Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2010, 09:00   #1
Resting in Peace

Angry Huntley to claim damages

BBC News - Soham killer Huntley to sue over throat slash attack

Its been announced this morning the child killer Ian Huntley is trying to claim damages from HMG for an attack suffered in the nick, he's after close on £100,000. Its just a pity that the guy who tried to slit the bastards that wasn't successful
Old 31-07-2010, 09:38   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Huntley to claim damages

And this from someone who has "supposedly" tried to end it all 3 times!! I went to a couple of days of the Trial at the Old Bailey...both Huntley and Maxine Carr stared impassively forward the entire time, and showed not one iota of remorse or feeling!! The bloke should rot in hell! And the amount of money spent on pampering and protecting Carr is disgraceful!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 10:02   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
And this from someone who has "supposedly" tried to end it all 3 times!! I went to a couple of days of the Trial at the Old Bailey...both Huntley and Maxine Carr stared impassively forward the entire time, and showed not one iota of remorse or feeling!! The bloke should rot in hell! And the amount of money spent on pampering and protecting Carr is disgraceful!

Best Regards - Taggy
Spot on Taggy, if ever there was a case for hanging hes it
Old 31-07-2010, 10:15   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

at the risk of being accused of the record being stuck, NO PARTY has the will or the balls to stop such travesties. the simple fact is, "THE CLAIM SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SEE DAYLIGHT".
Old 31-07-2010, 10:26   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
at the risk of being accused of the record being stuck, NO PARTY has the will or the balls to stop such travesties. the simple fact is, "THE CLAIM SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SEE DAYLIGHT".
But cashy these people have rights and until we we scrap the laws that dictate how our judicial system is run there will always be cases like this. Our Laws were written for the centuries ago and its time we started again for life in the 21st and beyond, but we have too many nonce's making millions of pounds out of defending scum like this the games a bogey. The Government have said they will fight it vigorously as did the previous Government did when this was first muted.
Old 31-07-2010, 10:30   #6
Senior Member+

£100.000!!!! It would surprise me if an ordinary citizen would get that.

It shows for a lack of security in prisons though. They can't even successfully lock monsters up without something like this happening. Then again if i was a prison guard i may turn my back while he got a beating
Old 31-07-2010, 10:36   #7

Why should the Government be held responsible for another person trying to slit Huntley's throat? Why not sue the person who did it? Could it be because Huntley knows he would not get any compensation from his inmate? But because the Government would pay up so it goes no further. To me this is blackmail, blackmail is a crime. Huntley should be told no and because of him trying to blackmail the Government should have privaleges removed. Or is that against his human rights and he would sue the Government for them being removed. What a mixed up country England is.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 10:38   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
£100.000!!!! It would surprise me if an ordinary citizen would get that.

It shows for a lack of security in prisons though. They can't even successfully lock monsters up without something like this happening. Then again if i was a prison guard i may turn my back while he got a beating
Bang on, apparently Holly n Jessicas family got about 1 tenth of that amount compensation, that says everthing.
Old 31-07-2010, 10:48   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Bang on, apparently Holly n Jessicas family got about 1 tenth of that amount compensation, that says everthing.
Well if he were to win the money should go the their families, as he won't be needing it in this lifetime
Old 31-07-2010, 10:54   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well if he were to win the money should go the their families, as he won't be needing it in this lifetime
The main point to me is simply the country is skint, everyones having to pay the price, EXCEPT scum like this.
Old 31-07-2010, 11:02   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The main point to me is simply the country is skint, everyones having to pay the price, EXCEPT scum like this.
Couldn't agree more cashy, and to rub salt in the wombs the $*&> as got legal aide to boot
Old 01-08-2010, 07:44   #12
God Member

I agree with Huntley in this; the Prison Service were remiss in failing to protect Him from attack and in doing so they also let the country down. Hutnley was sentenced to life imprisonment for his crimes and the Prison Service should be bending over backwards to ensure that he serves every minute and second of every wretched, empty day of it.

The courts should find in Huntley's favour and the level of damages should be just one penny.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:03   #13
Beacon of light

Yes, you are right AB, but a life in prison for him is one where he is cosseted to some degree.......the prison officers will have to call him Mr Huntley, and show him respect.
He will get three square meals every day, he will be kept warm, he will have opportunites to develop his education(if he so wishes) his medical care will be dealt with.......in short he will have the kind of lifestyle to which many of us aspire.........the only thing missing is his freedom to walk out.
It is costing us millions, and him nothing.......in fact if this goes ahead and he wins(which i hope he doesn't) then he is screwing us into the ground.........and getting paid for what was a heinous crime.

He should be breaking rocks, or some other hard labour for 12 hours every day......he should be fed only the minimum of his nutritional requirements.......his life should contain no pleasure, no joy....he should die a wretched man. PBWY
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:52   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, you are right AB, but a life in prison for him is one where he is cosseted to some degree.......the prison officers will have to call him Mr Huntley, and show him respect.
He will get three square meals every day, he will be kept warm, he will have opportunites to develop his education(if he so wishes) his medical care will be dealt with.......in short he will have the kind of lifestyle to which many of us aspire.........the only thing missing is his freedom to walk out.
It is costing us millions, and him nothing.......in fact if this goes ahead and he wins(which i hope he doesn't) then he is screwing us into the ground.........and getting paid for what was a heinous crime.

He should be breaking rocks, or some other hard labour for 12 hours every day......he should be fed only the minimum of his nutritional requirements.......his life should contain no pleasure, no joy....he should die a wretched man. PBWY
Trouble with you Margaret is your far to kind
Old 01-08-2010, 10:04   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Perhaps it's time anyone such as him that has money or assets has to use them towards their keep within the prison system? After all the elderly are forced to sell their homes before they can be given care.
This way any money from a successful claim that he may get would be taken straight from him.

Then if he and others like him ever thought of claiming they might be a little more reluctant as it would do them no good at all, thus reducing this intolerable waste of Legal aid funds.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..