Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2008, 15:31   #16
Senior Member+

Re: If This Happened To A Non-Immigrant English Person..

they cant recover anything as most likely half the stuff wasnt in his name. thats where the govt gets caught out and these criminals get away wtih it... its the whole having a fwe accounts in different names of ppl u trust who are legit
Old 15-03-2008, 16:29   #17
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thats why they're students loz, well some of them. and we don't shoot her down in flames, its just in a blaze
LOL
Having never been a student myself (college or uni) i have never understood the know it all attitude they give off constantly!
Old 16-03-2008, 11:00   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
LOL
Having never been a student myself (college or uni) i have never understood the know it all attitude they give off constantly!
Niether have I los, but at 61 I'm big enough and ugly enough to say I don't know it all, and at my age I'm still learning. When I first started work there was one thing you never said to your elders and that was "I KNOW" because they'd never tell you anything again if you did
Old 16-03-2008, 18:13   #19
God Member

I once got this response from an immigrant who was in the pub drinking his benefit money, and I asked why he claimed benefits and house etc when he worked, he said 'because I can, because your system allows it' enough said, and enough blaming the benefit cheats, it is the system that nees to change, if we could get away with it, how many would'nt?
Old 17-03-2008, 12:10   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
I once got this response from an immigrant who was in the pub drinking his benefit money, and I asked why he claimed benefits and house etc when he worked, he said 'because I can, because your system allows it' enough said, and enough blaming the benefit cheats, it is the system that nees to change, if we could get away with it, how many would'nt?
I think some would say there are already too many people doing it - but this is a very hot topic indeed. Its the old welfareism vs going out and getting a job and there are already plenty of threads that relate to it on here. I heard someone say only this weekend that there is now a fourth class of people (as opposed to upper, middle and working) which is the welfare class - those who have no intention of going to work and will quite happily consume daytime TV all day. I dont however think that anyone is going to be able to solve that one anytime soon.

Cos it rocks!!!

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)
MikeSz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2008, 14:58   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSz View Post
I think some would say there are already too many people doing it - but this is a very hot topic indeed. Its the old welfareism vs going out and getting a job and there are already plenty of threads that relate to it on here. I heard someone say only this weekend that there is now a fourth class of people (as opposed to upper, middle and working) which is the welfare class - those who have no intention of going to work and will quite happily consume daytime TV all day. I dont however think that anyone is going to be able to solve that one anytime soon.
Think the real problem is MikeSz nobody has the political guts to solve this problem, same as the immigration one, Enoch Powell once took the bull by the horns and was DESTROYED politically for doing so. theres too many of the P.C. brigade nowadays, sad but true.
Old 17-03-2008, 17:08   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Think the real problem is MikeSz nobody has the political guts to solve this problem, same as the immigration one, Enoch Powell once took the bull by the horns and was DESTROYED politically for doing so. theres too many of the P.C. brigade nowadays, sad but true.
Cashy its not even sad its a disgrace
Old 17-03-2008, 18:15   #23
Junior Member+

Unhappy Re: If This Happened To A Non-Immigrant English Person..

I have been tols that anyone coming to work in England from the EU can claim child allowance even if the children are still living in the country where they came from. Have we gone mad.
We in my opinion would not get the same treatment abroad and are expected to adopt their lifestyle and culture. We seem to liedown, and roll over for every one to walk over.
I was working in London last week (which I do a lot) and the area I was in was totally restructured to a different lifestyle than English.
I have forms that have to be completed for Ethnicity every ethnic origin is on there, but not English.
I have got very worried over the last twelve months that we may be swallowed up and taken over before people realise what has happened.
Am I being paranoid???
motherhubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2008, 18:31   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

yer not paranoid mother hubbard,yer correct, its a national disgrace,as jaysay puts it. n the blame cannot be put at the door of any party, they are all as bad,as history has proved.
Old 17-03-2008, 19:07   #25
Yank in King Art's Court!

What a sad state of affairs. Rulings like this will just encourage even more piking off the system. We have many of these same problems like this over here but at least those caught suffer the consequences.

IMO, the US' reform of the welfare system during the Reagan years has done a great job at getting able body people back into the work force. It is my understanding that many of these people, though very reluctant at first, have become good workers. This has helped them to break a long cycle of families stuck in the American welfare trap.

It has also made them valued tax payers! Hence the government has even more money to waste of their pet projects or expensive call girls!

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2008, 19:10   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
What a sad state of affairs. Rulings like this will just encourage even more piking off the system. We have many of these same problems like this over here but at least those caught suffer the consequences.

IMO, the US' reform of the welfare system during the Reagan years has done a great job at getting able body people back into the work force. It is my understanding that many of these people, though very reluctant at first, have become good workers. This has helped them to break a long cycle of families stuck in the American welfare trap.

It has also made them valued tax payers! Hence the government has even more money to waste of their pet projects or expensive call girls!
well the yanks may not be perfect,but at least they did summat about it,more than i can say for our "Gutless" lot.
Old 17-03-2008, 19:19   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
Brian, sorry to burst your Republican bubble but the US welfare reform act was introduced and passed during the 1st Clinton term in 1996, yep, the bad ole nasty Democrats did it

Welfare Reform Turns Ten: Evidence Shows Reduced Dependence, Poverty
by Christine Kim and Robert Rector
WebMemo #1183
The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (PRWORA) replaced the failed social program Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) with a block grant program, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF). The reform legislation had three goals: 1) to reduce welfare dependence and increase employment; 2) to reduce child poverty; and 3) to reduce out-of-wedlock childbearing and strengthen marriage. In the ten years since its enactment, welfare reform has succeeded in each of these areas.

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..