Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 09:34   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Hyndburn has 262 Jedi's - anyone willing to own up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
That is half true.
It was about 15 yrs ago when he told me this so the chances are that things have got confused in my head since then lol

What half is true (hey, you dont find out if you dont ask lol) this way ill know in the future and not give out duff / half duff information
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2008, 09:39   #32
Resting in Peace

Like I said to my cousin Luke at the weekend The Force Be With You
Old 09-04-2008, 10:34   #33
God Member

A few years ago a friend of ours (a fan of Star Wars) got married on May the fourth.

I think it was a lucky coincidence that it was a Saturday that year and he got away with it with his missus without her realising until close to the time when all his friends were saying 'may the fourth be with you'.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:43   #34

Sunday this year may the 4th is.

Cos it rocks!!!

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)
MikeSz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 14:18   #35
God Member

yup i put myself down as a jedi knight to be exact on the census for the following reasons

a: there was a country wide attempt to get enough people to put it on the census to make it a legitimate religion and anything that makes a mockery of religion gets all the help it wants from me

b: out of the religions available jedi has both books and 6 dvds that dont bore the crap out of you

c: jedi followers are actualy aware that their religion is make believe and not to be taken seriously

d: as of yet i dont think any leaders of the jedi faith have been jailed for molesting children

e: im pretty sure i am correct when i say no one has flown a plane into a building in the name of yoda and as of yet there have been no jedi crusades

f: darth vader did not nail his son to the cross although admitidly he did chop off one of his hands

g: give me princess lea over the scabby prostitute magdeline any day

h: anyone who thinks this post is a serious reply should seek profesional help
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 14:49   #36
God Member

Got to say i did, though it was hilarious, the missus was going mad!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 15:50   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Got to say i did, though it was hilarious, the missus was going mad!!

lol advise her to follow advice given in H

ps:

got my youngest singing that kiss song in your little giff thingy and hes also inadvertantly picked up how many people want to kick some ass by stroke 9 , my ex missus wont be pleased either when she hears it im franticly playing other tunes but hes got that one stuck in his head lol

Last edited by accyman; 09-04-2008 at 15:53.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 16:48   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
lol advise her to follow advice given in H

ps:

got my youngest singing that kiss song in your little giff thingy and hes also inadvertantly picked up how many people want to kick some ass by stroke 9 , my ex missus wont be pleased either when she hears it im franticly playing other tunes but hes got that one stuck in his head lol

LOL, my little `un is obsessed with watching the live version on youtube and as for the Gene Simmons bass solo where he spits blood.........she`s mesmerised.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 19:34   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
sorry but this thread has made me laugh loads, i know its not really funny but i'm still sat here chuckling 4 hours after i first read it
Me too hon. I sense a deep belly laugh in the force
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 22:13   #40
Loz

I like it!
Why not list yourself as Jedi?
Imo religion is a farce and anything that takes away the seriousness of it is o.k by me!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..