Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 21:33   #1
God Member

Italian Facist Police

Whats going on? Man Utd supporters can't even go to watch a football game without getting your head kicked in?.. if this happened at an English game the Police involved would have been taken off duty

These "police" are taking liberties with British citizens!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2007, 22:03   #2
Resting in peace

Re: Italian Facist Police

If the man united so called supporters had behaved in a responsible manner, the Italian Police would not have been needed.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 22:09   #3
God Member

Cheers Ian.. backing up the "other lot" this time I see!
Old 06-04-2007, 22:33   #4
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Cheers Ian.. backing up the "other lot" this time I see!
Football supporters or fans macie that support or are fans of any other club than their home town club, are not fans or suppoters in the spirit of the game. They are pureley and simply 'success followers' Man U, Liverpool, etc etc I could go on all night and maybe include the tribal factions of Celtic and Rangers. Any football fan/supporter should first and foremost support his/her home team, not a club 25 miles down the road, money going to Man-U will not benefit this area only Manchester. So the moral to this tale is support your local side and if success comes their way money will come to Accrington.
Old 06-04-2007, 22:35   #5
Give, give, give member

Very smart uniforms though.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 22:45   #6
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Very smart uniforms though.

Just a hint of the old Mussolini about them don’t you think.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 00:13   #7
God Member

Well seems to me that some people on this site are quite happy to see members of the British public beaten just because they are in the right place at the wrong time..but these same members cry "outrage" when the threat of Argentina taking over the ****lands.. stick up for your fellow country men you wimps!
Old 07-04-2007, 00:17   #8
God Member

was me Ianto.. forgot to sign
Old 07-04-2007, 02:38   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Football supporters or fans macie that support or are fans of any other club than their home town club, are not fans or suppoters in the spirit of the game. They are pureley and simply 'success followers' Man U, Liverpool, etc etc I could go on all night and maybe include the tribal factions of Celtic and Rangers. Any football fan/supporter should first and foremost support his/her home team, not a club 25 miles down the road, money going to Man-U will not benefit this area only Manchester. So the moral to this tale is support your local side and if success comes their way money will come to Accrington.
And the last time you were at Stanley was?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:17   #10
Senior Member+

where as yeah there are innocent bystanders caught up in all this i do feel sorry for

however

as clearly shown in pics of the utd game adn spurs game there were aggrivators

if u want to avoid trouble what do u do? turn away. back off. go the other way.

clearly u can see utd and spurs fans having a go at the cops and what are they meant to do? simply stand there let it come?

simple fact is in the uk it doesnt happen as securioty around the grounds is so tight any wannabe fighters dont get in like they used to. unfortunatly the case in europe isnt the same but still that shouldnt make a certain thug element that was present ok to have rolling rampages at the police.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:59   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Whats going on? Man Utd supporters can't even go to watch a football game without getting your head kicked in?.. if this happened at an English game the Police involved would have been taken off duty

These "police" are taking liberties with British citizens!
Apparently had something to do with a cop getting hurt or killed at a football match now the cops are frightened
And I agree there actions were a disgrace the police that is
Old 07-04-2007, 08:34   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
where as yeah there are innocent bystanders caught up in all this i do feel sorry for

however

as clearly shown in pics of the utd game adn spurs game there were aggrivators

if u want to avoid trouble what do u do? turn away. back off. go the other way.

clearly u can see utd and spurs fans having a go at the cops and what are they meant to do? simply stand there let it come?
Turn away.back off?.. if you are cowering on your hands and knees you are not showing aggression.. yet it is clear the Police are heavily beating people who are curled and the people who are trying to drag them out of the trouble... it is the police beating up the innocent who's only crime is watching a football game.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:48   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post

I have to say you are wrong...I am a rangers fan and have had a season ticket for the last 20 odd years...I travel the 190 miles or whatever it is when I can to go watch them, and I also travel over europe to watch them when I get the chance - and I can tell you that I am not a 'success follower' or a glory hunter as they are known in scotland.. or am I? cos I chose to go watch a team in glasgow and not the local club 15 mins from my door ?..dont think so..I chose to go to glasgow cos I am a rangers fan and have been for over 25 years..way before any success came about..and the same will apply for the teams you mentioned in your post..you are basically saying that its wrong to follow a team thats not your local one...
what about the stanley fans who come outwith accrington to watch stanley play ?..should they stay in their local town and support their local club ?...
stanleys gate would fall in that case and not as much money would come through the turnstiles...thus then making success that bit harder ?..would you still want those fans to stay away and support their local team then...no I am presuming your answer would be...
sorry but this is the real world and people will travel to go watch whatever game they chose..I have been to see everton a few times...they wont win anything..so I cant be a success follower there can I?
I have to admit your argument/statement is slightly flawed..

Last edited by glasgow guy; 07-04-2007 at 09:50.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:16   #14
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
And the last time you were at Stanley was?
As an ex business customer of 'Eric,' I have an open invitation to go and watch Stanley anytime I like. I am in fact a Blackburn Rovers 'supporter' and yes I do pay for the privelige, although for reasons that shall stay with myself I am unable to attend matches, so I buy a season ticket for my grandson. As none of my grandchildren follow Accrington Stanley I do not contribute to them, I hope that answers your question Bazf.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:22   #15
Resting in peace

Quote:
glasgow guy, I have to say you are wrong...I am a rangers fan and have had a season ticket for the last 20 odd years...
You sir are to be admired as you are a true supporter who pays their money, a fan is a success follower who pays nothing, yet seeks to wallow in the glory. Up the Ger's.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..