Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 15:57   #1
I am Banned

Smile how innocent are your kids??

ive decided to start this thread as bazf has reminded me of a few times a child has said something that has made me smile and realise how innocent children can sometimes be.

i once read a magazine article and it mentioned that a woman was once walking her little boy to school one morning and he stopped in his tracks and pointed to the floor and started crying, his mother asked him what was wrong and he said that there was a dead rainbow on the floor! his mother looked to where the child was pointing and noticed that it was actually a small puddle of oil! how innocent is this child! its a lovely little story and i was wondering if any of your children have said something very innocent and made you smile??
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2005, 16:11   #2
God Member

Re: how innocent are your kids??

Its usually the way they say it as well as what is said the younger theyare the better they are at it and just as sore on the ribs.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 20:33   #3

When I was driving for Blackburn Transport one day I let the suspension down on the low floor bus so it was level with the pavement and a little girl about 6yrs old rushed up to the front and said "Excuse me,Mr Bus Driver I think your tyres have just popped"awww bless lol
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 20:43   #4
God Member

Baby Boo, Ellie as said so many things and I cant think of a single one tonight, it is amazing and amusing the innocence of a child, are you getting broody?
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:11   #5
I am Banned

good god no, i dont want children! i just love it how they can be so innocent when they are young and then turn out to be right little brats when they are older! i once watched a birth and that put me off having children, i dont care if its the most natural thing in the world im too soft and wont go through with it.

my little sister brought home one of them dolls the other week from school the ones that cry and need to be fed and you have to hold like a real baby,as it has a chip inside that reads how well you are looking after it, i so badly wanted to throw it through the window! it woke up four times during the night keeping me awake as my room is next to her room , you had to keep feeding it every so often it was just an evil doll. It has put her of children thank god but never again will she be bringing one of them home!

if anything i woud rather adopt and give other children a chance at a decent life!
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 15:19   #6

A few weeks ago we went to the Formula 1 stockcar world finals. One of the drivers won an all expense paid trip to race in America for 6 weeks. My 7 year old walked up to the driver and said 'please don't go to America Paul' when he asked why, my 7 year old said 'I don't want you to die in a hurricane'. We all felt choked and now Paul always speaks to my little'un no matter how busy he is.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 19:46   #7
Passed away 25-11-09

My granddaughter, aged 6, asked her mum how many lives people have. Her mum said people only have 1 life. "Even me?" said Laura. "Yes". "Even you?" "Yes". Pause for a minute. "Even Germans?". "Yes". Another pause then, "What are Germans?"
Old 07-10-2005, 21:18   #8
Senior Member+

when my little girl started reception class at school i had just bought her a new umbrella we were walking to school and it was'nt raining she kept hold of her umbrella and on the way she said she was thirsty and i said maybe your teacher will take you to the water fountain at school and she said will i be able to use my umbrella?

Bless i wonder what the picture in her mind was of this fountain she was to drink from!!
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 21:24   #9

My little lad wanted to learn drums & we said but where would you practise?. when we said he couldnt at home because it would disturb the neighbours, he said don't worry when I want to practise I'll ask them to go out for an hour! He is now learning keyboard
Old 07-10-2005, 22:39   #10
Accy Goddess

We were in B'burn when one of the Grand Children.
Asked were we were.
I told her you know were we are.
" is B'burn in England."
" Yes we all live in England."
was my reply.
" You don't you live in Accrington."
was her reply.
She remained adiment that Accy wasnt in England.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 23:00   #11
white rabbits

when my son was very little ,we were in the supermarket ,when he kept asking for sauceon ,,i diddent know what he meant until we passed the tomato sauce ,then i twigged ,i often said do you want sauce on ,, then another time they were at school after xmas and he had written that father christmas had brought me some tits, he actualy meant tights,i was most embarressed
Old 08-10-2005, 10:02   #12
God Member

i was talking to my my four year old son the other day, we were arguing over whether he could have some sweets or not. I said that we would come to a compromise, then, my two year old piped up "can i come as well"
Old 20-04-2006, 10:51   #13
Senior Member+

I just had to tell you we all went to Asda to do the weekly shop when we were pushing the trolley towards the entrance my 6 year old daughter saw a helium balloon floating upwards and she said to me :- Is god taking that balloon for the children who have died. How lovely i thought i smiled and told her she was right! Bless.
Old 20-04-2006, 15:04   #14
I am Banned

A friends brother once sent his mother a valentines card he was only about 6 at the time he wrote in it roses are red violets are blue sugar is sweat and so are you it cracked me up, she quickly learnt him how to spell sweet!
MANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2006, 23:45   #15
Senior Member+

I'm staying in Cornwall for a couple of weeks with my daughter and her three young children. Martin, aged nine, was getting such a telling off from his mum the other day and looked to me for help. I was trying my best to keep out of it until he said 'Nana, you can still ground her you know'.

He'll go far.
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..