Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2008, 20:45   #1
God Member

Is This Right?

My daughter has just found out today that a paedophille has been living next door to her for the last six months. He has been convicted and is on the sex offender register. He was lifted the other day for allegedly committing further offences. I am so angry at the thought of a perv being put in their midst and he has more rights than my grandchildren. Surely they and the other kids in the area deserve the right to be protected from people like this!!!!
Old 21-11-2008, 21:18   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Is This Right?

we had one across the road, only found out when he messed with my friends grandaughter.... its not right, they are putting our children at risk to look after people that dont deserve it.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2008, 21:31   #3
God Member

What gets me is they are protected and sod the kids who's lives they ruin.
Old 21-11-2008, 23:40   #4
Give, give, give member

Is it right?

No it isn't.

There is no cure for pedophilia, and therefore if there is the slightest chance they could harm another child they should be locked away for ever.

Last edited by Mick; 22-11-2008 at 05:19.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 06:36   #5
God Member

Its not right at all, its bloody disgusting, people have the right to know if someone like this is going to become a neighbour.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 07:13   #6
God Member

Can understand where you are coming from , BUT the parents have to take some responsibility ......example ....this happened last night ....I live in a gated community , we have to buzz outsiders in, last night there was a knock at my door about 6.30 pm ( it had gone dark) and four kids who I recognized from the complex were there with a sign off sheet from the local primary school collecting money for new instruments for the school band , signed it and sent them on there way ......10 minutes later , another knock , this time ONE little girl aged about 8 asking for the same thing ...... I think she lives in the complex , but am not sure , but NO WAY should she have been out alone .
Today I spoke to one of complex's owners association about this and voiced my concerns about all the recent move-out and move-ins , no-one knows who these new folks are or anything ......result .........oh ...do you think we have a problem .....DOH .
No I dont think/know if we have a problem , But a young girl should NOT have been out knocking on doors without adult supervion or being in a group.
just my 2 cents
thanks
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 08:25   #7
God Member

"gated community"
So sad that you need to imprison yourself in order to feel safe

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2008, 08:30   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
"gated community"
So sad that you need to imprison yourself in order to feel safe
Cliff Richard has lived in one in Surrey for years.

Old 22-11-2008, 09:04   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Is it right?

No it isn't.

There is no cure for pedophilia, and therefore if there is the slightest chance they could harm another child they should be locked away for ever.
I disagree Rindi there is a cure, it entails a very sharp knife.
Old 22-11-2008, 09:10   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I disagree Rindi there is a cure, it entails a very sharp knife.
Sadly there have been cases where pedophiles have been castrated, and have still gone on to reoffend.

Old 22-11-2008, 09:15   #11
Resting in Peace

The thing we have here is another case of human rights, this scum have more rights than a parent who wants to safeguard their kids. As Rindi has said there is no cure (apart from the one I suggested) for these people, so they must be kept away from children with people are not allowed to know where they are. When any one molests a child, to me they lose any right to be treated as a human being, but we keep being told that they have human rights and there are people only to willing to defend them at public expense, who they sleep at night is beyond me
Old 22-11-2008, 09:16   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Sadly there have been cases where pedophiles have been castrated, and have still gone on to reoffend.
Just depends where else you use the knife
Old 22-11-2008, 09:19   #13
Give, give, give member

Sadly some people believe in the concept of free speech so much that these people would have a platform to spout their perverted ideas.

I do not.

Old 22-11-2008, 10:27   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Sadly some people believe in the concept of free speech so much that these people would have a platform to spout their perverted ideas.

I do not.
As do any right minded people Rindi, but while we have shyster lawyers who defend this scum we're all going to hell on a handcart
Old 22-11-2008, 10:38   #15
Senior Member+

Well, my opinion is keep them locked up for ever. Problem solved. If not then people in the area should be informed.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..