Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2008, 10:44   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: how come these two were extradited??

Think the problem with this country is that we always have to take the moral high ground, we don't have the death penalty, so we shouldn't send people back, who have committed crimes, to countries that do have the death penalty. Why should we be an haven for foreign criminals, who deserve punishing in the countries they have committed the crimes, why should the british tax payer keep them in luxury for years, wonder if Captain Hook will enjoy his Christmas dinner, no doubt some pensioners will not get half the spread that cons will get at Christmas
Old 14-12-2008, 10:46   #17

Re: how come these two werent extradited??

She was forced into that marriage, in her place, I might have done the same.
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 11:43   #18
Give, give, give member

We do extradite people to countries which have the death penalty, the U.S.A. being one of them.

Does it depend on which state the crime was committed in, before we agre to send them back, depending on whether that particular state has the death penalty?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 11:49   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

interesting point,should think thats the case, unless our masters remove the "Moral High Ground"
Old 14-12-2008, 11:59   #20
Give, give, give member

I think the moral to be taken from all this is that if you're going to commit a murder in a country/state with the death penalty, is to have your escape plan back to Blighty in place before you do it, in order to have a more cushty life in a British prison, and not risk hanging by the neck abroad.

Scot Kenny Richey spent twenty years on death row in Ohio, after killing a child in an arson attack, and it did realistically look as if he would be executed, though he was released earlier this year.

Old 15-12-2008, 23:57   #21
God Member

not sure how things work between the UK and the US , we recently (last year) had the Entwistle case in Massachusetts (non death penalty State)Entwistle murder case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm thinking from previous news reports the various States have to 'sign' an agreement with the extradition Country (if no death penalty exists) that it will not be carried out in the State where the trial is to be held . The one's which gets the most press are Mexico (non death penalty Country) , v Texas and California both border States , someone does a murder, jumps the border and is more or less free from extradition . Think Canada also follows a similar policy
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 15:23   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
In another thread you said you were half Pakistani.

What would happen if you committed a murder whilst on holiday out there?

Would we just send half of you back to hang?
If I commited a crime whilst on holiday I should expect to be dealt by the laws of that country and to be treated no differently than other citizens of that country that I commited a crime in, which is normaly
the case.I explained before that I was joking about being half pakistan to a comment I received but even if I was what difference should this make.
Why should murderers be dealt with any different from drug smugglers.
I am well aware it is because of the death penalty but I think these people should be tried in the country of there crime and if found guilty expect the law of that land.
When in Rome
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 15:27   #23
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
If I commited a crime whilst on holiday I should expect to be dealt by the laws of that country and to be treated no differently than other citizens of that country that I commited a crime in, which is normaly
the case.I explained before that I was joking about being half pakistan to a comment I received but even if I was what difference should this make.
Why should murderers be dealt with any different from drug smugglers.
I am well aware it is because of the death penalty but I think these people should be tried in the country of there crime and if found guilty expect the law of that land.
When in Rome
I missed the post where you said you weren't half Pakistani, and that it was a 'joke'.

Stupidly I tend to believe what people actually post on here, and take them at face value.

Old 16-12-2008, 15:37   #24
Senior Member+

why is being half pakistani a joke??

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 15:57   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
You evidently haven't read all Gordies post ema
Old 16-12-2008, 16:53   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
Because then no one will like you

Oops you can't have a joke on here, everyone takes you seriously
Old 17-12-2008, 09:06   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Because then no one will like you

Oops you can't have a joke on here, everyone takes you seriously
Oh come on Neil since when has anybody taken you seriously on here
Old 20-12-2008, 23:24   #28

Talking Re: how come these two werent extradited??

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I missed the post where you said you weren't half Pakistani, and that it was a 'joke'.

Stupidly I tend to believe what people actually post on here, and take them at face value.
I said something like I was a quarter English a quarter Irish a quarter Scotish and a full half Pakistan in reference to a amusing remark. That makes one and a quarter if you can not see that this was a joke and stupidly taken this quote at face value well you must be very silly or not very good at being sarcastic.
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 00:20   #29
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
you must be very silly or not very good at being sarcastic.
Oh trust me.

I'm very good.

It was quite obvious that someone, who in many different threads, as been so anti-Muslim, would't be Pakistani.

It was simple to work you out.

Old 21-12-2008, 00:42   #30
God Member

was just thinking about all the Brits/English that have been given the death penalty in places like Thialand... then have the British government beg for thier release....these things work both ways...it's got nowt to do with Mulsims or Christians.. Pakistan ..or any religion... now stop stirring up kak.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

« Jobs | Winter Help »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..