Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 10:07   #1
Senior Member+

Exclamation Judge says it takes courage to burgle a house!

A judge let a robber off after telling him it takes courage to burgle a house!

What an idiot!

'It takes a huge amount of courage to burgle somebody's house': What judge told intruder who raided three homes before letting him walk free from court | Mail Online
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2012, 10:09   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Judge says it takes courage to burgle a house!

I think its time to wheel that judge out to the funny farm.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:24   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Judge said prison had harmed him after he developed an addiction to a heroin treatment drug
What on earth is a Judge that's been to prison and has heroin addiction problems doing in such a position of power?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:45   #4
Senior Member+

there must be some point in our lives that we would all "burgle" a house, obviously some peoples point isnt as low as others.

for those who say nay, just imagine, worst case scenario catastrophic scenes, your family hasnt been fed, yadayadayada everyone would have a point, at when they would steal

but i dont know?, that first time that you commited the crime, you wouldnt be panicking, i would thats for sure, be shaking like the preverbal pooing pooch.

thats not to say i condone the actions of the judge, i find these deplorable, because as of yet society hasnt broken down just quite enough for even me to justify either the criminal or the judges actions.

please lets not make this another debacle, and stick to valid points
darren
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
darren
Who died and made you Administrator?
Old 06-09-2012, 10:49   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Who died and made you Administrator?
and there we go!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:18   #7

Quote:
darren
The above is where we went, it isn't for you to decide how the thread ends up, draw your beak in and let the rest of us wander where we will.

Quote:
and there we go!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 12:56   #8

I think the judge meant "it takes a lot of nerve" to burgle a house. It's a pity he didn't say it.
Balbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 13:07   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balbus View Post
I think the judge meant "it takes a lot of nerve" to burgle a house. It's a pity he didn't say it.
i have read the article, he also went onto say, if i see you here again you start with 30 months, but i will give you a chance.

1year suspended for 18 months, 2 years supervision order with drug rehab, and 200 hours community work

now would this be cheaper, than housing this criminal? I'm guessing yes

if it works and he is rehabilitated, was this not a better option? possibly, more useful to society, "curing" someone, as russell brand would advocate.

if he is just a low life, that can't, doesnt want, or wont be helped, is he not going away on his next transgression, but at least we as a society have tried

and does none of this count, and forget the rehab, just punish him, and punish him harshly
Old 06-09-2012, 13:13   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

As far as i'm concerned his previous negated this stupid decision, unless of course he committed "Arson" to feed his habit.
Old 06-09-2012, 13:18   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As far as i'm concerned his previous negated this stupid decision, unless of course he committed "Arson" to feed his habit.
know what your saying, however the arson could have been financially motivated, and could be linked to drugs, not enough info to speculate
Old 06-09-2012, 15:01   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
know what your saying, however the arson could have been financially motivated, and could be linked to drugs, not enough info to speculate
Did he not become addicted "After" he was banged up fer arson? This courage comment makes me puke, No thought at all given to victims of this louse, They are the people always overlooked by these namby pamby do-gooders.
Old 06-09-2012, 15:24   #13
Senior Member+

so you cant see the judges point that it takes "nerves", remember this is an article in The Sun, and at the same time the judge was commending him for having "quit drugs", (even though he ordered drug rehab?????)

forgetting the moral bit for a moment , i dont think i could do that
Old 06-09-2012, 15:34   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
so you cant see the judges point that it takes "nerves", remember this is an article in The Sun, and at the same time the judge was commending him for having "quit drugs", (even though he ordered drug rehab?????)

forgetting the moral bit for a moment , i dont think i could do that
No i cannot see the point it takes nerves, craving fer a narcotic maybe, plus if it does take nerves, should these scumbags be commended fer courage? n the victims ignored? cos thats what seems to be happening in todays world, n being pedantic twas the "Mail" not the Sun.
Old 06-09-2012, 15:48   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No i cannot see the point it takes nerves, craving fer a narcotic maybe, plus if it does take nerves, should these scumbags be commended fer courage? n the victims ignored? cos thats what seems to be happening in todays world, n being pedantic twas the "Mail" not the Sun.
be as pedantic as you want, only i would have made sure it wasnt in both,

and not at all, commended that is, i am just trying to explain, in some way, why what the judge said can be twisted to make a good story, that most will jump on and say "ridiculous", this is someone who has been in the job nearly 30 years, judge bowers, must have sentenced hundreds.

or what about the done deal, behind closed doors, there is a TIC on the charge sheet

i have first hand experience, of how you know what you are getting before you go into court, because your barrister, speaks to CPS, then to judge in his chambers (ohhh matron!)
and all is agreed, before the court even hears your plea, cost being the overiding factor, not justice.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..