are good for you, otherwise we'd be like Michael Jackson and living in a bubble, and I don't mean his chimpanze.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 11:03   #12
God Member

I think the closest I get to cleaning keyboard is to tip it upside down once in a while to clear out the crumbs. Kids crumbs of course

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 11:24   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
and they say miracles never happen?and you are jumping on the band wagon because this thread was opened weeks ago, on questions and answers does dad have to spell it out?if you are bothered about your health get a fitness job.
its different this thread is telling people what diseases you can get and if they believe what the newspapers say yours is asking how to clean a keyboard if you cant tell the difference then you need to re- read what i put! so there!
Old 27-08-2005, 11:48   #14
Give, give, give member

If Stag keeps eating curry he'll be starting a new thread about how to clean the seat of a chair.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2005, 11:59   #15
Senior Member+

HAHAHAHAH

CLASSIC

my keyboard is spotless

i like my key touches to respond

but mind u

sometimes curry on the keyboard saves u time walkin to the kitchen just when ur reaching that climax moment in a game

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..