Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2007, 19:19   #1

imperial pub

anyone got any info on the imperial pub accrington i have been in a couple of times .they are looking for a manager.
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2007, 19:39   #2
God Member

Re: imperial pub

ive never been in myself...isnt ann still there? my mate works behind the bar and her bloke does the karaoke there, seen her today she hasnt mentioned anything
Old 02-04-2007, 19:55   #3

advertised in jobcenter
Old 02-04-2007, 20:13   #4
God Member

I can probably get you some info from somebody who worked there recently. What do you need to know ?
Old 03-04-2007, 05:15   #5

what type of punts .what they things the pub do.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:47   #6
I am Banned

its has a classy clientelle pmsl!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:25   #7
God Member

put it this way davo, i'd never ever go in there myself, its a bit of a dive shall we say
Old 03-04-2007, 12:27   #8
God Member

Just come past and noticed a sign outside saying Kareoke tonight at 8pm. Might be worth going in to see what sort of life there is. Last time I was in there a few 'old' crooners were up for this. Hopefully they might even be in tune tonight
Old 03-04-2007, 12:43   #9

Its a DUMP!

some lovely people go in there, if you like class! lol

Tracey

'The views expressed here are my own and are not necessarily those of the site'
Traceyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:48   #10
God Member

my mate john does the karaoke in there, ive phoned mi mate nik and she said its advertised in the job center for a new manager
Old 03-04-2007, 13:40   #11
Resting in peace

I remember the Imp well, it had a side door you could nip out of, they led to some steps into King St, it was handy if it was your turn to pay, or you didn't fancy 'bag of spanners' you'd got lumbered with.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 14:24   #12
I am Banned

didnt the clientel fall out with the landlord and burn the pub down last year or was it the year before , time flies lol but i remember been told that the place got torched because he barred somone or somthing

well lets just say in all my years in accy i have never heard a good word said about the place
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 16:32   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
put it this way davo, i'd never ever go in there myself, its a bit of a dive shall we say
Now your only being fussy just because most of the clientele are coverd in tattoos and always drunk, and thats only the women ,its not too bad
just go in team handed
moonshiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 17:34   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshiner View Post
Now your only being fussy just because most of the clientele are coverd in tattoos and always drunk, and thats only the women ,its not too bad
just go in team handed

lol ya daft get....its bloody horrible, me n tinks once walked in there about 13 years ago...walked through one door and then straight back out the other....not the most desireable of public house i must say
Old 03-04-2007, 18:03   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshiner View Post
most of the clientele are coverd in tattoos and always drunk, and thats only the women
Not been in for about 25 years, when I used to use it as a "refuelling stop" on my way into town. The customers sound like they've improved! Might nip in for a quick pint on Saturday lunchtime, just out of curiosity...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..