Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2006, 23:39   #1

Angry karma

does it just turn u people on when u use karma. looks like someone really hates me i get bad karma for almost everything i do.

chill out people

bet i'll get bad karma for this

Last edited by kash; 18-05-2006 at 23:43.
Accrington Web
Old 18-05-2006, 23:51   #2
God Member

Re: karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash
does it just turn u people on when u use karma. looks like someone really hates me i get bad karma for almost everything i do.

chill out people

Its fun sometimes ask mancie.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-05-2006, 08:20   #3

I still don`t understand this Karma buisness, how do you give it etc..? I likd the exam thing you posted, i would have given Karma for that!
Old 19-05-2006, 08:34   #4
Resting in Peace

Look at the right hand side of a post of the person you want to give karma too it says KARMA and is underlined click on this and fill it in .
you wont be able to give much as you have not made a lot of posts so have no power yet .
the more you post the more power you will get and the more karma points you can give.
if you like a post you give good karma and if not you give bad karma "giving bad karma" takes karma points off the person .
Old 19-05-2006, 11:04   #5
white rabbits

Quote:

Not off me you wont.... i DONT give bad karma
Old 19-05-2006, 11:08   #6

All very well...but why don,t people say who it,s from........??...or leave a message...in the case of bad karma....I guess...they,ve got no guts.....
Old 19-05-2006, 11:18   #7

Thanks Mick
Old 19-05-2006, 11:57   #8
Resident Waffler

I thought the message was compulsory.

Old 19-05-2006, 12:06   #9

thanx mick

Quote:
why don,t people say who it,s from........??...or leave a message...in the case of bad karma....I guess...they,ve got no guts.....
none of the bad karma that i've got are signed it's soo annoying.
Old 19-05-2006, 12:08   #10
Resident Waffler

There should at least be a comment about why and you can trace back the post it relates to.

Old 19-05-2006, 12:18   #11
God Member

Quote:
thanx mick

I prefer to sign both kinds its only fair. Its only if you fear retaliation you might not.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 19-05-2006, 13:14   #12
Len
God Member

Quote:
I think the trick, is to not let on that you’re annoyed or bothered as this will only encourage them to continue. We do seem to have a small minority of members whom take great pleasure in trying to under mine the friendliness of the majority of Accyweb members by abusing the Karma system.
If anyone feels that they are being unnecessarily targeted by these few then simply report it to the moderators, do not respond to their baiting posts or Karma comments. Responding angrily and kicking up a fuss only satisfies what they have been craving for, they win and you could even end up getting yourself in bother.

There are also many legitimate reasons for receiving negative Karma. If you’ve received negative Karma then first ask yourself why? Chances are that 99% of received negative Karma is because you’ve done something wrong.

The Karma system was initially setup for a bit of fun and it is, so please treat it as such.
Old 19-05-2006, 13:24   #13
Beacon of light

I have never given bad Karma.....I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and should not be penalised for having the opinion they have....though it might be different from mine. I always sign when I give good Karma....and IF i ever did give bad Karma I would sign that too.
Old 19-05-2006, 16:52   #14
Len
God Member

Oops! It looks like we’ve had quite a few posts deleted here. Hehe
Perhaps this topic had finally burnt out.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..