Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2006, 13:46   #1
Resident Waffler

Isn't it really frustrating when.........

........you've been given a date for admission to hospital, got your bag packed all ready and you're just about to leave when they ring up and say "Oh don't come in today. We don't want you until tomorrow."

I wouldn't mind but at the pre-op last Friday I'd actually said I couldn't understand why they wanted me at 2pm today when my op isn't scheduled until 3pm tomorrow but the doc had insisted that I MUST be there 24 hours in advance! Now they say they don't want me until noon tomorrow!

Now I'll have to unpack my toothbrush again.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2006, 13:52   #2
God Member

Re: Isn't it really frustrating when.........

they usually do that when there is an emergency thats just come in, unfortunately the cannot predict emergencies, better for them to ring you than having you waiting about on the ward for a bed when there isnt one
Old 28-11-2006, 13:55   #3
God Member

Instead of complaining, when don't you just go private and thus remove yourself from the NHS waiting list? Then the rest of us who are on the waiting list and are prepared to put up with the occaisional inconveniance might not have so long to wait.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 14:14   #4
Resident Waffler

There is no emergency. If there had been an emergency I would have fully understood that but this is just the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

When I went for the pre op last Friday I queried the fact of having to go in more than 24 hours before the op was due and was told I had to, then today just as I was about to go I was told I didn't have to be there today and to stay at home. Go in at noon tomorrow they said.

I've just had a phone call after posting this thread to say that now they want me in at 9am tomorrow.

Pardon me Tealeaf for not being able to afford to go private. I do apologise

Hey with a bit of luck I might turn out to have an inoperable cancer and I'll pop my clogs and then you won't have to worry about me clogging up the NHS waiting list and being an inconvenience to you. I'm sure you'll be glad to see the back of me.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 14:22   #5
Give, give, give member

Teabag's probably just a bit grouchy, as he waits for his funny bone replacement operation.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 14:24   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Teabag's probably just a bit grouchy, as he waits for his funny bone replacement operation.

hope his operation goes better than what yours did
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 14:36   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
hope his operation goes better than what yours did
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mike-a.jpg (256.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Len; 28-11-2006 at 18:09. Reason: image too large.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 14:38   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Pardon me Tealeaf for not being able to afford to go private. I do apologise

Good. You're getting this treatment for nowt. As the old saying goes, beggars can't be choosers.
Old 28-11-2006, 14:42   #9
I am Banned

carefull mate you cant say c*** in anything goes so i doubt you can put that in gen discusion

whats wrong with carp i dont know

Last edited by Len; 28-11-2006 at 18:15. Reason: quote too lage.
Old 28-11-2006, 15:07   #10
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: Isn't it really frustrating when.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Good. You're getting this treatment for nowt. As the old saying goes, beggars can't be choosers.
Really Tealeaf? How do you figure that?

What do you think the National Insurance contributions were for?
Old 28-11-2006, 15:12   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post

to pay for imigrants healthcare who have never paid a penny into the nhs or tax system

also to pay high wages to pen pushers

if every penny of NI went where it should we wouldnt have half the trouble we have now with the nhs

anyway differnt topic so best leave that one alone lol

Last edited by chav1; 28-11-2006 at 15:14.
Old 28-11-2006, 15:14   #12
God Member

Quote:

Well, if you care to read your history books you will see that Lloyd George and Churchill introduced National Insurance contributions to fund the state retirement pension and unemployment benefit some forty years before the advent of the NHS, so they weren't for that.

Whats your next question?

Last edited by Tealeaf; 28-11-2006 at 15:17.
Old 28-11-2006, 15:17   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Well, if you care to read your history books you will see that Lloyd George and Churchill introduced National Insurance to fund the state retirement pension and unemployment benefit some forty years before the advent of the NHS, so they weren't for that.

i dont think there will be one he may be busy drinking that nice warm cup of STFU you just served him lol
Old 28-11-2006, 15:23   #14
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Isn't it really frustrating when.........

Quote:
Well, if you care to read your history books you will see that Lloyd George and Churchill introduced National Insurance contributions to fund the state retirement pension and unemployment benefit some forty years before the advent of the NHS, so they weren't for that.

That may well have been the case in years gone by but since the NHS came on stream NI contributions also funded the NHS.
Old 28-11-2006, 15:36   #15
God Member

Quote:
That may well have been the case in years gone by but since the NHS came on stream NI contributions also funded the NHS.
NI contributions went the same as Income Tax, Death duties, VAT, Exise, betting tax, stamp duty....all into the same government pot. No UK government has ever practised hypothesization, so your NI funded lots of things from teachers to trident missiles, just as booze and fag tax went towards the NHS. No government has committed a set proportion of NI to funding the NHS.

I'll let you have another go.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..