Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2005, 18:12   #1
Member.

Karma, Callaghan and posts about respect.......

Lord Callaghan

26-03-2005 18:05

who?

Well this is becoming very boring and a little tedious to the extreme. I’ve lost two Karma points in the last hour because some inept little t*** doesn’t know anything about there own domestic history. This was a well intentioned post for those of us who may remember Callaghan and his kind. Like them or not many of these people did some good. Just what have you done in your life.

Today we have seen post about respect for those remembered in our memorials defaced with spray paint, thugs ripping off old people and the rest. This to me shows that these people lack education and respect for others. Taking Karma for an informative post meant to alert those few who maybe remember someone who was at the forefront of British politics is very sad and in my view belittles the karma system.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 26-03-2005 at 18:19.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-03-2005, 18:51   #2
I am Banned

Re: Karma, Callaghan and posts about respect.......

u think thats bad i had one person deduct karma then when i quoted the offending post later on in the same thread the same person deducted karma again for the quote lol

here have some back
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 19:22   #3
white rabbits

i dont like the karma thing ,it stops people from saying what they think ,and some people dont have the decency to put a name to it ,,if you dont like my posts i dont care ,you can take all my karma points,,they just cause ill feeling , i dont mind what people write ,,if they feel strongly about something ,they should be allowed to voice an oppinion ,and good on em ....
Old 26-03-2005, 19:38   #4
Member.

Thank you chav 1. I’m sure that it won’t be the last time for both of us; it’s just a pity that like grannyclaret says it sometime stops people from saying what they think. I would like to see a system that makes people put their name to their comments so at least people can see if people are responding to the post or if patterns appear in a way that say its more personal.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 26-03-2005, 19:51   #5
Senior Member+

I agree with you doug, it would be good if the persons name was automaticly added to the karma. I put my name when giving out karma, i do not take karma from anyone because i believe everyone is entitled to hold there own opinion. I find taking away karma to be very petty. No doubt i will lose more because of this post.
Old 26-03-2005, 20:00   #6
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
I agree with you doug, it would be good if the persons name was automaticly added to the karma. I put my name when giving out karma, i do not take karma from anyone because i believe everyone is entitled to hold there own opinion. I find taking away karma to be very petty. No doubt i will lose more because of this post.
Thank you Janet. I hope you don’t lose any more; you and many others have a gained a great deal of respect on here because you have the balls to stand up and say what you believe.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 26-03-2005, 20:03   #7
God Member

yeah i also reckon people should have there name at the end of the karma deduction or addition but if people want to be cowards they can becuase if they feel strong enough to think why u are worng then they should have the strength to put their name after a karma rating
Old 26-03-2005, 20:05   #8
God Member

Your right Janet the taking of karma does end up petty. I have only taken karma of someone once for taking it from me for a very petty reason but I left my name so they know who they are but I think things are fine between us now lol but after I'd taken it I realised just how petty it was ! Luckily by looking at peoples karma points the ones that use the system properly do out weigh the ones that abuse it.

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 26-03-2005 at 20:07.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 20:12   #9
Passed away 25-11-09

I quite like the idea of showing approval for posts but, like Janet, I would never show disapproval in that way. If I disagree with what someone has said, I tell them so in the public forum. You may have noticed.
Old 26-03-2005, 20:13   #10
I am Banned

heres a tip

occasionaly take a look at the whos online function

it shows you exactly who is doing what or what they are looking at

ive seen it say when people are giving karma so i assume it will say when people are taking it away

iam a very quiet person and keep my head down and rarely speak up on any subject

you may have noticed

Last edited by chav1; 26-03-2005 at 20:14.
Old 26-03-2005, 20:16   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
heres a tip

occasionaly take a look at the whos online function

it shows you exactly who is doing what or what they are looking at

ive seen it say when people are giving karma so i assume it will say when people are taking it away
Everybody runs off to check the Who's Online function
Old 26-03-2005, 20:54   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Everybody runs off to check the Who's Online function
i just did and it said you were looking at me looking at you looking at me looking at you
Old 26-03-2005, 23:12   #13
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

I’ve lost two Karma points in the last hour because some inept little t*** doesn’t know anything about there own domestic history.

You mean someone deducted karma from you because they don't know who James Callaghan was? What a very odd reason to say the least. rofl I expect some of mine to go AWOL now too.

I like the karma system but some of the reasons people have for adding or deducting leave a lot to be desired. The best one I had was from someone who hadn't actually understood what I'd said and deducted some for what they thought it meant! What a plonker.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 14:09   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1

i am a very quiet person and keep my head down and rarely speak up on any subject

you may have noticed
Sure you do Chav1, i'll believe you thousands wouldn't. (lol)

Didn't realise that when you give Karma it didn't show you're name automatically.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2005, 15:13   #15
Give, give, give member

My karma goes up and down more than a lady of the nights underwear!

l think it should be like a PM, were the sender's i-d is revealed. lt would stop it from becoming away of cowardy custards sending personal, very abusive messages anonymously.

l take it as a compliment now, at least they're reading what l'm posting! Lol.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..