Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2004, 16:41   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Congratulations you are invited to the scam!

Yes folks today is my lucky day, I have just been informed on the phone that I have won $5,000.00p.

Yes, that's right me, £5,000.00p

Hold on a minute I'm one of the worlds most unlucky people, how could I? After all, if I fell into a barrel of T*ts I'd come out sucking my thumb!

Good old Radio 9, just a minute I've never heard of Radio 9! Not only that but if they can pull my telphone number out of a hat to give me that sort of money surely they would be generous enough to give me the details WITHOUT me having to ring an 090 premium rate number?

Hmmm, I may be unlucky, but dumb I ain't, stupid I ain't, generous enough to give them £1.50p per minute? You can **** off, I think I'll just have a quick google, Oh, look what I've found, some-one is already discussing the very same piece of luck that I've just had:-

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread/t-19176.html

If they call you don't call them!

After all you can't afford to keep them & the calm room going can you?

Last edited by Less; 27-11-2004 at 16:43.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-11-2004, 18:17   #2

Talking Re: Congratulations you are invited to the scam!

same here every weekend i seem to be the lucky winner...sounds good untill they want you to ring an 0898 number with your winning code which they dont give you........
Old 27-11-2004, 19:31   #3
I am Banned

Re: Congratulations you are invited to the scam!

they do your head in phoning up saying you have won a holiday or a car or £5000.

I just say can you tell me all the information about it, then put fone on chair and let them talk to thier self for a bit.
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2004, 20:23   #4

I've never had anything like this. I almost feel left out.
Old 27-11-2004, 21:35   #5
Senior Member+

I had something like this once, only it asked me to call an 0870 number (which is charged at national rates, so not too expensive).

In the message on the 0870 number it says that you need to call an 090 number, at which point I terminated the call...!
vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 10:11   #6

no never had one and dont really want one
Old 28-11-2004, 16:05   #7
Senior Member+

Basically if someone offers you loads of money relatively easily, its probably best to steer well clear.

Unless you're on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, of course!
Old 28-11-2004, 18:30   #8
I am Band

There's nothing relatively easy about Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I break into a sweat once the prize fund tops a grand.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2004, 19:16   #9
Beacon of light

I am fed up with phone calls like this.... they tell me I have won a holiday or a car.....I tell them not to waste my time and theirs and then I hang up.......although a friend of mine tells me that it is better to leave them talking to themselves and that the company is being charged all the time your phone is connected....so maybe next time leave it on the chair for a bit eh?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 05:21   #10

You deserve every penny you get Less....or whatever is deducted from your Swiss Bank Account (by the way is it numbered?)
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 07:10   #11
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
There's nothing relatively easy about Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I break into a sweat once the prize fund tops a grand.
Have any of you ever tried the "text in and win £1,000" when a contestant drops out? As I'm always shouting the answer at the screen I thought I'd have a go next time. Got the answer no problem. Got the text through in the allotted time - but then came what could only be described as "the crunch" - the TIE BREAKER! Text a given number and at some point following during the day you receive the tie-break question. You have 60 seconds from receiving the question to send in the correct answer.

I was half way up Bolton Road Blackburn when I received mine - it was "What is the height in feet of the Hoover Dam?" Answer in 60 seconds????? Hadn't a clue! I wonder if many people do win that £1,000.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2004, 09:22   #12
Senior Member+

I remember one episode I watched, I had an easier time answering the questions worth over £32,000 than the ones before!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..