Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 15:11   #16
I am Banned

Re: Indicators

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...9&in_a_source=

Thats in todays Daily Mail. Ok its a woman who has re-sat her test but how many people would pass their test again?
I think quite a few would fail the test nowadays
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2006, 15:18   #17
Senior Member+

Got up this morning to find somebody has reversed into the side of my car. The front wing to be presise. Judging by the height and paintmarks left it has been done by a white van.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 15:43   #18
Senior Member+

ahh the age old problem
but what you dont realise is the pillocks on these really expensive cars cant afford the optional extras like...... INDICATOR BULBS!!!!

(bit like bus drivers eh busman lol)
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 15:50   #19
Give, give, give member

Drives me mad too.

People who don't use them properly get a V-sign and 'w*nker' shouted at them, either if I'm driving or on foot.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 16:04   #20
God Member

Worst thing is people just putting the brakes on right up to a corner and then finally putting the indicators on when they are about to turn!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 16:27   #21
Len
God Member

Yep, it’s got to be mini-roundabouts that gets on my chest. Hehe
I’ve sat there many a time giving way to the vehicle on the round about only for them to suddenly turn left whereas I could have gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
At a pelican crossing when the green light is on it's extremely dangerous. If the motorist waving the pedestrain across the road is close to the kerb it is not unreasonable for a motorist driving up from behind to think he has parked in a stupid place and therefore will actually drive past because you wouldn't expect a pedestrian to be crossing when the lights are green !!
At pelican crossings I though it was illegal to park/ over take in the zig zaged area.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 16:28   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

your quite correct kipax, the dumb gits are the bain of my life. and more often than not its usually the snotty gets not just beamer drivers.
Old 07-12-2006, 16:30   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
At pelican crossings I though it was illegal to park/ over take in the zig zaged area.

Yes it is but how many times have you seen cars parked in the zig zag. What do you to get past them ?
Old 07-12-2006, 16:40   #24
I am Banned

this is not a fault with any car

its lazy incoinsiderate bastards who have no regard for anyone else behind them because the law says if your behind then its your fault no matter what the idiot in front of you does or fails to do

also pedestrians woudl like to have some notice of whatr a car is going to do before they cross a road and not have to dive out of teh way when a car decides suddenly to turn

anyone can drive around for a day before they realise their indicators are bust but theres no excuse for not noticing it after a few days seen as your supposed to check them regular infact i think the rules are you have to check them before each journey so when a copper pulls you then you dont have an argument and how the hell people can say they didnt notice they had a headlight out is beyond me as you can tell instantly by the lack of illumination

also fog lights , these are for fog you f ing morons not to make your car look pretty so if its not foggy switch the things off

but as usual as i have said many times before the traffic police in accrington can be right next to somone breaking the traffic laws and they wont even bat an ewyelid and will just carry on driving

only last week 2 taxis were parked on teh double yellow lines outside the bingo hall right up to the traffic lights at glynn webb causing a huge obstruction and teh traffic cop simply drove on by after swerving around them, that junction is bad enough infact i think there are white zigzags there but ime not 100% on that

too much paper work probably

Last edited by chav1; 07-12-2006 at 16:43.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 16:41   #25
Len
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Yes it is but how many times have you seen cars parked in the zig zag. What do you to get past them ?
To be honest I don’t think I’ve seen any, but having said that I don’t drive for a living, only drive when needed. If there was someone parked on the zig zap I would probably, if clear quietly creep by.

Oh..... and I would indicate to let others know I am about to pass.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 16:42   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len View Post
Oh..... and I would indicate to let others know I am about to pass.

Show off pmsl
Old 07-12-2006, 16:46   #27
I am Banned

you are supposed to indicate before ANY change of direction

granted i have hit the wipers by mistake occasionaly lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 17:01   #28
God Member

My daughters pet hate ie cars that dont indicate. She gets mad at it when it happens but gets pedestrian road rage when its at roundabouts especially if they are in the wrong lane for the direction they then go.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..