Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2007, 00:10   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Lar De Dars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

Katex is the Accyweb planning expert
LOL not really lancsdave .. just a nosey beggar.

Application was entered in May as below link 11/07/0289:-

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...07TO180507.pdf

Then under this number was registered as decision made:-

Hyndburn Borough Council - Planning Applications and Decisions

Strange thing is that when you enter into 289 it comes up with 290 ? Think some sort of error here

http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/cu...11_07_0290.pdf

They have also applied to improve the wall this time.

Whatever Bernie, can only improve the price on your property being in the midst of all this what with the Cannon Street Baptist application too .
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2007, 00:14   #17
God Member

Are they going to do appartments at Cannon Street as well? If they are surely they can do something with the Con Club!!!
Old 02-11-2007, 00:20   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Are they going to do appartments at Cannon Street as well? If they are surely they can do something with the Con Club!!!
Application for Cannon street been going on for some time Bernie .. thread on here somewhere .. sure your Ian had plenty to say on it ..

Suppose up to the owners of the Con Club to do summat here .. probably will jump on the band wagon at some stage I suspect.
Old 02-11-2007, 00:27   #19
God Member

Time will tell Kate, if they don't do something soon it will be beyond repair!!
Old 02-11-2007, 00:31   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Time will tell Kate, if they don't do something soon it will be beyond repair!!
I know, it's a shame, but these property owners aren't daft, are they .. just hang on til the time is ripe
Old 02-11-2007, 00:40   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I know, it's a shame, but these property owners aren't daft, are they .. just hang on til the time is ripe
From what has been in the paper it is our ever popular HBC who turned the planning application down who are at fault IMHO. The owner wanted to convert into appartments if my memory serves me right!!! Something was said about preserving the ballroom ceiling I think. Well with the window out the ceiling is probably all but gone by now.
Old 02-11-2007, 14:55   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Application for Cannon street been going on for some time Bernie .. thread on here somewhere .. sure your Ian had plenty to say on it ..

Suppose up to the owners of the Con Club to do summat here .. probably will jump on the band wagon at some stage I suspect.
Just been into town and saw the notice, they propose to make it into twenty two appartments. Better than leaving the building to rot I would have thought!!
Old 02-11-2007, 18:27   #23
God Member

Just say a big thank you that this place is not going to become another Pizza, Indian or Donner takeaway. Mind you, I cannot think of any logical reason why anyone would wish to buy a domestic property overlooking Tesco. Maybe they would just have some sort of Tesco fetish.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 18:38   #24
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Just say a big thank you that this place is not going to become another Pizza, Indian or Donner takeaway. Mind you, I cannot think of any logical reason why anyone would wish to buy a domestic property overlooking Tesco. Maybe they would just have some sort of Tesco fetish.
Flats conversion is the best thing to do with all these redundant buildings, the Con will be the next, grade 2 listing is the stumbling block here but falling into disrepair will spur the planners on. Cannon St Baptist church is in the throes of planning now. Something has to be done as they have no other commercial use in my opinion.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:52   #25
God Member

as long it will be reputable people living there or accy town cntre could just turn into a slum.
Old 12-12-2007, 00:09   #26
I am Banned

Hey I used to work there in the Karaoke room after Little John Left I was the KJ/DJ for about a year, my heart sunk the other day when I saw them pulling it down....
Karaokeman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:33   #27
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
as long it will be reputable people living there or accy town cntre could just turn into a slum.
Well if they are 'luxury' apartments presumably the price tags should ensure that people who buy them will look after them.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:40   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaokeman2002 View Post
Hey I used to work there in the Karaoke room after Little John Left I was the KJ/DJ for about a year, my heart sunk the other day when I saw them pulling it down....
Probably the same way I felt Karaokeman when we had to abandon our lovely little theatre in there which belonged to the Arts Club, and it became a Night Club ..
Old 12-12-2007, 19:17   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karaokeman2002 View Post
hey!!! when did you register on accyweb??

I am really really confused now! lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..