Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2004, 20:29   #1
Full Member+

Talking Hyndburnlite..Good/Bad News

According to todays Observer, after only four weeks, Jane Law is now Hyndburns former e-envoy.On a brighter note the feedback for Hyndburnlite is overwhelmingly positive...which is nice!!
Old 19-11-2004, 21:56   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Hyndburnlite..Good/Bad News

So who exactly is this feedback from? Has anyone mentioned the fact that it's nigh on impossisble to access the forums?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 23:44   #3
God Member

The feedback was from Ms Outlaw, ex-e.mail envoy.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2004, 08:28   #4
God Member

I am still waiting for someone to explain to me what an "E-Envoy" is.

I have seen the article in the Observer, and I have to say it all sounds very nice and "with it" and "up to the minute". If only the reality matched up to the Advertising, Hyndburn might have something to be proud of. As it is, to say that Jane Law has been at this for a year, there seems precious little to show for her exertions.

Or is it rather the case, as Prince Charles pointed out this week, of putting people in positions for which they have neither the apptitude nor the experience.
Old 20-11-2004, 10:05   #5
Resident Waffler

Slightly off at a tangent here but I must say I agree with Prince Charles. Giving all children the idea that everyone can be a nuclear scientist regardless of ability is downright stupid.

By all means aspire to the best - as Donny Osmond's late mother said if you aim for the stars you might just reach the moon. The problem is that children of today are no longer content with the moon because they've been told they are all entitled to the stars.

It takes all sorts to make a world. We need shop assistants and road sweepers just as much as (and in Hyndburn's case, where the latter are concerned, definitely more than) brain surgeons and superstars - or e-envoys.

Old 20-11-2004, 10:44   #6

i never go out so i dont know what goes on :-(
LYNX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 12:53   #7
God Member

Ive just had a virtual plod across to the Hyndburnlite site. One month on from the launch and they still have not sorted out the registration problems. There appears to be about half a dozen people regularly contributing to the forum, which I must say, is extremely ill-tempered. Clearly, somewhere to be avoided.
Old 28-11-2004, 15:45   #8
Resident Waffler

Some of the coding has actually been tidied up but instead of accepting that there were problems and acknowledging the suggestions and solutions they chose to ignore them or even to blame the would-be members for not having suitable cookies.

It hasn't helped when people who have managed to register/log on without difficulty have then chosen to criticise those whose only crime was to attempt to offer constructive criticism with a view to solving the problems.

Ah well, that's £650,000 well spent.

Old 28-11-2004, 16:48   #9
God Member

What's been happening with Brian, Willow, has he been suspended?
Old 28-11-2004, 21:45   #10
Resident Waffler

I don't really know A-b. I think he has been getting more than a little cheesed off by the criticism when he was only trying to help.

He did get annoyed with one of the newer members. Someone else said he'd posted some racist and libelous things but I didn't see them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..