Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 15:51   #181
Give, give, give member

Re: Hyndburn Homes - security compromised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topographic View Post
I'm not getting into arguments, I came on here to give information that people were asking about. If tenants want to make an official complaint they should go through HH complaints procedure.

HH is a small organisation, If I gave my position it would be easy to guess.

Sorry if you feel that way John but it is true.
You might be a ten year old nutter, pretending to speak in an offical capacity on behalf of Hyndburn Homes, for all anyone here knows.

Can't really see the problem really, with sharing the job you do with them.

It might have added a little clout to what you've been saying.

As you said, you're very busy, with jobs to do, so...

See ya.

Thanks for popping in.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2011, 12:58   #182
God Member

If indeed it was deemed the locks had to be removed straight away but were always going to be replaced once sourced then a simple note through the letterbox of all tenant's it affected explaining the problem probably would have reduced the amount of negativity that was created by the whole debacle!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 13:31   #183
God Member

It is now two weeks since locking facilities were removed.
As yet the only block, as far as I know, which has been provided with new locks is mine.
Whilst I am glad that my security has been restored, I do not propose to let this thread die until I get an answer to a question I posed to topographic earlier -
How soon will all locks be restored?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 13:47   #184
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
As yet the only block, as far as I know, which has been provided with new locks is mine.
Whilst I am glad that my security has been restored, I do not propose to let this thread die until I get an answer to a question I posed to topographic earlier -
the thread will go on forever then i forecast, doubt if he will return.
Old 11-08-2011, 13:57   #185
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the thread will go on forever then i forecast, doubt if he will return.
Maybe not - but telegraph_reporter likely will

Old 11-08-2011, 14:02   #186
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
If indeed it was deemed the locks had to be removed straight away but were always going to be replaced once sourced then a simple note through the letterbox of all tenant's it affected explaining the problem probably would have reduced the amount of negativity that was created by the whole debacle!!!
Exactly.

This seems to be more about face saving.

Saying only now, that new locks were going to be fitted anyway.

Residents weren't told that.

They were just told locks were being removed because it was deemed to be a fire hazard.

Old 11-08-2011, 14:06   #187
God Member

Surely the most cost effective way of replacing the locks would be to have the locksmiths replacing the locks as they removed the old ones?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 14:15   #188
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Surely the most cost effective way of replacing the locks would be to have the locksmiths replacing the locks as they removed the old ones?
I doubt that would have been possible.

I have a feeling that someone at Hyndburn Homes is frantically trying to source new, Fire Brigade approved locks.

Old 11-08-2011, 15:16   #189
God Member

Of course it's possible...it's easy...had these jokers got their act togeather.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 17:46   #190
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The reason they've probable done your block Margaret, is they were fed up of the ear ache as for them all being replaced I heard they have no money to replace them, which seems like par for the course
Old 11-08-2011, 17:47   #191
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
They did drop a not though every door on the estate Red
Old 11-08-2011, 17:49   #192
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Oh come on Tealeaf HH don't do effectiveness
Old 13-08-2011, 10:14   #193
Resting in Peace

Got A letter this morning from HH regarding the locks, now I'm not sure if all residents concerned have got a letter of this type or I have been singled out because I went public in the Obs about the problem. Normally when its a blanket drop they usually addressed Dear Resident and are delivered by had, but this one was address personally to me.

Basically the letter went into details about what actually went on and enclosed a couple of lines from Government Guidance. It then went on to detail what has been decided and when it will be carried out commencing the 15th August 2011.

Basically they are replacing the current locks with Euro-profile locks with thumb-turns to the inside for uPVC/composite doors and Nightlatch [without snibs] to communal entrance doors. That is the exact wording of the statement verbatim

After fitting of these locks two keys per lock will be given to each flat which will need to be signed for. wonderful

This letter was signed by Andrew Peak Lead Project Surveyor, asset Management Section

I'm really pleased that they have gone to all this trouble just for our safety, the only problem I have is this, if Mr Peak had have done a little surveying prior to the original locks being removed he may just have found out that the locks which were removed where exactly the same locks which they are now going to install, i.e A thumb turn on the inside of the door, no key needed, doh. In other words they have just undertaken an exercise in crass stupidity and a waste of money which COULD have been spent on other needy projects, you really couldn't make it up.
Old 13-08-2011, 10:25   #194
God Member

I have recieved the same letter today.
I was told that Andrew Peak was the man who attended the recent meeting called by the Fire Brigade .
I think this is him
Property Alliance Group
...there is no date on that webpage - could be some previous employer's 'news'

Old 13-08-2011, 16:40   #195
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Basically they are replacing the current locks with Euro-profile locks with thumb-turns to the inside for uPVC/composite doors and Nightlatch [without snibs] to communal entrance doors. That is the exact wording of the statement verbatim
They could fit mortice euro locks that would have fitted in place of the old locks as they are not expensive
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lock.jpg (7.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg cyl.jpg (7.4 KB, 3 views)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..