Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2010, 09:24   #91
God Member

Re: Howarth Art gallery

A story in the Telegraph this week about the Haworth.

£120,000 revamp for Haworth Art Gallery grounds (From Lancashire Telegraph)

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-04-2010, 10:05   #92
Give, give, give member

Good news, and investment will hopefully end any future plans for the Haworth's collections to come under the control of any body outside of Accrington.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:50   #93
God Member

Quick question - at what point is it appropriate to say 'i told you so' to some of the doubters?

Old 01-04-2010, 11:08   #94
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Quick question - at what point is it appropriate to say 'i told you so' to some of the doubters?
Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
About 4 years ago (Tory) HBC approached (Lab) LCC to investigate 'possibilities'.
Coming from a party leader on H.B.C., that fact more than adequately proves that some people's actions were more than 'rumour', regarding future plans for who controls the Haworth.

If, due to feared public outrage, some people now realise that any discussion of the Haworth's control leaving Accrington, would be vehmently opposed, so much the better.

As so often with rumour, there's very often no smoke without fire, despite what those carrying the kindling are told.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 17:46   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post

Well you can say it now Gayle... and while you are at it how about answering some of the questions I posed the other week in this thread and in the ossy civic theatre thread... and then, when you have done that perhaps you would care to enlighten us all about how much ratepayers hard earned cash is finding its way into your bank account for your consultancy services.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:51   #96
God Member

Have you been lying in wait for me?

Old 02-04-2010, 14:10   #97
God Member

Well we were kinda wondering where you had got to. I suppose that now you and britters are bezzies you have plenty to keep you occupied. So, about those questions.......?
Old 04-04-2010, 13:01   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
Well we were kinda wondering where you had got to.
Who's the 'we', I can't see any discussion on here asking for me to return.
I don't think anyone was wondering where I'd got to, except you. Everyone that I know well, was well aware of where I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
I suppose that now you and britters are bezzies you have plenty to keep you occupied. So, about those questions.......?
I am very busy at the moment as it happens. I have an Arts Centre to open.

Old 08-04-2010, 17:52   #99
God Member

When our wonderful MP's were asked by a journalist to explain what they did with the money they claimed in expenses they did everything in their power to avoid answering the question. As I recall, " I am too busy " was a fairly common excuse. The journalist eventually had to resort to using the Freedom of Information Act.

The question is... What have you got to hide Gayle???
Old 08-04-2010, 18:06   #100
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
When our wonderful MP's were asked by a journalist to explain what they did with the money they claimed in expenses they did everything in their power to avoid answering the question. As I recall, " I am too busy " was a fairly common excuse. The journalist eventually had to resort to using the Freedom of Information Act.

Herself A-B, shes gone.
Old 08-04-2010, 18:38   #101
God Member

Now that it seems Gayle has responded to the questions I posed, but on another thread, I will adjourn the conversation to the Civic Theatre Thread.
Old 08-04-2010, 19:31   #102
God Member

Quote:

Absolutely nothing to hide. Here's my working week so far this week

Monday - bank holiday so only did a couple of hours work.
Tuesday - worked from 9.30am to about 8.30pm
Wednesday - worked from 9.30am to 9.30pm
Thursday - started at about 10am this morning and have just got some tea now.

I am busy. I'm getting ready for the opening of something that could be incredibly exciting for the town. It's not an excuse and I'm not at your beck and call to answer petty questions all the time. You clearly don't believe me but I am working my butt off to try and get something good going for the area. Now, I don't care if you think I'm hiding stuff because I'm not on here accounting for myself every minute of the day, but if there's one thing that I am, it's open about what i'm doing and what's going on.

DON'T compare me to any fiddling MPs, DON'T accuse me of claiming expenses that I don't deserve and DON'T even attempt to call me a liar.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..