Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 12:59   #16
God Member

Re: in todays telegraph.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
well perhaps the driver should have thought about his family before acting like an idiot on the roads , i would hate to loose my children by any method but i wont be sympathetic towards a clown who only had themselves to blame for what happened to them , i feel sorry for the poor sod in the passanger seat fighting for her life and her family because her boyfriend had to not only put his life in danger but his passangers as well , not to mention anyone else that may have been in the area

once the story hits the press people will make comments , some not pleasant to hear but i highly doubt we are the only people calling this young lad an idiot
At no point did I say that this lad wasn't an idiot! I was only pointing out that the family are innocent parties in this and DO deserve our sympathy.The driver of the other car he was overtaking has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving!! As others said just so glad that there were no other innocent bystanders hurt especially after he hit 3 vehicles before the car stopped in the garden wall!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2006, 13:33   #17
God Member

Where does that leave the parents of the guy that caused the accident as they have to live with the knowledge of their sons actions? Sympathy hatred distrust ostrisization from the nieghbourhood?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 19:57   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Where does that leave the parents of the guy that caused the accident as they have to live with the knowledge of their sons actions? Sympathy hatred distrust ostrisization from the nieghbourhood?
To be perfectly honest. I think the major contributor to this death was the lad who died himself. His punishment was death, the other lad if the charges stick, will have to face the courts punishment but having to live with the knowledge that he contributed to his friends death will probably be the worst punishment of all.

Lets hope this horrendous death can make one other person stop and think before getting into some stupid act of racing with others on the roads and prevent another needless death!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:06   #19
I am Banned

A 22-year-old man died and a woman was seriously injured when their speeding car went out of control as they overtook a friend's vehicle in a residential street

hmm

i dont see the charges of causing death sticking the driver of teh overtaking car was clearly at fault i dont see how the driver of the car been overtook can be blamed because his friend decided to overtake him at 60mph

i suppose the police have to be seen to be doing somthing but at the most the guy who was overtook was maybe speeding and his friend decided to go faster and overtake

if you overtake me and crash into a wall is that my fault or yours...?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:23   #20
God Member

I suppose it depends on what happened before the deceased decided to make the deadly manouvere. I can imagine there was a fair amount of boy racer racing going on!!

Old 12-01-2006, 12:22   #21
God Member

Chav it would be the resposibility of the one doing the overtaking.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 13:59   #22
God Member

Sat here reading this I would like to ask everyone a question

Have you EVER done anything that you look back on as being a stupid or dangerous thing?

You were probably lucky and got away with it, In this case who is to know if this was just a one off moment of boyish madness? I know when I was a lad of that age I drove too quickly and took a lot more chances than I would ever consider now. I think the difference is that evrytime I go out in the car I know I am taking a risk. I see some absolute horror scenes on the motorways and probably take evasive action at least twice a week to avoid an accident where someone makes a mistake. The mass availability of cars nowadays means that people take them for granted. They really don't realise just how much damage they can cause or can be caused to them. I agree with Bazf that we should show people what a car accident looks like.

Young people dying at the wheel of cars has been happening since cars first went on the roads. Short of making the legal age for driving close to 30 you will never stop it. Cars nowadays are a thousand time safer than in my younger days, back then that crash would probably have killed everyone in the car. Be grateful that we have made progress and someone walked away.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 14:00   #23
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Sat here reading this I would like to ask everyone a question

Have you EVER done anything that you look back on as being a stupid or dangerous thing?
Yes, and not that long ago...............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 14:48   #24
Resting in peace

Anybody who does 60 mph on Livesey Branch Road is obviously suicidal or out of their mind. I have always thought that people done for speeding/drink driving ought to be made to attend A&E Depts to help clean up after major traffic accidents. It might bring home to them the likely consequences.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 18:14   #25
God Member

To the question entwisi ask no not that put someones life in peril for a kick oh addrenilin high.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 19:13   #26
God Member

Never sped? Never done an overtake that was maybe a boit closer than you thought?

Old 12-01-2006, 19:59   #27
Resident Waffler

Like Spuggie I have never done anything that endangered the life of anyone else either. I might have done a few daft things like climbing a tree which overhung a long drop down to a river. My Gran was forever telling me that it would come out by the roots and I'd be "down the Swanee" to which I would reply that it was the Almond and not the Swanee and I'd get a clip round the ear!

I think the tree is still there to this day, and so am I.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 20:19   #28
God Member

The thing is Willow just like you didn't think you were endangering anyone else probably so did this lad. We all agree that one of the biggest victims are the lads parents, would it have been any diferent to your parents if you had fallen and broke your neck?

People do daft things, its what make use human.

There is a saying,

You start out with a full jar of luck and an empty jar of experience, the trick is to fill the second before the first runs out

Old 12-01-2006, 20:21   #29
Resting In Peace

Driving is the same as life in general you cannot buy experience, it has to be gained, the hard way or the easy way. Regarding driving I personally have learned the easy way by others "mistakes", unfortunately I don't think there is an easy solution to the problem as young people and in particular young men at late teen/early 20s are disadvantaged by surging hormones and bravado coupled with a "need for speed", this is a lethal mixture particularly on the roads today, this coupled with a desire to impress a member of the opposite sex sets the scene for disaster. To sum up I personally don't think there is a quick fix to this problem, it has been with us as long as I have been driving (almost 30 years). It is impossible to put an old head on young shoulders, I think those of us who have survived adolescence in one piece should be extremely grateful indeed.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..