Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2008, 03:46   #1
Senior Member+

how come these two werent extradited??

surely if i'd commit a similar crime in the uk and run off to pakistan then i would be brought back right? since the crime was commited in pakistan why werent they sent back there since no crime was commited in the uk, does the uk legal system have the right to carry out sentances for crimes commited in other countries?

Quote:
A Lancashire woman and her lover have been found guilty of murdering her husband, who was found stabbed in a hotel room in Pakistan.
Khurrum Mukhtar, 22, died on 30 December 2006 after being found with serious injuries in Rawalpindi.
Priddle and Pervez arrived at the hotel dressed in caps and dark glasses to meet Mr Mukhtar. A waiter saw the three of them enter Room 109 together and, shortly afterwards, witnessed Priddle and Pervez running out looking "stressed and nervous".
He found Mr Mukhtar, who was bleeding heavily, lying partly on the bed and partly on the floor. He was taken to hospital but died 20 minutes later.
Old 13-12-2008, 04:51   #2
God Member

Re: how come these two werent extradited??

i agree they should be extrodited to the country where the crime occured but then again the UK is full of wanted people in other countries and european law stops us sending them away for trial , that terrorist preacher with hooks for hands is a good example as america has been after him for years but europe wont let us send him to them

i think it has somthing to do with the human rights act which i hope they will abolish or at least modify to stop criminals hiding behind it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 06:38   #3
God Member

I was kind of curious about this , seems Pakistan has the death penalty , and these two would be liable for it if found guilty over there . Seems British law forbids the extradition of persons who may face such a punishment .

Cynical sod that I am , I wonder how many of the witnesses who flew to the UK to give evidence at the trail (at taxpayers expense) will bother to return home
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 08:52   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
I was kind of curious about this , seems Pakistan has the death penalty , and these two would be liable for it if found guilty over there . Seems British law forbids the extradition of persons who may face such a punishment .

Cynical sod that I am , I wonder how many of the witnesses who flew to the UK to give evidence at the trail (at taxpayers expense) will bother to return home
Canadian law also forbids extradition of persons who may face capital punishment; however, in certain ill defined extreme circumstances, people may be extradited ... the govt. makes the decision; however, the decision can be appealed all the way to the Supreme Court .... (unlike the American Supreme Court Justices, Canadian judges are not appointed on the basis of their conformity to the principles and prejudices of the government in power.)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 09:06   #5
Resting in Peace

Re: how come these two were extradited??

The only thing I can think of Mani is that all three were British Citizens, the victim and the accused. Maybe if Greg reads this he may be able to shed some light on the matter, and if he doesn't know I bet he knows a man who does
Old 13-12-2008, 09:11   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

would think its the fact of the death penalty as others have said. if it is then it shouldn't matter a jot, fer me were ya commit the crime,is where ya should be put on trial.
Old 13-12-2008, 15:17   #7

I've been kicking off about this, we are going to pick up the Legal Aid bill and no doubt several pointless appeal costs, plus prison costs and any relatives who will now be getting benefits, the bill will run into several million pounds and guess who is paying?
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 21:19   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
I've been kicking off about this, we are going to pick up the Legal Aid bill and no doubt several pointless appeal costs, plus prison costs and any relatives who will now be getting benefits, the bill will run into several million pounds and guess who is paying?
Quite correct in your quote
Is this not always the situation that the Goverment tax payer takes when these so called delicate matters arise
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 22:16   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
Quite correct in your quote
Is this not always the situation that the Goverment tax payer takes when these so called delicate matters arise
In another thread you said you were half Pakistani.

What would happen if you committed a murder whilst on holiday out there?

Would we just send half of you back to hang?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 23:39   #10
God Member

A good series on the National Geographic Channel , Locked up Abroad , some very not nice places , lots of young westerners crying about how their Human rights were being violated , usually for transporting kilos of drugs
Old 13-12-2008, 23:56   #11
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
A good series on the National Geographic Channel , Locked up Abroad , some very not nice places , lots of young westerners crying about how their Human rights were being violated , usually for transporting kilos of drugs
I think we have the same programme over here on Channel 5, though it might be called Banged Up Abroad.

I'm always amazed how the drug smugglin' scum has the audacity to go on camera after their release, as you say, bleating about how terrible those nasty foreign jails have been.

Old 13-12-2008, 23:58   #12
Give, give, give member

Can't do the time?

Well don't shove bags of smack up yer daisy lady.

Old 14-12-2008, 03:23   #13
Senior Member+

jaysay

na the victim was pakistani

yeah the death penalty thing didnt think of that one. as for the islamic cleric - its a similar reason we cant extradite him either because the country of his origin is known to use torture methods and hence he would face such dealings if sent back
Old 14-12-2008, 05:09   #14
God Member

OK, so we refuse to extradite to a country with Capital Punishment

but..

no crime has been comiited on UK soil so why are we doing anything about it? I personally don't agree with teh first line of this post, if they do the crime then it up to them to do the time/punishment deemed fit in that country. As said, who's paying for the prison/etc for teh next 20 years? US

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 05:21   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
OK, so we refuse to extradite to a country with Capital Punishment

but..

no crime has been comiited on UK soil so why are we doing anything about it? I personally don't agree with teh first line of this post, if they do the crime then it up to them to do the time/punishment deemed fit in that country. As said, who's paying for the prison/etc for teh next 20 years? US
Once again , the refusal to extradite is just another example of 'paternalistic' neo-colonialism , the 'so called' educated west telling other independant countries that 'we' are more civilized (advanced) than they are . Any wonder that there is a so called war on terror

« Jobs | Winter Help »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..