Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2004, 22:38   #16
I am Banned

Re: Hyndburn Dog Dirt Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley4Life
i live near essex street and it is bad but no i seem to do anything

if your dog has diorahoa while he/she s***les please be clean and pick it up
Thanks..... I have been trying to get dog poo alley's one and two cleaned up for a while. [Essex St & Turkey St] £1000 fines stickers have been placed and Steve Wood has been asked to attend. He says he does but I am not convinced.Essx St is disgusting.

The Labour Party is proposing extending the wardens with a Zero Tolerance approach and targeting of a) dog foulers b) dog poo alleys with instant £50 fines. We are working on a 'education' day for Turkey Street.

Graham Jones
Graham Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2004, 02:26   #17
Senior Member+

Why only proposing ? why not make a political statement...............

pick up your s**t or the Labor party will fine you?
Only the Labor party care about s**t?
Only Conservitives let there dogs s**t in public.
Im sure there are loads more but cant think of them at the moment.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 08:13   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Jones
The Labour Party is proposing extending the wardens with a Zero Tolerance approach and targeting of a) dog foulers b) dog poo alleys with instant £50 fines. We are working on a 'education' day for Turkey Street.

Graham Jones
How are they going to implement a 50 quid instant fine? Most people, especially if they're out taking their dog for a crap, don't carry that much money with them.

There certainly should be a zero tolerence approach; instant fines are no good because a) it's impossible to implement and b) it reduces the brevity of the offence. The offence of letting your dog crap in the street should be treated as no less than a criminal offence & those found in the process of committing the crime should be arrested, cautioned and removed to the police station and then given the option of paying the full £1000pds by arrangement or going before the courts...a guilty verdict would result in a five thousand quid fine and/or a minimum period of imprisonment.

Only such a policy will give us the clean streets we deserve. Don't let the animal lovers put you off.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 10:22   #19
Senior Member+

While on the subject of poo, why is nothing ever said about cat's leaving there mess everywhere.
Old 15-04-2004, 10:25   #20
God Member

...and the sames goes for cats. At the end of the day, there's only one decent sort of animal - and thats the sort you can eat. If you can't fry it, grill it, roast it or boil it, then forget it. All the rest are just a nuisance.
Old 15-04-2004, 10:28   #21
Senior Member+

You have such a good way of expressing yourself T. lol
Old 15-04-2004, 10:47   #22
God Member

I know..........
Old 15-04-2004, 11:23   #23
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I agree with the zero tolerance £1000 fine thingy. Being a dog owner who does clean up after my dog (albeit unpleasant) I can't abide others not doing so. The council would probably argue that it would be too costly to employ people to police this system, but if they did it, the wages and dog poo bins, and litter bins for that matter would be paid for by the fines. The fines from the back of Maudsley st alone would keep the system going for a year... Honestly it's really bad up there...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 11:25   #24

Gee, I'm glad I'm not a dog in Tealeafland................I've heard of Hot Dogs...and Cat on a hot tin roof....but...as usual...you're right.

The problem is not the animals...(they can't read or vote for the pollies), but the owners. If they are fined more than once they should loose their right to keep dogs etc., But as ever...it cannot be controlled as they've done away with dog licences!!

One of my neighbours lets his 3 dogs loose and they come into my garden and do their little uppsies on my grass. So I collect it, wait until I've got a plastic bag full and then tip it onto his driveway!!! He does'nt like it, especially when his car drives through it and squashes it allover the drive.

As for the"Budding Crufts" at theSports centre...Easy. Charge all attenders an extra 50p each for the removal of their dogs s**t. The employ a dog s**t removal officer or two at £5 an hour.

Cometh the hour...cometh the S**t removal officer
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2004, 12:27   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby
One of my neighbours lets his 3 dogs loose and they come into my garden and do their little uppsies on my grass. So I collect it, wait until I've got a plastic bag full and then tip it onto his driveway!!! He does'nt like it, especially when his car drives through it and squashes it allover the drive.

r
Typical Germans
Old 15-04-2004, 18:00   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Typical Germans
Ja wohl...Herr Teeblatter (that's German for Tealeaf!)
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 12:38   #27
God Member

I've just been reading the Telegraph website............it appears that teachers at Peel Park primary school are having to inspect the playing field area for dog dirt before they let the kids out....the headmaster has been threatened on several occaisions when challenging dog owners letting their dogs do the business...this is disgusting. Who are these scumbags that do this? It's not a teachers job to be confronted by this vermin in the pursuit of their jobs.........can tthe teachers not be supplied with cameras, get the piccy's, trace the culprits then hit 'em hard with heavy fines. We owe it to the kids to do so.
Old 20-05-2004, 17:24   #28

They could always use this method to keep the pavement clean.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2004, 19:35   #29

what about horse s**t she do more in 1 go than my dog in a month lol,i think they should carry a bucket and spade!!!
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2004, 19:40   #30
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Good fertiliser is horse manure. Everybody used to run out onto the street with a bucket and spade when I was a kid. Free fertiliser for their gardens..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..