Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 00:59   #61
God Member

Re: Hyndburn local elections, 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
At least the Judges at the uman rights fiasco have said we can send Captain Hook off the be a guest of Mr & Mrs Obama, the only problem is we'll have to keep his brood here for the rest of their miserable lives

Im sure this will be spun into some cameron sticks it to the EU story eventually or look the EU works lets stay in it story.God knows what has been signed away to get this decision because they sure wernt budging on their decision the past few years so what changed all of a sudden?

The EU created a mess and decided to clear it up years down the line after most likely hundreds of thousands of £'s spent on legal aid,benefit and housing the scumbag.

Hope people dont loose sight of what a farce the EU is just becaus ethey eventually let us do what we should have been able to do no questions asked years ago

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2012, 08:40   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
I'm sure this will be spun into some cameron sticks it to the EU story eventually or look the EU works lets stay in it story.God knows what has been signed away to get this decision because they sure wernt budging on their decision the past few years so what changed all of a sudden?

The EU created a mess and decided to clear it up years down the line after most likely hundreds of thousands of £'s spent on legal aid,benefit and housing the scumbag.

Hope people dont loose sight of what a farce the EU is just becaus ethey eventually let us do what we should have been able to do no questions asked years ago
The European court of Human Rights and the European Union are two entirely separate bodies
Old 11-04-2012, 17:31   #63
God Member

I've just watched the Labour Party Election broadcast. Apparently voting Labour in the local elections will save the NHS. Can a Labour party member explain how this will work given the local elections do not change government ?
Old 11-04-2012, 17:37   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I've just watched the Labour Party Election broadcast. Apparently voting Labour in the local elections will save the NHS. Can a Labour party member explain how this will work given the local elections do not change government ?
Another example of why I call them the Liebour party , they just just so full of it ... But so are the others & yet people still vote for them

Cant wait for a reply from one of them
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 18:06   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well that won't be happening in Hyndburn Dave because they only concentrate on local issues, as was stated many times on here when their beloved party was in power. I'll bet that you'll see very little about what they done in the last 12 months and their election leaflets will be crammed with national issue, maybe because they've little to crow about since taking office, except removing the benches instead of the drunks and lets not forget the Kashmere episode.
Old 11-04-2012, 18:46   #66
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well that won't be happening in Hyndburn Dave because they only concentrate on local issues, as was stated many times on here when their beloved party was in power. I'll bet that you'll see very little about what they done in the last 12 months and their election leaflets will be crammed with national issue, maybe because they've little to crow about since taking office, except removing the benches instead of the drunks and lets not forget the Kashmere episode.
If Hyndburn councillors can take on the might of India, the N.H.S. should be a walk in the park for them.

Depending on them not stepping in a big pile of dog poo.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 18:50   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If Hyndburn councillors can take on the might of India, the N.H.S. should be a walk in the park for them.

Depending on them not stepping in a big pile of dog poo.
Well they can take the DNA when they're passing
Old 11-04-2012, 18:53   #68
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well they can take the DNA when they're passing

Sadly I won't be there to see it myself.

No benches.

Old 11-04-2012, 18:56   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Sadly I won't be there to see it myself.

No benches.
Ain't life a bitch so many promises
Old 11-04-2012, 20:31   #70
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Ain't life a bitch
She's probably in the DNA register.
Old 11-04-2012, 21:11   #71
God Member

Quote:
Well that won't be happening in Hyndburn Dave because they only concentrate on local issues, as was stated many times on here when their beloved party was in power. .
It's irrelevant which council it is, I'm not the greatest fan of politics and far from being an expert but since when do local elections change government policy. Local elections usually go against any government mid-term anyway, so whats the point of suggesting they can actually change policy. I just think the Labour party have wasted a stupid load of money on making a useless point
Old 11-04-2012, 21:23   #72

Quote:
It's irrelevant which council it is, I'm not the greatest fan of politics and far from being an expert but since when do local elections change government policy. Local elections usually go against any government mid-term anyway, so whats the point of suggesting they can actually change policy. I just think the Labour party have wasted a stupid load of money on making a useless point
Agreed
The 1689 Bill of Rights, which remains the law of the United Kingdom to this day and which incorporates the following oath: ‘I do declare that no foreign prince, person, prelate, state or potentate hath or ought to have any jurisdiction, power, superiority, pre-eminence or authority within this realm’
Wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 22:03   #73
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Dave, Hyndburn councillors are so good, as seen from us having no local problems, that they can now spend their time, not only passing motions on national issues, but are able to busy themselves solving complex international problems.

Hyndburn International Council.

Sort of what Tony Blair does now, but from the comfort of Accy Town Hall.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:39   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Couldn't agree more Dave, even though I have been politically aligned nearly all my life, I always said local politics would be a lot better without party diktat, lets face it if people have the good of the community at heart what does it matter which colour of badge you wear, the general public would end up the winners in the long run
Old 23-04-2012, 14:48   #75
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Has the horrible one quit or what?
No, he's up for election at the same time as me in 2014.

He'll be up for election as County Councillor next year.

Presuming you are talking about the one and only, of course....

One must feel sorry for him, Labour are apparently running a really dirty campaign this year.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..