Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2005, 10:30   #1
Give, give, give member

What makes you wee?

Following on from Grego's thread about the television programmes Extras and The Catherine Tate Show, what makes you laugh?

What brings you so much joy you nearly wet yourself?

It doesn't have to be a tv programme it could be the radio, or something toatally unconnected, such as the daft things kids say, or even talking to Tinkerbelle at five o'clock in the morning in the chatroom.

I knew a girl, who in every other way was extremely nice, buy who spent her working day watching people walking into a curved glass door that became invisible. She spent her days in stitches, the sick girl.

The Royal Family did it for me, although it left some people cold. Liz Smith as the tipsy Granny saying

'Night, night davy Babid,'

still cracks me up.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2005, 10:38   #2
God Member

Re: What makes you wee?

I cried with laughter a few times.. But the one that really got me was Stan Boardman on the des o'conner show when he told the joke about the fokker planes... The fact i was sat with some very elderly people at the time and I was trying to supress my laughter probably made it worse.. I didnt wee but fluids flowed from my eyes

stan boardman as far as i know hasnt appeared on telly since.. deffo not on that channel

what he said....(excuse my spelling)

he was telling a joke about a british fighter pilot on "this is your life".. aemon andrews asked hthe pilot to tell a story....

he said he was flying over dover when he saw this fokker suddenly appear... he said he chased the fokker but he lost him.. then the fokker appeared from the sun and .....

aemon andrews interuppted him and said.. i must explain to the viewers that in the war there was a german plane called a fokker... isnt that right he said to the pilot..

well thats right aemon... but this particular fokker was a mechersmitt

absoloute class
Old 26-08-2005, 10:42   #3
Resting in Peace

nice 1 kipax hehe
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 10:47   #4
God Member

I absolutely wet myself watching Lee Evans, he is 1 of the funniest men on T.V.
I was watching him the other night and I wondered, would he be as funny if you was blind and couldn't see him??? I don't think he would. His expressions are fantastic......just one funny man.
Rindy i too like Royal Family, although it does remind me of my family quite a lot.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 10:51   #5
Resting in Peace

With LESS its the beer in the stag he is allways off to the bog (when he has to pay ) hehe he is ok really( thats 500 ackers you owe me less hehe)

Last edited by Mick; 26-08-2005 at 10:53.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 10:56   #6
Give, give, give member

I loved the Royale Family, and some people found it just unfunny, as Mick told me he did. It's strange the different senses of humour we all have.

I was living in London when the Royale Family came on, and I was suprised how popular it was there. It wasn't just about the North, it was about lots of families. The banality of asking what you had for your tea, or the fact that your unborn baby was the size of an orange meant you couldn't make a brew.

Orange my arse, she's one lazy git.

Old 26-08-2005, 11:06   #7
God Member

FINGER MY ASS......................

That has got to be the funniest thing he ever said ......lmfao

Orite' Davie babied.............he he he.

I think the most moving one of them was when she went into labour, and Jim was sat in the bathroom with her.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 11:13   #8
Give, give, give member

It was, they could be really cruel to each other but also loved each other unconditionally, like all families.

We also sit down and watch the Antiques Roadshow and try and guess the value before the experts, and we take the micky out of the people taking their stuff to be valued.

Old 26-08-2005, 11:38   #9
Senior Member+

My kids make me laugh as much as they make me want to cry.

Last week my daughter (5) brought the cats dishes in to be washed and fed again and as she brought them in there was a slug in the dish she said to me mum i would rather chew off my own arm than eat that!!!!!

That was it i nearly wet myself.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 12:07   #10
Beacon of light

My mother makes me wet myself with laughing........and it isn't so much what she says as the things she does.

When I went to my sisters in Brisbane, my niece though we were two crazy women because Mum would tell a story and I would be crying with laughing.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 12:25   #11
God Member

The Royle Family is good but Porridge always used to make me laugh. Everything Ronnie Barker does is funny.

Godber (Richard Beckinsale): " What does he mean, a practicing homosexual?"

Fletcher (Ronnie Barker): "One who ain't quite got it right yet."

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 12:26   #12

You never see many repeats (shame), but the Goodies did a show about the Lancashire art of Eky Thump,it was a micky take of the 70's serise Kung Fu! and it makes me smile just thinking about it even though it must be well over twenty years ago since it was shown!!!!
Also people! I people watch and they do the most funny things,I live in Cleveleys and just sitting on the wall on the main street you see alsorts of stuff!!! My fav is the scooter Nazis!!!
Just watch the people in the scooters running people over and the like!!

Last edited by wayneyboy1942; 26-08-2005 at 12:29.
wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 12:30   #13
God Member

royle family and porridge are 2 of my faveroutes... But there funny.. very funny...but not so much side splititng roll around the floor wetting yourself as the title of the thread is asking for.... IMHO
Old 26-08-2005, 12:54   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
or even talking to Tinkerbelle at five o'clock in the morning in the chatroom.
You have cost me so much money in incontinence pads it's unreal! Shame we can't quote any of the best bits

Me and Slink in each others company for more than 20mins usually results in wet underwear and that's without the water fights A couple of month ago we tried to catch a bus to Queens Park hospital, my mum was dubious about letting us out on our own because we were together (terrible influence on each other) it was pouring with rain we stood on the wrong side of the road for the bus it went sailing past and we stood there for about 10mins crying with laughter thinking that it was gonna turn round and come back......... in the end we had to go back to mums and ring a taxi her face was a picture!

Yes kids have me in hysterics the first time they learn and use a swear word in it's proper context, I can't tell them off for laughing!

My oldest died her hair blonde at her mates house without asking permission first, she went to show my mum, my mum asked her "did you get severely bollocked?" my daughter answered "no nanna I got Nice'n' Easy"

I laugh at everything and have a SERIOUSLY sick sense of humour (runs in the family )and laugh at the most inappropriate times! People falling over ............ I know I shouldn't but I can't help it

I agree Royal Family is brilliant and Two Pints And A Packet Of Crisps has me howling with laughter with the things they come out with! Sorry I can't quote any bits from the programme but it's to rude Also Adam Sandler films ..... any of them ....... he is one funny bloke!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 26-08-2005 at 13:45. Reason: typo errors I can't see the screen for laughing!
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2005, 13:02   #15
Give, give, give member

^See that made me laugh, the two numpties on the wrong side of the road for the bus, and the Nice 'n' Easy.

People should come into the chatroom more at five am, PMSL really does mean p*ss myself laughing, literally sometuimes.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..