Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2010, 17:48   #1
God Member

It's all over for Stanley....

That clown Barack Obama - grandson of a Mau-Mau terrorist - has just sacked the best General NATO/ISAF forces have had in Afganistan since the beginning of the conflict. I am disgusted. Stanley McCrystal simply spoke a few home truths about that anti-British idiot and his chums in the White House. Pathetic.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2010, 18:32   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: It's all over for Stanley....

not really suprised, was talking to a yank who was oer here a couple of months ago n he had very little,if any good to say about the president.
Old 23-06-2010, 18:42   #3
Resting in Peace

Annoyed me when he blamed BP for the oil leak, forgetting that it was the Yanks who were running the drilling operation ! Yes Tealeaf, he does appear to have an anti-British stripe through him.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 18:46   #4
God Member

Seems McCrystals boss (Pratraus) has been put into the Afghan job , seems a bit odd since he was responsible for McCrystals actions by 'out-ranking' him .

just a note on Obama , yep he has lost a lot of support of late , the media who kow-towed and sang Hosanahs to him are now beginning to compare his actions to George Bushs during Katrina for his actions/or lack of to the Gulf oil spill , God help the folks down there if a hurricane blows in , the season starts in July .
Morning news showed a couple of spots in New Orleans with oil sheened streets after an overnight rain , maybe media hype will have to wait and see
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 19:19   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
That clown Barack Obama - grandson of a Mau-Mau terrorist - has just sacked the best General NATO/ISAF forces have had in Afganistan since the beginning of the conflict. I am disgusted. Stanley McCrystal simply spoke a few home truths about that anti-British idiot and his chums in the White House. Pathetic.

I wish you wouldn't do that. When I saw the thread title I thought you meant Accrington Stanley.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 19:29   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
I wish you wouldn't do that. When I saw the thread title I thought you meant Accrington Stanley.
Oh dear. My apologies for any unintended confusion.
Old 23-06-2010, 19:35   #7
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Doesn't this about sum it up ?

President Barack Obama ousted General Stanley McChrystal as the top US commander in Afghanistan on today, saying that his scathing published remarks about administration officials undermine civilian control of the military and erode the needed trust on the president's war team.

The Americans & British have been in Afghanistan for 9 years now, to the Americans this is getting to be a case of Deja vu from 45 years back & there are still enough people who remember what the interference of politicians did to the cause of the American Military once more the evening news is filled with body bags & firefights.

Politicians have caused the situation in the first instance, they should be kept out & the Military should be left to do & finish the Politicians screw ups, without further hindrance from people in offices who've never had to put their miserable lives on the line for their Countries edicts.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 20:00   #8
God Member

I know Dave, that you were in the military but I don't think you did an Afgan tour. The reason this post is relevant is that as you are possibly aware the 1st Battalion Lancs has recently begun their six month tour; there were two fatalities last week, both originally Fijian guys. However, many of the battalion is recruited from NE Lancs and as such we have to prepare ourselves for casualties to come.

It does no good, therefore, when we have a commanding General who in his short tenure has gained the upmost respect from British and other forces but is then dismissed in this manner; his brief was to plan the campaign, fight the war and win it. That he has now been sacked because of some unguarded utterances will seriously undermine the morale of our forces there, including of course, the Lancs.

Anyway, looks like British General Nick Parker has taken interim command until Patreus shows up.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 23-06-2010 at 20:07.
Old 23-06-2010, 20:05   #9
Super Moderator

Totally agree with Bernard. You nearly gave me a heart attack there!
Old 23-06-2010, 20:21   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Totally agree with Bernard. You nearly gave me a heart attack there!
Are you implying I may have deliberately titled this thread in order to suggest a different meaning? Would I do such a thing?
Old 23-06-2010, 20:33   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Are you implying I may have deliberately titled this thread in order to suggest a different meaning? Would I do such a thing?
Of course not. Knowing you as I do, I'm sure you wouldn't dream of doing such a thing and it was a totally unintended misunderstanding!
Old 23-06-2010, 20:53   #12
God Member

yep never trust anybody whos in bed with the murdoch empire.

Murdoch’s Daughter Hosts Obama Fund-Raiser - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com
Old 24-06-2010, 09:26   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
For once Bernard I thought exactly the same thing as you
Old 24-06-2010, 09:30   #14
Resting in Peace

Ain't taken long for Obama to fall of his pedestal, as it, he's not really the savior of the world he was made out to be
Old 24-06-2010, 17:20   #15
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I know Dave, that you were in the military but I don't think you did an Afgan tour. The reason this post is relevant is that as you are possibly aware the 1st Battalion Lancs has recently begun their six month tour;
I know T, I left in 1993 saving me from having to serve in Afghanistan. As to the Lancs I know they're out there now, I had the pleasure of meeting some of the Lads when they were stationed here 2006-2008.

Sadly I think the Lancs will see a few more fatalities in the coming months. There has been more cases of direct fire casualties of late & it appears the taliban are stepping up their tactical attitude & developing the threat, I only hope the Lads keep low & move fast.

As to Obama his attitude is abysmal, he knows nothing about war fighting & its application, neither do his aides & advisers, Ok McChrystal made some out of turn comments, so what doesn't everyone ? A dressing down would've been sufficient & let the man carry on.

Obviously the great president of America & his aides feelings are far more important than the lives & feelings of those troops who are prepared to make such great sacrifice & by extension their families, in the cause for Americas freedom & at his & his predecessors behest.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..