Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2008, 19:24   #16
God Member

Re: How Many Ways Do You Think Your Money Has Been Sneakily Taken From You?

Business owners have all of that, and things like.. A licence to carry waste/rubbish from a customers house to the skip in our yard, an extra charge for emptying the bin, a licence to allow playing the radio in the office, and a different licence to play the radio in the showroom next to the office, now, as we have 2 offices, we have to have 2 licences, (one for each premises) even though it is the same staff listening to the radio, but dependent on which office they are in on the day! The really bugging bit is, we have a licence for a tv in one office, but still have to have the other licence for the radio!
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2008, 19:42   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Business owners have all of that, and things like.. A licence to carry waste/rubbish from a customers house to the skip in our yard, an extra charge for emptying the bin, a licence to allow playing the radio in the office, and a different licence to play the radio in the showroom next to the office, now, as we have 2 offices, we have to have 2 licences, (one for each premises) even though it is the same staff listening to the radio, but dependent on which office they are in on the day! The really bugging bit is, we have a licence for a tv in one office, but still have to have the other licence for the radio!
Bet you were glad when Jimmy Young retired along with "What's The Recipe Today Jim" Just need to elbow the Quizmaster with Ken Bruce and you could be quids in.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 19:59   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Bet you were glad when Jimmy Young retired along with "What's The Recipe Today Jim" Just need to elbow the Quizmaster with Ken Bruce and you could be quids in.

Now why you picking on good old Ken
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 20:08   #19

Quote:
Font of all knowledge

Ridiculous I know absolutely nothing and won't admit to anything
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 20:15   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Now why you picking on good old Ken
He wakes me up every morning and I was a better drummer than him.
Old 08-10-2008, 22:53   #21
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Says above
I did not ask what working tax credit was, I asked what FIS was. I can read and read it all
Old 08-10-2008, 23:17   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I did not ask what working tax credit was, I asked what FIS was. I can read and read it all
Family income support - I think
Old 08-10-2008, 23:26   #23
God Member

Quote:
Family income support - I think
Family income supplement

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 00:02   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Family income supplement
Near enough
Old 09-10-2008, 07:39   #25
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Thanks for that
Old 09-10-2008, 07:49   #26
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I think it's Family income supplement, but I can't remember nor from a quick google can I see it being something existing for some time, hasn't it been replaced by tax credits, perhaps someone should copy and paste something more up to date?
I think it was used to emphasise the point that when what one claimed was FIS then one got lots of other additional benefit from doing so, but now one claims something which replaced FIS one does not get all the addional benefits which accompanied FIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
Blackburn Council have found a whole new way of robbing me and every otherCouncil Tax payer of money: they have introduced free off street parkning on some streets and are going to expand this scheem on Saturdays in the run up to Xmas. this means that non council tax payers from outside the borough are going to be able to park for free and of course the estimated 50,000 pounds that the council will l9oose in revenue will have to be covered from elsewhere,, Guess who will foot the bill? Yes, those who live inside the borough and do not own cars and those who do own cars and do not shop in Blackbure (that is me)
Remember Robin Hood? He used to rob the rich to pay the poor, BwDC rob the poor and pay the rich!

Been free parking in Accy for donkeys years Polly and quite a stink has been kicked up on and off when suggestions have been put forward to introduce charges. The main objection has always been that it will stop people coming into Accrington to shop and therefore affect local shops and businesses.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:56   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Quite true jaysay...the Tories did sell us up the river by signing up to the Maastricht Treaty back in 1992 !
And I wonder what Tony and Gordon have been doing for the last ten years, they were reelected in 2005 with the promise of a referendum on the European Constitution then said sod of we're signing the treaty in Madrid without asking you lot.
Old 09-10-2008, 13:29   #28

The tv license I think is quite a sneaky way of getting more money from us, but without us paying all these taxes, look at what we would probably have to pay for that we don't currently, for example everything that the NHS covers. If we don't pay one thing, then they get us on another.
Old 09-10-2008, 14:05   #29

I just worked out that I'm paying £380 a year for six toilet flushes and the water in 16 cups of tea per week. No wonder they've told me they "aren't able" to fit a water meter...

Might be time to start bringing my own water from home...

Knowing my luck, the performing rights society will come round and charge me for the music I can hear when the bloke in the flat over our shop has his TV on too loud...

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 16:03   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
I just worked out that I'm paying £380 a year for six toilet flushes and the water in 16 cups of tea per week. No wonder they've told me they "aren't able" to fit a water meter...

Might be time to start bringing my own water from home...

Knowing my luck, the performing rights society will come round and charge me for the music I can hear when the bloke in the flat over our shop has his TV on too loud...
Quite right too, can't have you enjoying yourself at work can we

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..