Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-07-2007, 20:16   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Is this my new wheelie bin?

About a fortnight ago I put my bin out, I was late collecting it, (about 10.30), it had vanished, disappeared gone for ever.

So I emailed Hyndburn council, could I please have a replacement? I got a prompt reply please expect a replacement within six weeks in the mean time on collection day you have our permission to put out 6 bin bags.

Yippee! I can still get rid of rubbish, today has been a reasonable sunny day, so I went out to enjoy the last of it in the sun trap in my back yard. In front of the bench was a wheelie bin that had been thrown over the backyard wall, it isn't new it isn't clean it has no identity, (bar codes etc, etc), is this my replacement? Or has a neighbour now lost their bin? I do hope someone can inform me before I fill it with the 'carp' I have been leaving in my back yard.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-07-2007, 20:29   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Is this my new wheelie bin?

So now you can fill a wheelie bin and 6 bags for the next 6 weeks
Old 30-07-2007, 20:45   #3
God Member

talking of bins and bin days, got a thing through the door this morning(the shuttle) to say the weekly collections will be back on in blackburn in the autumn...when are the reinstating accys?
Old 30-07-2007, 20:49   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
talking of bins and bin days, got a thing through the door this morning(the shuttle) to say the weekly collections will be back on in blackburn in the autumn...when are the reinstating accys?
As far as I know,they're not.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 20:51   #5
God Member

its been on the news about EVERYONE getting back to weekly collections, that David Cameron was on about it a few weeks ago
Old 30-07-2007, 21:12   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
No idea, but apparently people in Blackburn with Darwen will get a small wheelie bin for non-recyclable rubbish, which will be collected weekly. The large wheelie bin we currently have will be used for recycled waste (bottle, cans, etc), which will be collected every 2 weeks.
Old 30-07-2007, 21:25   #7
God Member

are you from blackburn too tm? round where i live we have had fortnightly collections for nearly 4 years, ive got used to it now, i also recycle and most weeks i HARDLY have any rubbish at all (other than waste food which i know i should compost) so it wont make the slightest difference to me being back on weeklys
Old 30-07-2007, 21:35   #8

Thats good if they go back to a weekly collections i am glad ive seen your post lets see if it comes back to once a week.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 21:41   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
are you from blackburn too tm? round where i live we have had fortnightly collections for nearly 4 years, ive got used to it now, i also recycle and most weeks i HARDLY have any rubbish at all (other than waste food which i know i should compost) so it wont make the slightest difference to me being back on weeklys
I live just south of Darwen, but come under the Blackburn with Darwen council.

I recycle alot of my rubbish and buy very little convenience food, which keeps the non-recyclable rubbish to a minimum. I have no more than a bag or two of rubbish in my grey bin each fortnight, so like you Flashy, it won't make much difference to me.
Old 30-07-2007, 23:22   #10

i had my brand new weelybin stolen but i found it and took it back and painted my door number all over it it cost me 21.00 quid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
About a fortnight ago I put my bin out, I was late collecting it, (about 10.30), it had vanished, disappeared gone for ever.

So I emailed Hyndburn council, could I please have a replacement? I got a prompt reply please expect a replacement within six weeks in the mean time on collection day you have our permission to put out 6 bin bags.

Yippee! I can still get rid of rubbish, today has been a reasonable sunny day, so I went out to enjoy the last of it in the sun trap in my back yard. In front of the bench was a wheelie bin that had been thrown over the backyard wall, it isn't new it isn't clean it has no identity, (bar codes etc, etc), is this my replacement? Or has a neighbour now lost their bin? I do hope someone can inform me before I fill it with the 'carp' I have been leaving in my back yard.
madmal_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2007, 00:21   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just a thought, if someones nicked yer bin Less, will they be able to tell who? after all they have this magnificent micro-chip in em.
Old 31-07-2007, 00:22   #12
Give, give, give member

Rindy Rodgers- 'Less, here is your final clue.'

'I can DRIVE you away for a month and a day, on a CARpet of joy, your very own toy.
The GEAR you will find will blow up your mind, as you take a RIDE on the leather in side.'

Less- 'Is it the car?'

Rindy Rodgers- 'Well Less, rubbish is driven away, often including old carpets and toys. Litter gets blown about on windy days, even old bits of leather that have fallen out of...a bin!'

Rindy Rodgers- 'I'm so sorry Less.'
'Bring in our old friend Dusty Bin.'

Rindy Rodgers- 'See you all next week.'

'for God's sake Less wave!'

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2007, 00:31   #13
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
No idea, but apparently people in Blackburn with Darwen will get a small wheelie bin for non-recyclable rubbish, which will be collected weekly. The large wheelie bin we currently have will be used for recycled waste (bottle, cans, etc), which will be collected every 2 weeks.
Where's this info come from ? May be ignorant here,but I've not seen or heard anything of this !! Personally speaking, I think that they (the council) should have the means to collect ALL collections weekly. Don't forget, we have the paper / cardboard collection as well. After all, what are we paying all this council tax for?????

And Before anyone starts, I'm aware that we pay for the Police / Fire / Emergency services !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2007, 00:34   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Where's this info come from ? May be ignorant here,but I've not seen or heard anything of this !!

Bins The Great Debate (from Lancashire Telegraph)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2007, 07:09   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It was also in the 'free' paper we get occasionally, The Shuttle. If I'm getting it in Darwen, I'm sure all Blackburn residents are getting at least one copy.

Paper/cardboard will still be collected via the white/blue bags we currently have. Garden waste bins will be collected as normal, if I remember correctly.

Rindy Rodgers - I think you have too much time on your hands

Last edited by Tin Monkey; 31-07-2007 at 07:13.
Tin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..