Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2010, 06:33   #1
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
If only

Well the propaganda machine is rolling along merrily & this, should it turn out to be true will certainly help settle some of UK's finance problems. Views ?

Benefits frauds face lifetime welfare ban - Telegraph
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2010, 08:12   #2
Beacon of light

Re: If only

I'm pretty sure there will be some 'human rights' lawyer out there picking over the bones of this proposal.....ready to cry 'foul' and knock this proposal on the head.....after all anyone from the EU countries can come here and claim benefits without having paid a penny into the pot......how come?

so if, say in Romania, the benefit system is poor......their folk can come here and claim on our benefit system. Something wrong there surely.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 08:15   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I'm pretty sure there will be some 'human rights' lawyer out there picking over the bones of this proposal.....ready to cry 'foul' and knock this proposal on the head.....after all anyone from the EU countries can come here and claim benefits without having paid a penny into the pot......how come?

so if, say in Romania, the benefit system is poor......their folk can come here and claim on our benefit system. Something wrong there surely.
Well if eds in touch wi the public as he claims "That" should be a starting point.
Old 29-09-2010, 08:20   #4
Beacon of light

Cashy, the starting point would be to seize back the reins of power over our sovereignty from the EU. To make sure that any immigrant(wherever they come from) has the right skills to find a job in this country, and has the finances to support themselves for at least two years....during which time, if they are working they can pay into the communal pot........if you don't pay anything in, then don't expect us, the British tax payer, to fund yours and your family's lifestyle.

I would applaud such legislation.........and might even vote for a party which sorted out this unholy mess
Old 29-09-2010, 08:24   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Well the propaganda machine is rolling along merrily & this, should it turn out to be true will certainly help settle some of UK's finance problems. Views ?

Benefits frauds face lifetime welfare ban - Telegraph
Wouldn't it be nice if at the same time as tightening up the benefit system, they tried to plug a few holes in the sieve and became stricter with tax evaders as well?
I did read that they steal even more per year than the benefit criminals.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 08:31   #6
Resting in Peace

If they start in Westminster and slowly fan out across the country they should hit Birmingham just in time for the next election.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 08:33   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if at the same time as tightening up the benefit system, they tried to plug a few holes in the sieve and became stricter with tax evaders as well?
I did read that they steal even more per year than the benefit criminals.
yeh but evaders are harder to catch n also more likely to be better off n than the peasants, so its a knocking bet cameron n clegg won't bother about em, cos the top bankers seem to be getting away wi screwing the country, wonder if its owt to do wi which way there likely to vote?
Old 29-09-2010, 08:57   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeah but evaders are harder to catch n also more likely to be better off n than the peasants, so its a knocking bet cameron n clegg won't bother about em, cos the top bankers seem to be getting away we screwing the country, wonder if its out to do or which way there likely to vote?
Well you'd think that the last government would have made an attempt to eke out these tax evaders over 13 years, but we never heard so much as a mention about it
Old 29-09-2010, 09:00   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well you'd think that the last government would have made an attempt to eke out these tax evaders over 13 years, but we never heard so much as a mention about it
Back to history, this lot now are supposed to be the dogs bollocks according to you, you would think they would strive to put labour errors right.
Old 29-09-2010, 09:04   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Back to history, this lot now are supposed to be the dogs bollocks according to you, you would think they would strive to put labour errors right.
Rome wasn't built in a day
Old 29-09-2010, 09:05   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Rome wasn't built in a day
True Cameron reminds me of Nero.
Old 29-09-2010, 09:38   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
True Cameron reminds me of Nero.
The place was already burnt to the ground when Cameron arrived
Old 29-09-2010, 09:45   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
So according to you if the last Government did nothing then this new 'responsible' Government, you know the one, the one that so far is tending to use the poor to get us out of the so called mess, doesn't need to do anything about tax evasion either?

Accordingly then, the last Government did nothing for 13 years to rain in the scroungers so why in that case should this Government?

Surely the new Government should set their own standards and prove themselves worthy to all walks of life by attacking all levels of fraud?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 10:10   #14
Beacon of light

One of the politicians recently said that Tax evasion was as bad as benefit fraud....and I agree.......there is the 'legal' sort...you know, the one where you pay an accountant to find all the possible loopholes, and then there is the illegal sort........there should be no difference in either kind.

I do not get a chance to get away with screwing the taxman, because they take my money before I have even clapped eyes on it........and yet if HMRC decide that they have miscalculated they can still sting me for what they think I owe, plus interest.

It seems to me that there are lots and lots of problems which need sorting out, but Taxation and benefits come top of the list.......but have they(the government) got the cojones to tackle problems which would ultimately make them unpopular?

Answers on a postcard......I don't think you would need more space than that.
Old 29-09-2010, 10:13   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
So according to you if the last Government did nothing then this new 'responsible' Government, you know the one, the one that so far is tending to use the poor to get us out of the so called mess, doesn't need to do anything about tax evasion either?

Accordingly then, the last Government did nothing for 13 years to rain in the scroungers so why in that case should this Government?

Surely the new Government should set their own standards and prove themselves worthy to all walks of life by attacking all levels of fraud?

I think you may find that is one of the areas that this govenment aim to tighten up Less

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..