Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2005, 12:56   #1

Laughing at others misfortune

Why do we as humans, laugh at others misfortune, the wasps thing on the pet hates post got me thinking about this one, I mean how many times has a family member fell over and at the same time of seeing if they are alright your laughing, or is it just me?

and similar to that have you ever fell over or fell off a bike and the first thing you do is look round to see who was watching?
dazzalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2005, 12:59   #2
God Member

Re: Laughing at others misfortune

Dazza you sicko ................. lol

People walking into lamp posts cracks me up everytime
Old 22-09-2005, 13:00   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzalam
I mean how many times has a family member fell over
Omg if you lived with tinks, you would be permanently laughing at her, she spends more time on the floor than she does stood up....................or is that more time on her back??........

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 13:02   #4
God Member

I laugh loads when people fall over............take that fella in the cinema's for instance, we laughed that hard we ended up nearly peeing................poor lad.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 22-09-2005, 13:06   #5
I am Banned

Always laugh at others & i can even laugh at my own which have been loads too
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 13:06   #6

I know we all do it but why, because when you think about it isnt funny, but when its there in front of you, you just cant help yourself, there must be some explanation, and where is the fine line I mean the majority of us wouldnt laugh at someone being run over, would we?
dazzalam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 13:07   #7
I am Banned

It only happened at Stanley on tues nite poor ole bloke but i just couldnt help it i ain't ageist i laff at anything that amuses me
Old 22-09-2005, 13:08   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzalam
I mean the majority of us wouldnt laugh at someone being run over, would we?

Of course not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................well not to their face anyway!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 22-09-2005, 13:10   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Omg if you lived with tinks, you would be permanently laughing at her, she spends more time on the floor than she does stood up....................or is that more time on her back??........
CHEEKY BIT..................
Old 22-09-2005, 13:11   #10
I am Banned

it is said that laughter is the best medicine so when i laugh at other peoples misfortunes i consider my self as been more than helpful considering how loud i laugh
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 15:28   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sorry dazzo i do think its funny even when its me thats had the accident,maybe i,m a sicko?
Old 22-09-2005, 16:10   #12
I am Banned

you laugh if you know there ok, falling over and bumping into things, obviously your not going to run up the person who has just been run over point your finger at them and laugh you head off are you??? Same with an elderly person your not going to laugh when they fall over, i think it depends on the actual person?

i once did it at primary school my best friend was running and fell over i thought she was laughing and so i laughed too but when she looked at me she was in fact crying but hey i eventually made her laugh by laughing at her.

if i was to fall now in the street and i looked around for people laughing at me i would actually laugh with them weather or not id broken my arm or badly cut myself, better to laugh with them i suppose??

But it is funny when someone falls, even better when there drunk and can not get up,also when a young girl in high heels thinking shes a model of some sort and she goes flying !!! now that does make me split my sides cruel i know but hey people laugh at me!!
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 17:17   #13
I am Banned

Isn't that the best babyboo seeing either gender posers going on their bum or into a lampost tehehehe
Old 22-09-2005, 17:23   #14
Clearly Classy.......

I once missed my chair in our office and sat on the floor, I banged my head and was dazed for a while, my 'friend' however was helpless on the floor next to me!

but I must admit I would have been the same.

My friends top came completely down in Churchills one night OMG I am cracking up now thinking about it. I really could not stop laughing my face was killing me!!! As was my poor mate!

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2005, 18:58   #15
God Member

Yes I laugh at the accidents of others and sometimes when having had an accident myself. It helps get over the shock and ignore any pain.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..